Author Topic: Rev's ongoing buy/sell thread  (Read 188621 times)

Offline Scaerio

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +193/-127
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2013 Volvo C30 T5; all my exes: 2005 Suzuki Aerio SE, '02 Renault Clio, '93 Volvo 850 GLT, '78 MB W-123 230
Re: Rev's ongoing buy/sell thread
« Reply #880 on: July 19, 2021, 10:24:13 pm »
This one is a 2001 F150 SVT lightning.

That's quite the wild find! You and Mr. Dent never fail to amuse and amaze.
I'd rather be car-poor than house-poor...

Offline Gurgie

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +308/-518
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2019 Honda Passport Touring
« Reply #881 on: July 19, 2021, 11:38:32 pm »
This one is a 2001 F150 SVT lightning. This most definitely is NOT to my taste, but it’s still rare and…..unique. It was a feature truck in Ford truck magazine when it was new. Has the supercharged 5.4 that made 360 hp. It would get solidly spanked by any new bone stock F150 with a 3.5 ecoboost, but she was king of the pickup truck hill back in its day. Needs a nickname, I’m thinking Johnny Lightning.

I think these trucks if kept stock will be future collectables.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
https://youtu.be/qYBqJHTzLuM

Sent from my SM-G970W using Tapatalk

You live everyday. You only die once....

Offline revalations

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +101/-329
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Chrysler Lebaron
« Reply #882 on: July 19, 2021, 11:54:37 pm »
Thanks for the video! He got lucky with that rad cap, mine had head gaskets replaced…wonder if he just needed a rad cap lol. I really like these trucks stock and clean.

Offline Bubba

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +382/-442
  • Vice President, Autos.ca Arizona Operations
    • View Profile
    • My photo site
  • Cars: 2013 Toyota Corolla LE
« Reply #883 on: July 20, 2021, 10:47:13 am »
This one is a 2001 F150 SVT lightning. This most definitely is NOT to my taste, but it’s still rare and…..unique. It was a feature truck in Ford truck magazine when it was new. Has the supercharged 5.4 that made 360 hp. It would get solidly spanked by any new bone stock F150 with a 3.5 ecoboost, but she was king of the pickup truck hill back in its day. Needs a nickname, I’m thinking Johnny Lightning.

I think these trucks if kept stock will be future collectables.

I had a look at BaT's auction results for the Lightning.  No sales over $40k, with the bulk in the $20k to $25k area.

Cool truck.
My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government. - Thomas Jefferson

Offline Fobroader

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1424/-2121
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2020 Toyota Tundra, 2021 Lexus GX460, 2018 Kawasaki Versys X300
« Reply #884 on: July 20, 2021, 10:56:43 am »
That Lightning, jesus, between the horrible flames, the chrome wheels and the spoiler, the previous owner did all he could to ensure that it will sell for bottom dollar.
Lighten up Francis.....

Offline BWII

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +188/-376
    • View Profile
« Reply #885 on: July 20, 2021, 02:32:50 pm »
And if I had bottom dollar, I'd give it to him!  ;D  Def lose the wheels and spoiler, but I'd keep the flames 'cause I know how much my wife and kid hate them. Would be just me and the dog.

Offline revalations

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #886 on: July 20, 2021, 03:39:54 pm »
That Lightning, jesus, between the horrible flames, the chrome wheels and the spoiler, the previous owner did all he could to ensure that it will sell for bottom dollar.
Thankfully the stock wheels came with. I agree though, I’ve never liked flame paint jobs on anything ever and never will. The mods which may have been cool 18 years ago, won’t help its value today. Meh, the right guy will probably fall in love with it. There’s a ass for every seat!

Offline Fobroader

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #887 on: July 20, 2021, 03:45:46 pm »
Thankfully the stock wheels came with. I agree though, I’ve never liked flame paint jobs on anything ever and never will. The mods which may have been cool 18 years ago, won’t help its value today. Meh, the right guy will probably fall in love with it. There’s a ass for every seat!

If going to car shows has taught me anything, its that theres an older guy out there with flames on his PT Cruiser that will sell his soul to get his ass into this thing lol. Yeah, I agree, the only flames on a car, should come out of the exhaust

Offline Arthur Dent

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +186/-80
  • 42?
    • View Profile
« Reply #888 on: July 20, 2021, 03:46:55 pm »
The flames at least look well done.

Offline revalations

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #889 on: July 20, 2021, 04:08:33 pm »
Extremely well done. Certainly no amateur job. They carry on into the hood lip and fenders. I’ll get some better pics.

Really, with a modern (or factory) set of wheels, ditch the tonneau/spoiler, and the Chrome gas door, it would help it immensely. A full body wrap is also a option here.

