Author Topic: Rev's ongoing buy/sell thread  (Read 188747 times)

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1254/-7210
    • View Profile
Re: Rev's ongoing buy/sell thread
« Reply #700 on: March 03, 2021, 07:12:42 pm »
Oh boy, Wife is going through some ancient SD cards she found. I’ll post a few that I owned eons ago.

This was a 1988 Dodge Lancer. Was a 2.5 Turbo with a 5 speed. My bro in law helped me “tune” it to up the boost. It worked, that car would move. Lasted about a month before the HG blew.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LOL.....pulled the wastegate hose, eh?   :rofl: :rofl2:
How fast is my 911?  Supras sh*t on on me all the time...in reverse..with blown turbos  :( ...

Offline revalations

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +101/-329
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Chrysler Lebaron
« Reply #701 on: March 03, 2021, 07:15:03 pm »
The first halfway nice car I bought my wife after we got married. 1991 Pontiac Bonneville SSE. I loved that car. Served us well through the years.

Offline revalations

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #702 on: March 03, 2021, 07:16:46 pm »
Oh boy, Wife is going through some ancient SD cards she found. I’ll post a few that I owned eons ago.

This was a 1988 Dodge Lancer. Was a 2.5 Turbo with a 5 speed. My bro in law helped me “tune” it to up the boost. It worked, that car would move. Lasted about a month before the HG blew.

LOL.....pulled the wastegate hose, eh?   :rofl: :rofl2:
Grainger valve (acted as a boost fooler iirc) intercooler and a few other tidbits. Car actually went pretty darn good.

Offline Arthur Dent

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +186/-80
  • 42?
    • View Profile
« Reply #703 on: March 03, 2021, 07:18:14 pm »
Love the 1980 Coupe Deville!

Offline quadzilla

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +391/-634
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2022 Rock'n Rolla Nightstalker
« Reply #704 on: March 03, 2021, 07:46:26 pm »
The first halfway nice car I bought my wife after we got married. 1991 Pontiac Bonneville SSE. I loved that car. Served us well through the years.

I always thought the dash looked like you were in a small plane.

Offline PJungnitsch

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +170/-337
    • View Profile
    • Travel in Africa
  • Cars: Subaru Crosstrek, Lexus RX350, Evolve Carbon, Biktrix Juggernaut, Yamaha TW200
« Reply #705 on: March 03, 2021, 07:53:48 pm »
1985 K5 Blazer.

My brother had a Chevy pickup of that era with tires like that. Felt (and sounded) like you were driving an earthmover

Offline Ex-airbalancer

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +729/-1584
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2011 Silverado 1500 LTZ ext ended cab , 2013 Lexus RX-350 F Sport
« Reply #706 on: March 03, 2021, 08:12:31 pm »

That was a very nice car in the early’90’s

Offline Scaerio

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +193/-127
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2013 Volvo C30 T5; all my exes: 2005 Suzuki Aerio SE, '02 Renault Clio, '93 Volvo 850 GLT, '78 MB W-123 230
« Reply #707 on: March 03, 2021, 08:21:12 pm »
I always like those Bonnevilles.
I'd rather be car-poor than house-poor...

Offline dirtyjeffer

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +296/-1312
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2021 Toyota Venza Limited, 2016 Kia Sorento EX AWD
« Reply #708 on: March 03, 2021, 10:55:42 pm »
My dad had an SSEi at one point.
my buddy's dad had one of those too (the supercharged one?)...he also had a DeLorean.
When you've lost the argument, admit defeat and hit the smite button.

Offline Triple Bob

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +308/-574
  • Profesional Dash Stroker
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Tundra, GTI, Triumph Tiger, KTM, C63 AMG, FZ-09, Triumph Speed Triple, VW Golf Wagon TDI, BMW 535i, Honda CRF250L, Hyundai Genesis Coupe, Mitsubishi Outlander, Lotus Exige, Subaru Impreza, Peugeot 106, BMW Z4, Toyota MR2 MKIII, Ford Sierra Sapphire
« Reply #709 on: March 03, 2021, 10:59:02 pm »
my buddy's dad had one of those too (the supercharged one?)...he also had a DeLorean.

