Author Topic: Mango's 2018 Camaro SS 1LE  (Read 126073 times)

Offline quadzilla

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +391/-634
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2022 Rock'n Rolla Nightstalker
Re: Mango's 2018 Camaro SS 1LE
« Reply #580 on: September 04, 2020, 11:56:56 pm »
Well, I ordered a car today. 2021 order guide finally came in for the AMG C43 Wagon.

Great build and would have been the same colours I would have picked. I actually think I have a post from when the C43 was available in Canada  built up with those colours.

I will admit that I thought you might have went with the E53 but that is probably another $25K if spec'd properly.

Offline PJungnitsch

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +170/-337
    • View Profile
    • Travel in Africa
  • Cars: Subaru Crosstrek, Lexus RX350, Evolve Carbon, Biktrix Juggernaut, Yamaha TW200
« Reply #581 on: September 05, 2020, 12:15:59 am »
Pretty much like this, no?

https://www.autotrader.ca/expert/20190320/test-drive-2019-mercedes-amg-c43-4matic-wagon/

There are no universally perfect vehicles. Amenities or attributes hailed by some will undoubtedly be lamented by others. Each consumer will have different tastes and requirements, so meeting all of those needs in a single platform is no easy task. That being said, I’ll go on record as saying that the 2019 Mercedes-AMG C43 Wagon is the closest thing to a perfect car that I’ve piloted so far this year.

Sweet

Offline OliverD

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +255/-769
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2011 BMW 328i Touring, 1998 Jaguar XJR, 2024 Mini Cooper S
« Reply #582 on: September 05, 2020, 07:09:33 am »
Just seeing this now. Congrats!

Let me know when you get bored of it and I might take it off your hands.  :)

Offline me_2

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +300/-76
  • 2014 Volt, 2001 Saturn SW2. Son's DD: 2015 Volt
    • View Profile
« Reply #583 on: September 05, 2020, 09:02:48 am »
Noice wagon, like the colour combo too, Enjoy!
Gone but not forgotten in chronological order: 2019 Volt, 2013 Volt, 2014 Spark EV, 2012 Volt and many others before...

Offline Triple Bob

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +308/-574
  • Profesional Dash Stroker
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Tundra, GTI, Triumph Tiger, KTM, C63 AMG, FZ-09, Triumph Speed Triple, VW Golf Wagon TDI, BMW 535i, Honda CRF250L, Hyundai Genesis Coupe, Mitsubishi Outlander, Lotus Exige, Subaru Impreza, Peugeot 106, BMW Z4, Toyota MR2 MKIII, Ford Sierra Sapphire
« Reply #584 on: September 05, 2020, 10:44:00 am »
Pretty much like this, no?

https://www.autotrader.ca/expert/20190320/test-drive-2019-mercedes-amg-c43-4matic-wagon/

There are no universally perfect vehicles. Amenities or attributes hailed by some will undoubtedly be lamented by others. Each consumer will have different tastes and requirements, so meeting all of those needs in a single platform is no easy task. That being said, I’ll go on record as saying that the 2019 Mercedes-AMG C43 Wagon is the closest thing to a perfect car that I’ve piloted so far this year.

Sweet

Same car but I have the darker Canvasite blue. That's the brilliant blue.

Options are setup a little differently in 2021 but I have ordered what would have been the technology package missing from that car (major things like the multibeam LED headlights and the full digital dash) and the AMG blackout package which blacks out all the satin chrome bits. Starting in 2020 you also get the AMG drive unit and part of the AMG package so you get all the cool traction control switches and wheel and the like on the steering wheel the exact same as the big boy AMGs.

I didn't get the intelligent drive package as I don't like all those driver aides. IMO the perfect spec.

Nice, congrats!  And that's a lot of car for the price too.

Choosing a car based on reliability is like choosing a wife based solely because she is punctual. There is more to it than that...

Offline Triple Bob

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Tundra, GTI, Triumph Tiger, KTM, C63 AMG, FZ-09, Triumph Speed Triple, VW Golf Wagon TDI, BMW 535i, Honda CRF250L, Hyundai Genesis Coupe, Mitsubishi Outlander, Lotus Exige, Subaru Impreza, Peugeot 106, BMW Z4, Toyota MR2 MKIII, Ford Sierra Sapphire
« Reply #585 on: September 05, 2020, 10:44:51 am »
I really want to add that I looked for every excuse in the book to buy and EV and in reality it would really suit my driving pattern. A Tesla Y in theory would work perfect for me but i can't get over the looks and more than anything I can't live with that interior. I'd probably go with the Polestar 2 but again every EV seems like it has to come out with all sorts of gimmicky :censor: like vegan interiors or austere interiors.

