Author Topic: Rev's ongoing buy/sell thread  (Read 188928 times)

Offline Ex-airbalancer

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +729/-1584
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2011 Silverado 1500 LTZ ext ended cab , 2013 Lexus RX-350 F Sport
Re: Rev's ongoing buy/sell thread
« Reply #360 on: August 24, 2019, 08:17:14 am »
 :cheers:

Offline bridgecity

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +126/-182
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2014 MDX; 2007 Tundra
« Reply #361 on: August 24, 2019, 08:42:17 am »
Nice. My parents have a mint ‘94. Oddly enough it’s there second one.
Quality is never an accident; it is always the result of high intention, sincere effort, intelligent direction, and skillful execution; it represents the wise choice of many alternatives.

Online Firm

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +232/-1072
  • Urban Hick
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2010 XKR, 2007 DTS, 2006 Escalade, 2000 Sonoma ZQ8,1996 Firebird, 1996 Firebird Formula, 1985 Trans Am, 1984 Camaro, 1978 MGB x2
« Reply #362 on: August 24, 2019, 09:49:52 pm »
Wow, this is awesome. I love how this went from buying a relatively boring new-ish Genesis to a 25 year old boat. I bet this thing just glides down the highway in a way that would put most modern sedans to shame. These were seriously rebuilt cars, so it should last you awhile once you get it sorted.

How's the Yukon from the previous page holding up?

Offline revalations

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +101/-329
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Chrysler Lebaron
« Reply #363 on: August 25, 2019, 12:27:15 am »
Wow, this is awesome. I love how this went from buying a relatively boring new-ish Genesis to a 25 year old boat. I bet this thing just glides down the highway in a way that would put most modern sedans to shame. These were seriously rebuilt cars, so it should last you awhile once you get it sorted.

How's the Yukon from the previous page holding up?

If anytime one desires a serene driving experience you need to find one of these boats. Glides down the road is an understatement, as a kid I would on occasion watch the Care Bears, they had a cloud car, this is exactly what I imagined their car drove like. I was thrilled to discover the two missing rub strips in the trunk today!

The Yukon was/is fine, been replaced already by a 2011 Suburban lol. I got it all sorted out, new front end/brakes/shocks/full detail/full service and pretty much perfect and was completely happy to keep for the long haul. Then i get a call, a good friend of the family's Yukon failed, its apparently been using oil for quite some time and she must have let it go too low. Her Husband passed away this past winter and she was really stuck without a family rig with 5 kids. The Yukon was the only rig at my disposal, she got a great truck and hope it treats her well for many years.

On the flip side we enjoy the Burb, I'll post a few pics of it. I already got a tuner and disabled that awful AFM crap. Doesn't ride as smooth as the older model and according to my Wife "feels bulky". It does steer nicer and has a bit more jump thanks in part to the 6 speed auto.

Offline Scaerio

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +193/-127
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2013 Volvo C30 T5; all my exes: 2005 Suzuki Aerio SE, '02 Renault Clio, '93 Volvo 850 GLT, '78 MB W-123 230
« Reply #364 on: August 25, 2019, 12:59:40 am »
as a kid I would on occasion watch the Care Bears

Now this is a guy who is totally secure in his masculinity.  ;D
I'd rather be car-poor than house-poor...

Offline dirtyjeffer

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +296/-1312
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2021 Toyota Venza Limited, 2016 Kia Sorento EX AWD
« Reply #365 on: August 25, 2019, 09:56:21 am »
as a kid I would on occasion watch the Care Bears

Now this is a guy who is totally secure in his masculinity.  ;D
as a little kid, i had a Care Bear...it was Funshine Bear as it was bright yellow with a Sun symbol on him...i was given it as a present (can't remember if it was Christmas or birthday)...looking back, i was likely a little old to get it (12), but i liked it when i got it.
When you've lost the argument, admit defeat and hit the smite button.

Offline Scaerio

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +193/-127
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2013 Volvo C30 T5; all my exes: 2005 Suzuki Aerio SE, '02 Renault Clio, '93 Volvo 850 GLT, '78 MB W-123 230
« Reply #366 on: August 25, 2019, 10:36:09 pm »
 :thumbup:

Offline whaddaiknow

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +185/-4812
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: August 27, 2019, 11:00:37 am »
If you’ve read this far I’m sure you’ve guessed it’s Domestic and a boat. Since I like GM’s this fits pretty well. It’s a 92 Roadmaster! The car has been extremely well looked after, body and interior in great shape. It’s the limited model, that includes the 16 way power seats and many other luxuries. It’s so isolated going down the road that it’s almost too quiet and smooth.