Offline Fobroader

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #890 on: July 20, 2021, 04:13:45 pm »
Extremely well done. Certainly no amateur job. They carry on into the hood lip and fenders. I’ll get some better pics.

Really, with a modern (or factory) set of wheels, ditch the tonneau/spoiler, and the Chrome gas door, it would help it immensely. A full body wrap is also a option here.

I think wrapping would be the way to go because a full repaint to get rid of those thing, no matter how well done they are, would be a lot of dough.

Offline BWII

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #891 on: July 26, 2021, 08:42:04 am »

If going to car shows has taught me anything, its that there's an older guy out there with flames on his PT Cruiser that will sell his soul to get his ass into this thing lol. Yeah, I agree, the only flames on a car, should come out of the exhaust

Uhm...HELLOO!!  Duh!  I have an ass!  I like flames (preferably on say a '34 Ford or '50 Merc...but beggars can't be choosers  ;D)...you take a near mint Fusion Sport in trade?   ;D  Straight up?  ;D
Does it come with winter tires??  ???

Offline revalations

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #892 on: July 26, 2021, 05:40:37 pm »

If going to car shows has taught me anything, its that there's an older guy out there with flames on his PT Cruiser that will sell his soul to get his ass into this thing lol. Yeah, I agree, the only flames on a car, should come out of the exhaust

Uhm...HELLOO!!  Duh!  I have an ass!  I like flames (preferably on say a '34 Ford or '50 Merc...but beggars can't be choosers  ;D)...you take a near mint Fusion Sport in trade?   ;D  Straight up?  ;D
Give ya a heck of a deal on it lol. I’ll throw in the stock wheels for winter even, what a ride that would be in Manitoba after a snowstorm. They really did a great job on the flames…bet it wasn’t cheap$$$.

Offline Ex-airbalancer

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +729/-1584
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2011 Silverado 1500 LTZ ext ended cab , 2013 Lexus RX-350 F Sport
« Reply #893 on: July 26, 2021, 05:44:25 pm »

Give ya a heck of a deal on it lol. I’ll throw in the stock wheels for winter even, what a ride that would be in Manitoba after a snowstorm. They really did a great job on the flames…bet it wasn’t cheap$$$.

But but but it is a Ford  ::)

The only Ford I would look at is the F-150 lightening  ;D

Offline BWII

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #894 on: July 27, 2021, 08:48:26 am »
I've got my vax card...still have 5 weeks of vacation to burn (probably more like 7) and it's looking like I'll only have to go in to the office once a week instead of 5 days...so fack winter storms!  I've got that other truck for those days...and the Sonic.  I'd probably only put 5,000k a year on it or less...

You should post more pictures...you know...just so I can be the old guy who drools on my keyboard.  ;D

If only life were that simple.  8)

Offline revalations

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #895 on: July 31, 2021, 07:41:50 pm »
Here ya go BW

Offline revalations

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #896 on: July 31, 2021, 07:46:51 pm »
And I’ve never had a supercharged Ford of any sort. Now I’ve 2 of them lol. Couldn’t resist this XR7…..guys wife slid off the road in the winter and did light damage to the left front. Sat in the yard for years and he finally got sick of it. They only made the S/C XR7 for two model years.

Offline revalations

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
Rev's ongoing buy/sell thread
« Reply #897 on: July 31, 2021, 07:49:40 pm »
Might fix might not. My uncle has a very low mileage T-bird super coupe that needs a complete wiring harness thanks to mice. Either way, it’ll be put to use somehow. Cougar parts are extremely hard to find.

Offline Firm

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +232/-1072
  • Urban Hick
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2010 XKR, 2007 DTS, 2006 Escalade, 2000 Sonoma ZQ8,1996 Firebird, 1996 Firebird Formula, 1985 Trans Am, 1984 Camaro, 1978 MGB x2
« Reply #898 on: July 31, 2021, 10:19:56 pm »
I like both! That XR-7 is super rare, I'd try hard to find some parts to fix it before parting it. When I was maybe 7-8 years old we briefly had a family move in next to us from somewhere in rural Texas. The mom drove one of these S/C XR-7's in black, I thought it was pretty sweet at the time. She also drove like a maniac and none of them ever wore seatbelts, I suspect the traffic laws were pretty lax in Texas in the mid-90's.

Offline Bubba

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +382/-442
  • Vice President, Autos.ca Arizona Operations
    • View Profile
    • My photo site
  • Cars: 2013 Toyota Corolla LE
« Reply #899 on: July 31, 2021, 11:29:00 pm »
And I’ve never had a supercharged Ford of any sort. Now I’ve 2 of them lol. Couldn’t resist this XR7…..guys wife slid off the road in the winter and did light damage to the left front. Sat in the yard for years and he finally got sick of it. They only made the S/C XR7 for two model years.

Cool find!