Author Topic: The Motorcycling Thread  (Read 457865 times)

Offline Bubba

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +382/-442
  • Vice President, Autos.ca Arizona Operations
    • View Profile
    • My photo site
  • Cars: 2013 Toyota Corolla LE
Re: The Motorcycling Thread
« Reply #3240 on: June 15, 2022, 10:18:24 pm »
A friend added this to his collection recently.

1985 Honda VF1000F Interceptor. 
116 hp, 150 mph top speed.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government. - Thomas Jefferson

Offline rrocket

• Carma: +1254/-7210
    • View Profile
« Reply #3241 on: June 15, 2022, 10:25:08 pm »
^^Can have the known cam issues.   :(

Nice classic Honda though!!
How fast is my 911?  Supras sh*t on on me all the time...in reverse..with blown turbos  :( ...

Offline Jaeger

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +707/-12390
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2015 Hyundai Genesis 3.8 AWD, 2016 Honda Fit EX-L Navi, 2019 Genesis G80 3.3t Sport, 2021 Honda CB650R, 2023 Honda Monkey
« Reply #3242 on: June 16, 2022, 06:14:20 am »
A friend added this to his collection recently.

1985 Honda VF1000F Interceptor. 
116 hp, 150 mph top speed.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

That's a beauty!  :winner:
Wokeism is nothing more than the recognition and opposition of bigotry in all its forms.  Bigots are predictably triggered.

Offline ktm525

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +117/-442
  • Just walk away!
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Land Rover LR4, Honda Ridgeline, Husqvarna FE501
« Reply #3243 on: June 22, 2022, 12:12:48 am »
Losing that Toecutter look though as we move into the mid eighties...

Offline blur911

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +244/-779
  • Nasty Weasel
    • View Profile
  • Cars: and bikes by age:BMW, Porsche, Subaru, Suzuki, Suzuki, Mazda, Jaguar, Kawasaki, Porsche, GMC, Suzuki
« Reply #3244 on: June 22, 2022, 10:46:17 am »
390ktm recently safetied. Bus was turning into bus depot when car swung around the bus into oncoming bike. 2 up driver deceased passenger in hospital.

Be careful out there, this was just a few km from me. :'(
Mr Pickypants

Offline Blueprint

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +170/-232
  • member since way back when
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2024 Mazda CX-90 GS-L PHEV, 2022 Subaru Crosstrek Limited, 1975 Triumph TR6
« Reply #3245 on: June 22, 2022, 12:15:30 pm »
Traffic engineer/project manager & part time auto journalist

Offline PJungnitsch

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +170/-337
    • View Profile
    • Travel in Africa
  • Cars: Subaru Crosstrek, Lexus RX350, Evolve Carbon, Biktrix Juggernaut, Yamaha TW200
« Reply #3246 on: June 22, 2022, 12:31:39 pm »
Jeez. You'd think they could auction them off in Idaho or somewhere. Going through one town there all everybody seemed to drive was side by sides

Offline Fobroader

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1424/-2121
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2020 Toyota Tundra, 2021 Lexus GX460, 2018 Kawasaki Versys X300
« Reply #3247 on: June 22, 2022, 04:16:43 pm »
Jeez. You'd think they could auction them off in Idaho or somewhere. Going through one town there all everybody seemed to drive was side by sides

Yeah, or Alaska, or Florida. I mean thats a lot of wasted money, I know thats most governments strong suit, throwing money away, but what a waste.
Lighten up Francis.....

Offline Fobroader

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #3248 on: June 22, 2022, 04:21:52 pm »
Took half a day on Friday and am going bike shopping with the neighbor. He liked my Versys but when I brought the Boulevard home, he was completely smitten. Taking his motorcycle learner course in July and wants to go look at some Indians.....but will most likely end up on a used Boulevard-ish bike as his wife would kill him if he came home with a $30k+ bike to learn on.

Offline HeliDriver

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +176/-235
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2023 Crosstrek Sport 6MT; 2011 Yukon XL 2500
« Reply #3249 on: June 22, 2022, 04:22:06 pm »
They got a lot of free PR with the stunt. How much would a big ad campaign have cost?

The idea is to get the word out and stop people from trying to get away with this. Nobody would have noticed if they just sent the bikes to Idaho.

