Author Topic: The Motorcycling Thread  (Read 458686 times)

Offline Triple Bob

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +308/-574
  • Profesional Dash Stroker
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Tundra, GTI, Triumph Tiger, KTM, C63 AMG, FZ-09, Triumph Speed Triple, VW Golf Wagon TDI, BMW 535i, Honda CRF250L, Hyundai Genesis Coupe, Mitsubishi Outlander, Lotus Exige, Subaru Impreza, Peugeot 106, BMW Z4, Toyota MR2 MKIII, Ford Sierra Sapphire
Re: The Motorcycling Thread
« Reply #2620 on: February 28, 2021, 09:03:26 pm »

Now that's dedication.  :rofl2:

Choosing a car based on reliability is like choosing a wife based solely because she is punctual. There is more to it than that...

Offline rrocket

• Carma: +1254/-7212
    • View Profile
« Reply #2621 on: February 28, 2021, 09:26:39 pm »
Wonderful!
How fast is my 911?  Supras sh*t on on me all the time...in reverse..with blown turbos  :( ...

Offline Guy

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +481/-1202
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2021 Mustang Mach-E Premium, 2019 Volvo XC40 Momentum
« Reply #2622 on: March 01, 2021, 06:07:05 pm »
 :rofl2:

Offline rrocket

• View Profile

Offline bridgecity

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +126/-182
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2014 MDX; 2007 Tundra
« Reply #2624 on: March 02, 2021, 10:49:31 pm »
^Pretty sure the article below was posted on here before.

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/electrek.co/2020/09/04/honda-yamaha-kawasaki-suzuki-test-swappable-electric-motorcycle-batteries/amp/

The article isn’t that old, wonder what happened.
Quality is never an accident; it is always the result of high intention, sincere effort, intelligent direction, and skillful execution; it represents the wise choice of many alternatives.

Offline rrocket

• View Profile
« Reply #2625 on: March 02, 2021, 11:10:12 pm »
^Pretty sure the article below was posted on here before.

Probably by me!   :rofl: :rofl2:

Offline dirtyjeffer

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +296/-1312
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2021 Toyota Venza Limited, 2016 Kia Sorento EX AWD
« Reply #2626 on: March 03, 2021, 10:09:51 am »
i now see why Ron speaks so highly of the KTM 1290 Super Duke R...i found video footage of him on a test ride  ;D:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SaA3EBgUehQ
When you've lost the argument, admit defeat and hit the smite button.

Offline Bubba

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +382/-442
  • Vice President, Autos.ca Arizona Operations
    • View Profile
    • My photo site
  • Cars: 2013 Toyota Corolla LE
« Reply #2627 on: March 03, 2021, 11:50:33 am »
i now see why Ron speaks so highly of the KTM 1290 Super Duke R...i found video footage of him on a test ride  ;D:

:rofl2:
My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government. - Thomas Jefferson

Online Fobroader

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1424/-2121
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2020 Toyota Tundra, 2021 Lexus GX460, 2018 Kawasaki Versys X300
« Reply #2628 on: March 03, 2021, 12:14:12 pm »

Damn thats impressive....nice work "Ron"  ;D
Lighten up Francis.....

Offline rrocket

• View Profile
« Reply #2629 on: March 03, 2021, 03:18:14 pm »
Ha! Funny!

But am not that good anymore I don't think.

I used to do slow rolling burnouts and such on 90s sportbikes (which wasn't easy). And I can still back it in solo or 2 up (on the right bike). Wheelies and stoppies were a normal occurrence too.

I'm pretty sure I could probably learn to do the stuff in that video, but would take practice which would involve falling down. Lots.

And I'm near 50 and just don't have it in me to pick myself off the pavement multiple times!

If you want to see bike control, check out some motorcycle gymkhana videos. It's a bit like autocross but for bikes. But a bit more technical. It's bananas.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2021, 03:20:32 pm by rrocket »

Offline dirtyjeffer

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #2630 on: March 03, 2021, 04:10:09 pm »
Ha! Funny!