I'd love a DeLorean with an LS swap in it.

Choosing a car based on reliability is like choosing a wife based solely because she is punctual. There is more to it than that...

Offline dirtyjeffer

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #710 on: March 03, 2021, 11:19:32 pm »

i remember after his dad got it and i asked him "how awesome was it", and it was kind of that "don't drive your dream car" thing...he said it looked great, but it wasn't really that fast or anything...it only had 130 HP engine and weighed 2700 lbs...REALLY needs an LS swap to match the looks.  ;D

Offline Triple Bob

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +308/-574
  • Profesional Dash Stroker
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Tundra, GTI, Triumph Tiger, KTM, C63 AMG, FZ-09, Triumph Speed Triple, VW Golf Wagon TDI, BMW 535i, Honda CRF250L, Hyundai Genesis Coupe, Mitsubishi Outlander, Lotus Exige, Subaru Impreza, Peugeot 106, BMW Z4, Toyota MR2 MKIII, Ford Sierra Sapphire
« Reply #711 on: March 03, 2021, 11:43:45 pm »

i remember after his dad got it and i asked him "how awesome was it", and it was kind of that "don't drive your dream car" thing...he said it looked great, but it wasn't really that fast or anything...it only had 130 HP engine and weighed 2700 lbs...REALLY needs an LS swap to match the looks.  ;D

I followed one after the Oakville car show, it went up the steep hill on appleby line, nearly didn't make it up the hill!  :rofl2:

Offline dirtyjeffer

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #712 on: March 04, 2021, 12:07:07 am »

I followed one after the Oakville car show, it went up the steep hill on appleby line, nearly didn't make it up the hill!  :rofl2:
yea...he said it was kind of disappointing because he was really excited when his dad bought it, but after being in it, it was kind "meh"...i mean, it's still cool, it's just kind of disappointing how fast it looks, but slow it is.

Offline revalations

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #713 on: March 04, 2021, 06:31:40 pm »
Loved the ssei’s too. Had one, engine went kaboom. Maybe my wife will find a pic lol.

This was a black on black 95 STS I had. Originally belonged to a member of the Calgary flames. Can’t recall his name though. I bought it off his bro in law needing a new transmission. Turned out to be only a bad solenoid (still required half the trans to come apart though).

Offline Ex-airbalancer

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +729/-1584
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2011 Silverado 1500 LTZ ext ended cab , 2013 Lexus RX-350 F Sport
« Reply #714 on: March 04, 2021, 06:53:59 pm »
Loved the ssei’s too. Had one, engine went kaboom. Maybe my wife will find a pic lol.

This was a black on black 95 STS I had. Originally belonged to a member of the Calgary flames. Can’t recall his name though. I bought it off his bro in law needing a new transmission. Turned out to be only a bad solenoid (still required half the trans to come apart though).

I had a ‘99 STS great hiway car

Offline revalations

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #715 on: March 05, 2021, 01:54:41 pm »
Bought this 95 Pathfinder from a co-worker. He inherited it from his uncle. Was a 5 speed with the 3.0 V6. He lived in Cochrane, a town outside Calgary. Its in a valley and has a looonnngggg steep hill (cyclists dream) to leave town and get to the city. He cursed this thing and how it wouldn’t get past 75 km/h climbing. I paid him $3000 for it. Truck had around 130k on it and was very nice. Wish I had this one back.