If someone just made a regular :censor: luxury car or wagon that was an EV (in a reasonable price range) I'd probably buy it  :-\

Agree, hence my electric truck thread.

P.S. I feel a photoshoot coming on...  ;D

Offline me_2

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #586 on: September 05, 2020, 10:46:12 am »
I really want to add that I looked for every excuse in the book to buy and EV and in reality it would really suit my driving pattern. A Tesla Y in theory would work perfect for me but i can't get over the looks and more than anything I can't live with that interior. I'd probably go with the Polestar 2 but again every EV seems like it has to come out with all sorts of gimmicky :censor: like vegan interiors or austere interiors.

If someone just made a regular :censor: luxury car or wagon that was an EV (in a reasonable price range) I'd probably buy it  :-\

The EV offer would increase (exponentially) over time to becoming the new standard for personal vehicle, mass transport, trucking, etc.
I must say the Jaguar I-Pace just look to have right proportion & interior finish is nice imho.
https://www.jaguar.ca/en/all-models/i-pace/index.html

Offline Triple Bob

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #587 on: September 05, 2020, 10:53:55 am »

The EV offer would increase (exponentially) over time to becoming the new standard for personal vehicle, mass transport, trucking, etc.
I must say the Jaguar I-Pace just look to have right proportion & interior finish is nice imho.
https://www.jaguar.ca/en/all-models/i-pace/index.html

It's overpriced for a (realistic) 300-350km range though. Only Kia has really caught up to Tesla when it comes to reducing range anxiety.

Online Gurgie

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +308/-518
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2019 Honda Passport Touring
« Reply #588 on: September 05, 2020, 11:05:00 am »

I think the only EV that has the kind of luxury you're looking for & looks great at the same time is the Model S, but then you'd need to spend over $100k for a brand new one, or try to find a used one.

Sent from my SM-G970W using Tapatalk

You live everyday. You only die once....

Offline me_2

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #589 on: September 05, 2020, 11:11:12 am »

It's overpriced for a (realistic) 300-350km range though. Only Kia has really caught up to Tesla when it comes to reducing range anxiety.

For sur the Kia Soul EV and Niro have a better $/ev range ratio, no question here and feel like "normal" vehicle as Vmango wish, at reasonable price ;D

https://www.kia.ca/vehicles/soulev2021/overview?sourceid=nav
https://www.kia.ca/vehicles2020/niroev/overview?sourceid=nav

Offline me_2

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #590 on: September 05, 2020, 11:14:08 am »

I think the only EV that has the kind of luxury you're looking for & looks great at the same time is the Model S, but then you'd need to spend over $100k for a brand new one, or try to find a used one.

That is an excellent option also

Offline me_2

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #591 on: September 05, 2020, 11:15:31 am »

I mean this with the utmost respect. I wouldn't be caught dead in one of those things.

I was teasing Triple Bob, I knew you wouldn't  ;)

Online Gurgie

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +308/-518
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2019 Honda Passport Touring
« Reply #592 on: September 05, 2020, 11:32:08 am »
Like imagine Audi made an etron A4/S4 Avant. :drool:
I get what you mean!

Offline quadzilla

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +391/-634
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2022 Rock'n Rolla Nightstalker
« Reply #593 on: September 05, 2020, 12:24:45 pm »
If the C Wagon came as a PHEV with 50-75 kms of range BUT with the 2.0T 4 cyl engine. Would you have bought it?

Also curious if you tested the Volvo V60 wagons (regular and CC)? Some quick thoughts if you did.

Offline JohnnyMac

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +111/-460
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2022 Honda CR-V Sport, 2022 Honda Civic Si, 2020 Toyota Rav4 Hybrid XLE (traded in), 2020 VW Jetta GLI (Traded in), 2010 Hyundai Santa Fe Limited (sold), 2016 VW Golf R (Sold)
« Reply #594 on: September 05, 2020, 12:26:59 pm »
Other than the two Merc wagons, what else did you consider and was any of them close to earning your business?

Offline dirtyjeffer

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +296/-1312
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2021 Toyota Venza Limited, 2016 Kia Sorento EX AWD
« Reply #595 on: September 05, 2020, 02:51:34 pm »

For sur the Kia Soul EV and Niro have a better $/ev range ratio, no question here and feel like "normal" vehicle as Vmango wish, at reasonable price ;D

I mean this with the utmost respect. I wouldn't be caught dead in one of those things.
we get it...those are decent compact EVs, but it's just not the type of vehicle for you...i mean, you just ordered a C43 AMG Wagon...no one, and i mean NO ONE, who is buying a C43 AMG wagon is going to buy the Niro or Soul EV.

the problem with EVs right now is battery cost...loaded up, those things are $50-$55k...half of that is the battery...so when you're looking at one, realize the interior is on par with a $25-$30k compact...it's fine for that, but for someone dropping north of $50-$60k and up, that won't cut it...that's why things like the Tesla, Polestar 2 and Taycan are all so expensive...to have that long range AND decent interior components costs money...Kia COULD make something like that, but then it would be $100k, and likely no one would buy it...i could see Genesis leveraging their parents pockets for something like it though...maybe you could get a Genesis E70 (E for EV and 70 for the smallest size vehicle) and have it priced for about $70k???...might get some interest.
When you've lost the argument, admit defeat and hit the smite button.

