Author Topic: The Cell Phone Thread  (Read 111446 times)

Offline Dante

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +33/-97
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2016 VW GTI DSG, 2011 BMW 328i xDrive 6MT, 2007 Mitsubishi Outlander
Re: The Cell Phone Thread
« Reply #220 on: October 22, 2018, 11:15:30 pm »
I find them still attractive design wise and somewhat unique. I was at Best Buy tonight looking at phones but I still want a BlackBerry Motion. The prospect of  a battery to last well over a full day of heavy usage is compelling too.

Offline Brig

• Brig
  • Carma: +396/-1400
  • Class Clown, Moderatrix and Resident Hag
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2016 Mazda CX-3 GS AWD
« Reply #221 on: October 23, 2018, 07:14:58 am »
I know it might be a rhetorical question but is there any Blackberry user still around here (other than me of course)?

I have a Key2!

Offline Brig

• Brig
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: October 23, 2018, 07:15:29 am »
This is actually pretty good for a certain type of user.
https://blackberrymobile.com/product/blackberry-key2/

That's the one!

Offline Ex-airbalancer

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +729/-1584
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2011 Silverado 1500 LTZ ext ended cab , 2013 Lexus RX-350 F Sport
« Reply #223 on: October 23, 2018, 07:43:15 am »
Military still uses Blackberry

Offline Dante

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +33/-97
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2016 VW GTI DSG, 2011 BMW 328i xDrive 6MT, 2007 Mitsubishi Outlander
« Reply #224 on: October 23, 2018, 08:21:30 am »

That's the one!

That's a nicely built phone too. Personal or work phone?

Offline Brig

• Brig
    • View Profile
« Reply #225 on: October 23, 2018, 12:52:56 pm »

That's the one!

That's a nicely built phone too. Personal or work phone?

Personal. I really missed having a physical keyboard.

Offline Weels

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +253/-259
  • This is my happy face
    • View Profile
  • Cars: The 5's: 2023 Mazda CX-5, 2016 Mazda MX-5
« Reply #226 on: October 23, 2018, 01:19:36 pm »
I believe you have my stapler.

Guy beside me has it.

Offline Great_Big_Abyss

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +270/-457
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2019 Mazda CX-5
« Reply #227 on: October 25, 2018, 02:38:32 pm »
I also have one.  I ordered it because of the movie!!

Offline Amilihan

• Learner's Permit
  • Carma: +0/-1
    • View Profile
  • Cars: BMW
« Reply #228 on: October 28, 2018, 12:22:11 pm »
What do you think about the latest MIUI version? On my phone, it works amazingly awful and I am pretty mad about that.

ltruong

« Reply #229 on: October 28, 2018, 12:44:42 pm »
What do you think about the latest MIUI version? On my phone, it works amazingly awful and I am pretty mad about that.
what is Miui??

Ive had a iPhone 6( maybe S dunno) and im disappointed l. The battery is crap and the photo quality are primitive compared to my wife galaxy 6..... by a mile.  I really like the IOS system but willing to look at other ones. I always had apple phones.
My contract is due ne next month and im considering a Huawei P20 pro..  just because of the camera performance l. I need to take a lot of construction pics and i feel like the iPhone is not good enough “.

Offline CanuckS2K

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +398/-316
    • View Profile
    • Prestige Auto Detail
  • Cars: 1991 Toyota MR2 Turbo, 2005 Honda S2000, 2014 Infiniti Q50S, 2017 Ford F-150 Lariat
« Reply #230 on: October 28, 2018, 12:47:28 pm »
what is Miui??

Ive had a iPhone 6( maybe S dunno) and im disappointed l. The battery is crap and the photo quality are primitive compared to my wife galaxy 6..... by a mile.  I really like the IOS system but willing to look at other ones. I always had apple phones.
My contract is due ne next month and im considering a Huawei P20 pro..  just because of the camera performance l. I need to take a lot of construction pics and i feel like the iPhone is not good enough “.

^ Check out the Pixel as well, the camera on it is amazing. 
Owner - Prestige Auto Detailing & Hammond River Brewing

Offline HeliDriver

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +176/-235
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2023 Crosstrek Sport 6MT; 2011 Yukon XL 2500
« Reply #231 on: October 28, 2018, 01:03:20 pm »
what is Miui??

I’ve got a 6S & my wife has an XS. The picture quality on the XS is a massive improvement. Pretty much the best out there currently, from what I’ve read.

And yeah, what’s up with the battery life on the 6? I got a new battery in the spring, and it’s still complete crap.

ltruong

« Reply #232 on: October 28, 2018, 01:06:21 pm »
what is Miui??

I’ve got a 6S & my wife has an XS. The picture quality on the XS is a massive improvement. Pretty much the best out there currently, from what I’ve read.

And yeah, what’s up with the battery life on the 6? I got a new battery in the spring, and it’s still complete crap.

I bought a battery pack case that holds like 270% but still a pain. I had my battery replaced about 6 months ago and that was a waste of $$

I don’t really want to spend too much on the phone...

Offline Ex-airbalancer

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: October 28, 2018, 01:27:10 pm »
what is Miui??

You can get a new battery from Apple for $35 , the new battery been great in our phones
I have not found a problem with an iPhone with taking pictures for construction purposes

Offline HeliDriver

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: October 28, 2018, 01:36:44 pm »
^^ He said he had the battery replaced six months ago. Same as me.

I didn’t notice any difference at all. Still only get 4 hours of screen time on a full charge, and I’ve played with all the settings to maximize battery life. Screen brightness is at like 5%.  :P

Offline CanuckS2K

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +398/-316
    • View Profile
    • Prestige Auto Detail
  • Cars: 1991 Toyota MR2 Turbo, 2005 Honda S2000, 2014 Infiniti Q50S, 2017 Ford F-150 Lariat
« Reply #235 on: October 28, 2018, 01:43:44 pm »
^ Holy, four hours on a full charge is pretty sad.  Was it like that when brand new as well?

Offline HeliDriver

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: October 28, 2018, 01:47:35 pm »
^ I don’t think so, but Apple didn’t have the screen time feature to spell it out, so hard to say for sure.

Offline Ex-airbalancer

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: October 28, 2018, 02:00:01 pm »
^^ He said he had the battery replaced six months ago. Same as me.

I didn’t notice any difference at all. Still only get 4 hours of screen time on a full charge, and I’ve played with all the settings to maximize battery life. Screen brightness is at like 5%.  :P
We have noticed a huge difference
It last all day now with out a charge

ltruong

« Reply #238 on: October 28, 2018, 02:13:26 pm »
what is Miui??

You can get a new battery from Apple for $35 , the new battery been great in our phones
I have not found a problem with an iPhone with taking pictures for construction purposes
Cant really crop or zoom on a iphone6 l... The shutter is slow..etc. When i changed the battery, it was okay for couple weeks but went back to what it was.

Even if i get an older used galaxy..
« Last Edit: October 28, 2018, 02:23:23 pm by wongpong »

Offline Ex-airbalancer

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: October 28, 2018, 02:58:04 pm »
what is Miui??

Cant really crop or zoom on a iphone6 l... The shutter is slow..etc. When i changed the battery, it was okay for couple weeks but went back to what it was.

Even if i get an older used galaxy..

Really only a couple of weeks :o
 we only got ours change Oct 4th