Author Topic: Test Drive: 2017 Nissan Rogue SL Platinum  (Read 3371 times)

Offline dirtyjeffer

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +296/-1312
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2021 Toyota Venza Limited, 2016 Kia Sorento EX AWD
Re: Test Drive: 2017 Nissan Rogue SL Platinum
« Reply #20 on: February 28, 2017, 02:09:18 pm »
I see what you guys write but you are wrong. Cars can be quieter...easily...it does not take much. This is why there are companies out there that provide silent kits..."that seem to work".https://www.b-quiet.com/collections/all

If this becomes a sales factor for car manufacturer's...it will be done by them...instead of having to go after-market. It's silly to refuse a better product.
if it was something that was truly a benefit, they would already do it...customers aren't asking for it in the regular class of vehicles...sure, some vehicles have slight enhancements to improve it, but no one goes all out in this bracket...the added cost and weight likely provides minimal benefits.

would i rather have a heated steering wheel, or a 3db reduction in cabin noise??...heated steering wheel, thanks...i'd wager buyers of $100k cars don't go in the dealership asking "Could you please let me know the db rating at 100km/hr of this vehicle??"...they don't do that because buyers in that segment are already going to get enhancements in the car which will make it quieter to ride in than a Sentra or Civic...adding that fancy stuff to a Sentra is silly, since any savings you get on exterior noise would be negated by the tires, fan, stereo or engine anyway.
When you've lost the argument, admit defeat and hit the smite button.

Offline Fobroader

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1424/-2123
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2020 Toyota Tundra, 2021 Lexus GX460, 2018 Kawasaki Versys X300
« Reply #21 on: February 28, 2017, 02:19:39 pm »
Sorry...it was meant to be humorous but clearly was not.

No, no, the wife calls me deaf as a post  ;D
Lighten up Francis.....

Offline Firm

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +232/-1073
  • Urban Hick
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2010 XKR, 2007 DTS, 2006 Escalade, 2000 Sonoma ZQ8,1996 Firebird, 1996 Firebird Formula, 1985 Trans Am, 1984 Camaro, 1978 MGB x2
« Reply #22 on: February 28, 2017, 03:02:48 pm »
I am in the crowd who does think this is important. Sure, once you get into a certain level of vehicle, it's expected that the thing is very quiet, but that's not always true when you're looking at more affordable stuff.

For example, I would want to live with a current Mazda 3 or Subaru Impreza because the road noise on the highway in both of those cars gets annoying during my 1-1.5 hour commutes. A Civic, Cruze, Focus and even the Elantra are much better from a noise standpoint.

Because it matters to me, as a driver, I mention cabin noise in just about every review I write.

Offline Cord

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +104/-115
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 28, 2017, 03:17:08 pm »
...adding that fancy stuff to a Sentra is silly, since any savings you get on exterior noise would be negated by the tires, fan, stereo or engine anyway.

Active noise cancellation would take care of all those factors. I don't know if that's an expensive feature or just one that hasn't been asked for in more basic models.
"If we can just believe something then we don't have to really think for ourselves, do we?" Paul Haggis

Offline dirtyjeffer

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 28, 2017, 03:20:35 pm »
...adding that fancy stuff to a Sentra is silly, since any savings you get on exterior noise would be negated by the tires, fan, stereo or engine anyway.

Active noise cancellation would take care of all those factors. I don't know if that's an expensive feature or just one that hasn't been asked for in more basic models.
active noise cancellation would be far less expensive that adding tens of pounds of foam padding to a vehicle...you'd simply need a head unit that had an active mic, and an algorithm that would monitor ambient noise and played an out of phase version of it through the stereo speakers...of course, this would likely necessitate an uplevel audio system, which of course again, adds the cost...but certainly doable, and why several vehicles already do this.

Offline Rupert

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +49/-160
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 28, 2017, 04:04:47 pm »
Yeah...earplugs, gloves and wooly knickers. Woosey sots. Just the job in Camels and 5s...who needs a parachute...just ride er in. Don't mek em like the auld days Charlie 2. I say old boy...did you not hear yer air bag go off. Bit more fancy then.

Offline dirtyjeffer

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 28, 2017, 04:10:22 pm »
Yeah...earplugs, gloves and wooly knickers. Woosey sots. Just the job in Camels and 5s...who needs a parachute...just ride er in. Don't mek em like the auld days Charlie 2. I say old boy...did you not hear yer air bag go off. Bit more fancy then.
SAF, is that you?

Offline Sir Osis of Liver

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1376/-1726
  • Ramblin' man
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2017 KTM DUKE 390, 2019 VW Jetta GLI 35th Anniversary
« Reply #27 on: February 28, 2017, 04:41:59 pm »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=myIB1TrPpTE
On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last, and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.

H. L. Mencken

Offline Fobroader

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1424/-2123
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2020 Toyota Tundra, 2021 Lexus GX460, 2018 Kawasaki Versys X300
« Reply #28 on: February 28, 2017, 04:51:09 pm »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=myIB1TrPpTE

Tally ho lads and all that.....

Offline Robin2

• Learner's Permit
  • Carma: +4/-9
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2018 Subaru WRX, 2011 Subaru WRX sedan, 1999 Subaru Impreza RS, 1992 Mazda 323
« Reply #29 on: March 01, 2017, 08:04:52 am »
It's funny what is considered now for new vehicles......  I guess my anticipation for 25-38k SUV isn't going to be for a 60-80k lexus or german SUV. 

I don't want all the nannies or all the infotainement with 18 million speakers....  I want something comfortable, that's decent on fuel economy for it's class, decent awd, and decent options.

this is why we got the SV package and not the SL.  I couldn't justify the 6-7k difference for fluff.  My wife loves her heated seats but her first comment that her rogue heated seats aren't as good as my older Subaru wrx heated seats.  But overall, she's loves her 2016 rogue as it's night and day way better than her 2010 Santa fe. 

Its no powerhouse but I find the CVT does its job in putting the power down when needed.  if you have 300hp and downgrading to 170+ hp, yes, it's slow.  But all in this segment that base 4cyl engines aren't fast unless you opt for the 6cyl or turbo version.