Offline Triple Bob

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #596 on: September 05, 2020, 02:51:45 pm »

LOL, how are you teasing me? I think Kia's EV tech is very, very good. And have no qualms about driving either a Kia or a Hyundai.  :)

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1254/-7210
    • View Profile
« Reply #597 on: September 05, 2020, 03:03:30 pm »

LOL, how are you teasing me? I think Kia's EV tech is very, very good. And have no qualms about driving either a Kia or a Hyundai.  :)
We test drove a 2016 Kia Soul EV...and we're impressed for what it was. Already thought the Soul was extremely good for a compact vehicle....And the used prices on these are pretty compelling....

But doesn't really fit into Mango' s "want list".

I really tried to get him to consider a used Panamera GTS though! :)
How fast is my 911?  Supras sh*t on on me all the time...in reverse..with blown turbos  :( ...

Offline Triple Bob

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #598 on: September 05, 2020, 03:17:32 pm »

we get it...those are decent compact EVs, but it's just not the type of vehicle for you...i mean, you just ordered a C43 AMG Wagon...no one, and i mean NO ONE, who is buying a C43 AMG wagon is going to buy the Niro or Soul EV.

the problem with EVs right now is battery cost...loaded up, those things are $50-$55k...half of that is the battery...so when you're looking at one, realize the interior is on par with a $25-$30k compact...it's fine for that, but for someone dropping north of $50-$60k and up, that won't cut it...that's why things like the Tesla, Polestar 2 and Taycan are all so expensive...to have that long range AND decent interior components costs money...Kia COULD make something like that, but then it would be $100k, and likely no one would buy it...i could see Genesis leveraging their parents pockets for something like it though...maybe you could get a Genesis E70 (E for EV and 70 for the smallest size vehicle) and have it priced for about $70k???...might get some interest.

I don't think he was being serious. But also when I was saying I wouldn't be caught dead in those it was somewhat tongue in cheek and not necessarily about those cars. I mean, I wouldn't be caught dead in my old 2007 Cobalt SS either and I loved that car dearly.

Those KIAs would be fine appliances for the Urban commuting grind. My only gripe, and this goes for all EVs, is the cost. I'm not a cult member enough yet to ignore what else I can get at the same price - particularly because I'm also a bit of a dinosaur in my love for rawness and larger engines.

But like computers the price is going to come down with EVs and there will be more selection. I'm sure in 5 years there will be something out there that's close to what I've been talking about above. I'm sure it will be a different world for cars in the next 5-10 years.

Again part of the reason I wanted the Camaro now and also part of the reason I want the C43 wagon now. I am not going to be able to get these cars [new] later. There will be lots of time for me to buy EV SUVs later *shudder*

Same for me. Although any car isn't really appealing to me right now as I'm not really driving anywhere. So the one that depreciates the least is best!  :rofl2:

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1254/-7210
    • View Profile
« Reply #599 on: September 05, 2020, 03:22:41 pm »

I don't think he was being serious. But also when I was saying I wouldn't be caught dead in those it was somewhat tongue in cheek and not necessarily about those cars. I mean, I wouldn't be caught dead in my old 2007 Cobalt SS either and I loved that car dearly.

Those KIAs would be fine appliances for the Urban commuting grind. My only gripe, and this goes for all EVs, is the cost. I'm not a cult member enough yet to ignore what else I can get at the same price - particularly because I'm also a bit of a dinosaur in my love for rawness and larger engines.

But like computers the price is going to come down with EVs and there will be more selection. I'm sure in 5 years there will be something out there that's close to what I've been talking about above. I'm sure it will be a different world for cars in the next 5-10 years.

Again part of the reason I wanted the Camaro now and also part of the reason I want the C43 wagon now. I am not going to be able to get these cars [new] later. There will be lots of time for me to buy EV SUVs later *shudder*

Same for me. Although any car isn't really appealing to me right now as I'm not really driving anywhere. So the one that depreciates the least is best!  :rofl2:
You're also distracted with a couple of new bikes vying for your attention! :)