Offline Firm

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +232/-1072
  • Urban Hick
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2010 XKR, 2007 DTS, 2006 Escalade, 2000 Sonoma ZQ8,1996 Firebird, 1996 Firebird Formula, 1985 Trans Am, 1984 Camaro, 1978 MGB x2
« Reply #716 on: March 05, 2021, 02:41:42 pm »

Lovely. Those rims were 95 only and were the best rims to come on that generation STS IMO. I've posted this (and pics at some point), but my parents had a 95 in Forest Green on 'Mushroom'....Bought it nearly new (it was the demo used by the dealership owners wife for a few months). They actually still have it, but it's been off the road for a couple years, sitting in the back of the garage. Perfectly presentable and roadworthy still, they just wanted something different and got the Quattroporte, but didn't get rid of the STS...It's a miracle car that somehow still has the original headgaskets with something like 315K of Toronto commuting on it....

Offline revalations

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #717 on: March 05, 2021, 02:51:09 pm »

Lovely. Those rims were 95 only and were the best rims to come on that generation STS IMO. I've posted this (and pics at some point), but my parents had a 95 in Forest Green on 'Mushroom'....Bought it nearly new (it was the demo used by the dealership owners wife for a few months). They actually still have it, but it's been off the road for a couple years, sitting in the back of the garage. Perfectly presentable and roadworthy still, they just wanted something different and got the Quattroporte, but didn't get rid of the STS...It's a miracle car that somehow still has the original headgaskets with something like 315K of Toronto commuting on it....

My Aunt and Uncle had a 94 STS up until just a few years ago. It too had well over 300,000 km on it. It leaked oil, the drip was growing so they decided to let it go. The famous half case leak (big $$ to fix). It was 15 yr old me that suggested to my Uncle to check out the STS when he was shopping for a luxury car. They had it only a few weeks when the little resistance chip on the key somehow got jammed up in the ignition, left them stranded at a hockey game in -15 weather unable to start the car. He was furious and figured for sure that he got sucked into buying another domestic lemon. Was largely a trouble free car after that, they were well pleased with it through the years. I really like that style of STS, they turn my head to this day.

Offline Firm

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +232/-1072
  • Urban Hick
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2010 XKR, 2007 DTS, 2006 Escalade, 2000 Sonoma ZQ8,1996 Firebird, 1996 Firebird Formula, 1985 Trans Am, 1984 Camaro, 1978 MGB x2
« Reply #718 on: March 05, 2021, 03:04:00 pm »

My Aunt and Uncle had a 94 STS up until just a few years ago. It too had well over 300,000 km on it. It leaked oil, the drip was growing so they decided to let it go. The famous half case leak (big $$ to fix). It was 15 yr old me that suggested to my Uncle to check out the STS when he was shopping for a luxury car. They had it only a few weeks when the little resistance chip on the key somehow got jammed up in the ignition, left them stranded at a hockey game in -15 weather unable to start the car. He was furious and figured for sure that he got sucked into buying another domestic lemon. Was largely a trouble free car after that, they were well pleased with it through the years. I really like that style of STS, they turn my head to this day.

Our was pretty good too. It does also have the half-case oil leak, meh, not unusual in a household of British Cars, it fit in. My dad did rebuild the rear suspension/air leveling system at one point, I also remember an overhaul on the A/C system, a suspension bits up front, and all of the steel brake lines. No major component failures though. He was having issues getting parts towards the end of it's tenure as a DD....I remember some metal coolant line that goes to the heater core ruptured, it was nearly impossible to access it at the back of the engine, and the part was unavailable everywhere. Ended up fabricating something to make it work.

Offline PJungnitsch

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +170/-337
    • View Profile
    • Travel in Africa
  • Cars: Subaru Crosstrek, Lexus RX350, Evolve Carbon, Biktrix Juggernaut, Yamaha TW200
« Reply #719 on: March 05, 2021, 03:22:27 pm »
Heh, was reading up on the Porsche Cayenne Turbo, there's an area at the back of the engine where plastic water pipes break one youtuber called the 'Devil's taint'. Can only get to it with cable operated pliers and luck