Author Topic: What did you do to your motorcycle (or bike) today?  (Read 169331 times)

Online Jaeger

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +707/-12434
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2015 Hyundai Genesis 3.8 AWD, 2016 Honda Fit EX-L Navi, 2019 Genesis G80 3.3t Sport, 2021 Honda CB650R, 2023 Honda Monkey
Re: What did you do to your motorcycle (or bike) today?
« Reply #1280 on: June 07, 2024, 07:33:35 am »
Oh - I thought those giant beaks served some specific off-road purpose.

They sure do. Of course it keeps the sun out of your eyes but it also acts like a shield if you take roost (rocks, dirt) from a bike in front of you. A 500CC thumper dirt bike can pitch an incredible amount of crap. Rocks can be up to tennis ball sized. You get that moment of "oh no" as the bike infront hits the throttle. Just enough time to tuck the chin and save your goggles/face.

That Klim helmet can be run many ways and much quieter than a dirt helmet. Then again my dirt helmet only weighs 1 kg so the big helmet only if it is road/dualsport time..

:cheers:
Wokeism is nothing more than the recognition and opposition of bigotry in all its forms.  Bigots are predictably triggered.

Offline ktm525

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +117/-442
  • Just walk away!
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Land Rover LR4, Honda Ridgeline, Husqvarna FE501
« Reply #1281 on: June 07, 2024, 10:27:39 am »

They sure do. Of course it keeps the sun out of your eyes but it also acts like a shield if you take roost (rocks, dirt) from a bike in front of you. A 500CC thumper dirt bike can pitch an incredible amount of crap. Rocks can be up to tennis ball sized. You get that moment of "oh no" as the bike infront hits the throttle. Just enough time to tuck the chin and save your goggles/face.

That Klim helmet can be run many ways and much quieter than a dirt helmet. Then again my dirt helmet only weighs 1 kg so the big helmet only if it is road/dualsport time..

Can I borrow a  $1000?   ;D

Online Jaeger

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +707/-12434
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2015 Hyundai Genesis 3.8 AWD, 2016 Honda Fit EX-L Navi, 2019 Genesis G80 3.3t Sport, 2021 Honda CB650R, 2023 Honda Monkey
« Reply #1282 on: June 08, 2024, 09:30:05 am »

:rofl2:  Odds are I've already spent it on a helmet.  :rofl:

Offline ktm525

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +117/-442
  • Just walk away!
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Land Rover LR4, Honda Ridgeline, Husqvarna FE501
« Reply #1283 on: June 09, 2024, 10:22:00 am »

:rofl2:  Odds are I've already spent it on a helmet.  :rofl:

You can't put a price on safety.