I used to do slow rolling burnouts and such on 90s sportbikes (which wasn't easy). And I can still back it in solo or 2 up (on the right bike). Wheelies and stoppies were a normal occurrence too.

I'm pretty sure I could probably learn to do the stuff in that video, but would take practice which would involve falling down. Lots.

And I'm near 50 and just don't have it in me to pick myself off the pavement multiple times!

If you want to see bike control, check out some motorcycle gymkhana videos. It's a bit like autocross but for bikes. But a bit more technical. It's bananas.
i figured you'd get a kick out of it...interestingly enough, the front wheel doesn't lift...instead, it just spins the rear end...it's got so much power, it simply breaks loose rather than lift the front (although, i'm sure you could lift the front if driven purposefully).

Offline rrocket

• View Profile
« Reply #2631 on: March 03, 2021, 04:52:49 pm »
Ha! Funny!

i figured you'd get a kick out of it...interestingly enough, the front wheel doesn't lift...instead, it just spins the rear end...it's got so much power, it simply breaks loose rather than lift the front (although, i'm sure you could lift the front if driven purposefully).

Having 100+lb/ft of torque will do that!!   ;D

Offline dkaz

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +289/-389
  • Flip flop
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 12 Mazda 5 GT 6MT
« Reply #2632 on: March 03, 2021, 04:56:37 pm »
I managed to make the rear wheel on my R3 spin once.

Turns out the road was icy. How about that.  :o :run:

Offline dirtyjeffer

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #2633 on: March 03, 2021, 05:08:56 pm »
Ha! Funny!

Having 100+lb/ft of torque will do that!!   ;D
yea, that thing is a monster...LOL.

Offline Triple Bob

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Tundra, GTI, Triumph Tiger, KTM, C63 AMG, FZ-09, Triumph Speed Triple, VW Golf Wagon TDI, BMW 535i, Honda CRF250L, Hyundai Genesis Coupe, Mitsubishi Outlander, Lotus Exige, Subaru Impreza, Peugeot 106, BMW Z4, Toyota MR2 MKIII, Ford Sierra Sapphire
« Reply #2634 on: March 07, 2021, 04:48:58 pm »
Changed the tires on both dirt bikes today. I got a new front (Bridgestone Battlecross X30), and I'm putting my lightly worn one on Elliot's bike. His front was old and cracking. Both rears are fine.

Also installed new brake shoes on his bike, as he didn't have a functioning rear brake at all last year. What a difference this will make.

Offline rrocket

• View Profile
« Reply #2635 on: March 07, 2021, 05:00:19 pm »

Also installed new brake shoes on his bike, as he didn't have a functioning rear brake at all last year. What a difference this will make.

No kidding!

I'd be fine with no rear brake on the street..but definitely not in the dirt!

Offline Triple Bob

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #2636 on: March 07, 2021, 05:06:47 pm »

No kidding!

He didn't do badly in his first year, with a bike that was too heavy for him, a worn front tire, and no back brake.  :rofl2: Poor kid.

Offline rrocket

• View Profile
« Reply #2637 on: March 07, 2021, 05:23:26 pm »

No kidding!

He didn't do badly in his first year, with a bike that was too heavy for him, a worn front tire, and no back brake.  :rofl2: Poor kid.
He might be faster than the old man with a proper, working bike, eh? :)

Offline Triple Bob

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #2638 on: March 07, 2021, 10:06:10 pm »

No kidding!

He might be faster than the old man with a proper, working bike, eh? :)

One day, hopefully.

Offline dkaz

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +289/-389
  • Flip flop
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 12 Mazda 5 GT 6MT
The Motorcycling Thread
« Reply #2639 on: March 08, 2021, 12:26:30 pm »
Police called to tell me my bike was vandalized Friday afternoon. It was found on its side. This was at the Jasper Ave motorcycle parking zone so someone had the guts to do this on a very busy street. Dropped on both sides. Windshield destroyed. License plate ripped off and recovered nearby.