Offline Fobroader

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #3250 on: June 22, 2022, 04:26:07 pm »
They got a lot of free PR with the stunt. How much would a big ad campaign have cost?

The idea is to get the word out and stop people from trying to get away with this. Nobody would have noticed if they just sent the bikes to Idaho.

Yeah, but much like Trudeaus gun laws, are criminals really going to give a crap about what the cops are doing??

Offline PJungnitsch

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +170/-337
    • View Profile
    • Travel in Africa
  • Cars: Subaru Crosstrek, Lexus RX350, Evolve Carbon, Biktrix Juggernaut, Yamaha TW200
« Reply #3251 on: June 22, 2022, 04:31:24 pm »
Took half a day on Friday and am going bike shopping with the neighbor. He liked my Versys but when I brought the Boulevard home, he was completely smitten. Taking his motorcycle learner course in July and wants to go look at some Indians.....but will most likely end up on a used Boulevard-ish bike as his wife would kill him if he came home with a $30k+ bike to learn on.

:rofl: Can't imagine getting a perfect brand new Indian and then dropping it in the learning process, likely a few times

Offline HeliDriver

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #3252 on: June 22, 2022, 04:34:05 pm »

Yeah, but much like Trudeaus gun laws, are criminals really going to give a crap about what the cops are doing??

It’s people riding unlicensed bikes. Yeah, they must all be criminals. Degens, too, most likely.

Whatever. Even criminal degens probably don’t want their bikes confiscated and destroyed.

Offline Fobroader

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #3253 on: June 22, 2022, 04:42:43 pm »

:rofl: Can't imagine getting a perfect brand new Indian and then dropping it in the learning process, likely a few times

Thats where I'm trying to lead him to....there will be many tears  :rofl2:

Offline Fobroader

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #3254 on: June 22, 2022, 04:44:30 pm »

It’s people riding unlicensed bikes. Yeah, they must all be criminals. Degens, too, most likely.

Whatever. Even criminal degens probably don’t want their bikes confiscated and destroyed.

Uhh yeah, they are criminals and degens. These are the idiots you see riding in groups of 100s disrupting traffic and attacking anyone that they run to when doing a wheelie through traffic. Seeing their bikes destroyed or sold off for pennies on the dollar would be the same thing.

Offline HeliDriver

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #3255 on: June 22, 2022, 04:53:56 pm »

Uhh yeah, they are criminals and degens. These are the idiots you see riding in groups of 100s disrupting traffic and attacking anyone that they run to when doing a wheelie through traffic. Seeing their bikes destroyed or sold off for pennies on the dollar would be the same thing.

I think if you want to crack down on that behavior, a big PR blitz part of the solution. Sure, take the bikes off the road, but also make sure everyone knows about it and knows you’re serious.

Yeah, the guy who loses his bike doesn’t care what happens to it afterwards. But the kid who was thinking about getting a dirt bike to wheelie down the street might think twice about it now.

Offline ktm525

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +117/-442
  • Just walk away!
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Land Rover LR4, Honda Ridgeline, Husqvarna FE501
« Reply #3256 on: June 22, 2022, 04:56:35 pm »

Offline rrocket

• View Profile
« Reply #3257 on: June 22, 2022, 05:08:36 pm »

I think if you want to crack down on that behavior, a big PR blitz part of the solution. Sure, take the bikes off the road, but also make sure everyone knows about it and knows you’re serious.

Yeah, the guy who loses his bike doesn’t care what happens to it afterwards. But the kid who was thinking about getting a dirt bike to wheelie down the street might think twice about it now.

Sell them.

Even to a bike breaker.

Then give the proceeds to some local charity.

PR photo op was more important I guess.

Offline Arthur Dent

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +186/-80
  • 42?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3258 on: June 22, 2022, 05:38:36 pm »

Used metric cruisers are such a good deal that it would be silly not to go that route.

Offline rrocket

• View Profile
« Reply #3259 on: June 22, 2022, 05:47:41 pm »

Used metric cruisers are such a good deal that it would be silly not to go that route.

Yep.

And if he has his heart set on Indian, tell him to get a used Kawasaki Drifter (particularly the 800, it punches way above its weight).

They even look like old school Indians.

800 on top, 1500 on bottom