The big 350 moves it along adequately (unfortunately it’s not the Vette motor available from 94-on) and it shifts perfectly. At 120k it’s turning about 1900 rpm, so it should get decent fuel economy.

I’ll post more once I get it all cleaned up. Note the Uniroyal “nail guard” tires lol. It’ll be needing those replaced right away (they haven’t sold those since 2003). I can’t fault the mechanicals, I’d service it and drive to Florida without hesitation.

Awesome! I've always been partial to the Roadmaster/Caprice duo.
I drove one with a 5.7L moter once in Florida back in '94. I loved it then and still do now.

Offline revalations

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: August 31, 2019, 07:29:47 pm »
Been driving the Land yacht all weekend. Haven’t detailed the interior yet, but did a clay bar on the outside and reattached all the trim. Looking for new tires, finding out whitewalls are incredibly hard to source. It’s got to have them, wouldn’t look right without.

We’re planning a trip to Arizona this winter, think this is going to be the car we take. 140kph and it’s turning 2000 rpm in utter silence while floating down the road. Perfect road trip car if you ask me!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1254/-7210
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: August 31, 2019, 08:05:01 pm »
They make tire trim rings to make any tire a white wall. I saw some sticker ones and was standing level right in front of the tire and had no idea they were decals. That way you don't have to compromise on tire choice.

In that case, I'd get Pirelli P7 Plus all season...the best luxury tire on the market IMO. Car ride and quietness of the tire will blow your mind.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2019, 08:09:14 pm by rrocket »
How fast is my 911?  Supras sh*t on on me all the time...in reverse..with blown turbos  :( ...

Offline revalations

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: August 31, 2019, 08:42:53 pm »
They make tire trim rings to make any tire a white wall. I saw some sticker ones and was standing level right in front of the tire and had no idea they were decals. That way you don't have to compromise on tire choice.

In that case, I'd get Pirelli P7 Plus all season...the best luxury tire on the market IMO. Car ride and quietness of the tire will blow your mind.

Gee, thanks! Found some, called "portawalls" thats great cause now i can pick any tire I want. I'll check out the Pirellis. Funny enough, this car takes the same size tire as my great big old Suburban.

Offline revalations

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile

Offline blur911

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +244/-779
  • Nasty Weasel
    • View Profile
  • Cars: and bikes by age:BMW, Porsche, Subaru, Suzuki, Suzuki, Mazda, Jaguar, Kawasaki, Porsche, GMC, Suzuki
« Reply #372 on: August 31, 2019, 08:58:20 pm »

Whitewalls cause cancer, at least that's what the warnings on the white rubber we get in says. :-X

Stupid whitewalls, requires an additional screw on the extruder, making it a quadraplex.

Mr Pickypants

Offline revalations

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: August 31, 2019, 10:01:18 pm »

Turns out they don't make those Pirelli's in 15 inch, it's 16+.

Offline revalations

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: August 31, 2019, 10:04:07 pm »

Whitewalls cause cancer, at least that's what the warnings on the white rubber we get in says. :-X

Stupid whitewalls, requires an additional screw on the extruder, making it a quadraplex.

Must be a reason they're so expensive! The makers that make them still are very proud of them lol. Found out that Hankook makes a whitewall too, I can get them too through CARiD.

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #375 on: August 31, 2019, 10:06:45 pm »

Try the Vredestein Ultrac Pro.

Tire rack says these re write the luxury tire segment. Bold claim since the Pirellis are so good.

Am going to put them on my Lexus since the Pirellis don't come in my size.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2019, 10:11:16 pm by rrocket »

Offline revalations

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: August 31, 2019, 10:11:06 pm »

Tire rack says these re write the luxury tire segment. Bold claim since the Pirellis are so good.

17" and up.....don't blame them, what even takes 15 inch tires anymore? Even basic vehicles are 16+

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: August 31, 2019, 10:44:37 pm »

17" and up.....don't blame them, what even takes 15 inch tires anymore? Even basic vehicles are 16+
Try general altimax RT43

Offline revalations

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: September 01, 2019, 12:11:25 am »

Try general altimax RT43

They do 15's but the largest is a 225/60, mine are 235/70's

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: September 01, 2019, 12:24:14 am »

Try general altimax RT43

They do 15's but the largest is a 225/60, mine are 235/70's
Tire Rack shows that size...

In Canada, Quattro has em https://www.quattrotires.com/tires/general-altimax-rt43/28688

And Canadian Tire can get them
« Last Edit: September 01, 2019, 12:26:10 am by rrocket »