Author Topic: Big Guy, Small Car Test Drive: 2017 Toyota C-HR  (Read 5906 times)

Offline Ex-airbalancer

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +729/-1584
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2011 Silverado 1500 LTZ ext ended cab , 2013 Lexus RX-350 F Sport
Re: Big Guy, Small Car Test Drive: 2017 Toyota C-HR
« Reply #40 on: June 21, 2017, 11:35:12 am »
The ad men also said the Traverse (and siblings), Pathfinder (and sibling), Pilot, and Highlander are not minivans.

Well, they are not, no sliding doors, but you and I know better. Sorry, if you bought a Pathfinder, you bought the wrong AWD Sienna.

Come on Dkaz, no minivan tows 5000lbs.  And minivans ride much softer than any of those vehicles.  Also load height of minivans are lower.   

Don't forget you can fit many 4'x8' sheets of plywood flat on the floor  in the back of a minivan and close the hatch.  I don't even have to remove any of my seats to do it.  Try doing THAT in an SUV!

Cough...cough....the Suburban....cough.....cough...

Okay, CUV, or SUV that doesn't cost as much as a private yacht.

Thats a lot exaggerated, theres moro.....ahem...people out there paying that for a hatch in drag like a Macan. You can get a 'Burb starting in the $60k range, name something else thats even remotely as comfortable or capable.
Who wants $60gs to spend on a SUV  ::)

Online Fobroader

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1424/-2120
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2020 Toyota Tundra, 2021 Lexus GX460, 2018 Kawasaki Versys X300
« Reply #41 on: June 21, 2017, 11:38:37 am »
The ad men also said the Traverse (and siblings), Pathfinder (and sibling), Pilot, and Highlander are not minivans.

Well, they are not, no sliding doors, but you and I know better. Sorry, if you bought a Pathfinder, you bought the wrong AWD Sienna.

Come on Dkaz, no minivan tows 5000lbs.  And minivans ride much softer than any of those vehicles.  Also load height of minivans are lower.   

Don't forget you can fit many 4'x8' sheets of plywood flat on the floor  in the back of a minivan and close the hatch.  I don't even have to remove any of my seats to do it.  Try doing THAT in an SUV!

Cough...cough....the Suburban....cough.....cough...

Okay, CUV, or SUV that doesn't cost as much as a private yacht.

Thats a lot exaggerated, theres moro.....ahem...people out there paying that for a hatch in drag like a Macan. You can get a 'Burb starting in the $60k range, name something else thats even remotely as comfortable or capable.
Who wants $60gs to spend on a SUV  ::)

Apparently a ton of people spending that kind of money of far inferior "suvs" that cannot tow, do not have a transfer case or a real frame.
Lighten up Francis.....

Offline johngenx

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +758/-938
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2009 Toyota Corolla, 2004 Toyota Highlander V-6 4WD, 2001 Subaru Forester, 1994 Mazda Miata
« Reply #42 on: June 21, 2017, 09:55:45 pm »

Sorry, not a trust fund baby living in some sorry a$$ apartment in downtown T.O. , does not apply to me