Author Topic: Rev's ongoing buy/sell thread  (Read 189024 times)

Online revalations

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +101/-329
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Chrysler Lebaron
Re: Rev's ongoing buy/sell thread
« Reply #200 on: August 24, 2018, 10:07:28 pm »
An odd one....I usually never get a crack at buying a late model Toyota through wholesale channels, this guy came to me through a guy that deals 100% in trucks and hardly ever has any SUV's. A 13 Highlander V6 AWD. Nice little unit, been driving it comparing to the 2011 Buick Enclave I got through the same source.

Offline Firm

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +232/-1072
  • Urban Hick
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2010 XKR, 2007 DTS, 2006 Escalade, 2000 Sonoma ZQ8,1996 Firebird, 1996 Firebird Formula, 1985 Trans Am, 1984 Camaro, 1978 MGB x2
« Reply #201 on: August 24, 2018, 10:46:47 pm »
Damnit, I saw this thread and thought it was going to be something cool.....A white late model Toyota  ::)

Those do drive nicely though, and you'll have no trouble moving it along.

Online revalations

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: August 24, 2018, 10:55:45 pm »
Damnit, I saw this thread and thought it was going to be something cool.....A white late model Toyota  ::)

Those do drive nicely though, and you'll have no trouble moving it along.

Yeah I've had to be really good lately and not buy anything that's going to be hard to sell. Too bad that most of the vehicles I like (passed up a mint 1984 Plymounth Voyager the other week) It's all been busniess for me....Silver pickups, white pickups, crew cabs, B.O.R.I.N.G!

Last few weeks I got the Enclave (boring) and this Highlander. Spices thing up ......a bit

Online Fobroader

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1424/-2121
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2020 Toyota Tundra, 2021 Lexus GX460, 2018 Kawasaki Versys X300
« Reply #203 on: August 24, 2018, 11:24:06 pm »
An odd one....I usually never get a crack at buying a late model Toyota through wholesale channels, this guy came to me through a guy that deals 100% in trucks and hardly ever has any SUV's. A 13 Highlander V6 AWD. Nice little unit, been driving it comparing to the 2011 Buick Enclave I got through the same source.

Yeah....most of your other stuff is interesting and unique....this is a glass of tepid water and an undercooked potato for dinner boring.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Lighten up Francis.....

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1254/-7211
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: August 24, 2018, 11:28:18 pm »

Yeah....most of your other stuff is interesting and unique....this is a glass of tepid water and an undercooked potato for dinner boring.

Come on...you can't eat prime rib every day!  :)
How fast is my 911?  Supras sh*t on on me all the time...in reverse..with blown turbos  :( ...

Online Fobroader

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: August 24, 2018, 11:30:30 pm »

Theres absolutely nothing wrong with it its just not as cool, ok not at all, as his other acquisitions.

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: August 24, 2018, 11:40:24 pm »

Theres absolutely nothing wrong with it its just not as cool, ok not at all, as his other acquisitions.

Oh I get it.

But I bet that frequently the uncool cars are the ones that pay the bills when he flips them.

Online Fobroader

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: August 25, 2018, 12:27:28 am »

Oh I get it.

But I bet that frequently the uncool cars are the ones that pay the bills when he flips them.
Absolutely....I mean most of the stuff he posts on here that I drool over would interest a slice of the consumer pie one would need an electron microscope to see. Me- "sweet merciful jesus, a 25 year old 2 door Tahoe AND a cherry XJ....mmmmmm"
The other 99% of the buying public- "mmmmm, lukewarm wallpaper paste white Toyota CUV lump".

Online revalations

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: August 25, 2018, 12:47:44 am »
Lol, sometimes the weird stuff makes money but not always. Just haven't posted anything in a long time, thought you'd all think I'd gone soft buying something like this. My Wife approved of this one, gunna sell to one of her FB friends lol.

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: August 25, 2018, 12:49:07 am »
Lol, sometimes the weird stuff makes money but not always. Just haven't posted anything in a long time, thought you'd all think I'd gone soft buying something like this. My Wife approved of this one, gunna sell to one of her FB friends lol.
As you point out, it's difficult sometimes to buy these vanilla cars...and that's largely because everyone wants these because they're easy to sell with decent mark up...yes?

Offline Ex-airbalancer

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +729/-1584
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2011 Silverado 1500 LTZ ext ended cab , 2013 Lexus RX-350 F Sport
« Reply #210 on: August 25, 2018, 08:35:25 am »
Can you tell us  the wholesale price ?

Offline Blueprint

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +170/-232
  • member since way back when
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2024 Mazda CX-90 GS-L PHEV, 2022 Subaru Crosstrek Limited, 1975 Triumph TR6
« Reply #211 on: August 27, 2018, 12:30:00 pm »
My latest has 550 Hp and two turbos.....any guesses??  ;D ;D

Some sort of AMG goodness???

Your ice cold son!

Commercial diesel truck?

Ding Ding! Damm...thought nobody would guess that so quick!

That SUV craze is getting ridiculous  ;D

Seriously, you're not allowed to park a thing like this in our residential neighborhoods!
Traffic engineer/project manager & part time auto journalist

Online revalations

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: August 27, 2018, 01:12:16 pm »

Trade in value/wholesale on this would be around $9,300. Cheapest 13 Highlander in Canada (that I could find) comes in at $16500. Auction results vary on these relative to options but they hold their value very well.

Offline Ex-airbalancer

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: August 27, 2018, 01:36:33 pm »

Trade in value/wholesale on this would be around $9,300. Cheapest 13 Highlander in Canada (that I could find) comes in at $16500. Auction results vary on these relative to options but they hold their value very well.
Thanks

Offline dirtyjeffer

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +296/-1312
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2021 Toyota Venza Limited, 2016 Kia Sorento EX AWD
« Reply #214 on: August 27, 2018, 06:36:37 pm »
Seriously, you're not allowed to park a thing like this in our residential neighborhoods!
same here...no commercial vehicles allowed (i think a van with "Pete's Electrical" is fine, but no big commercial vehicles).
When you've lost the argument, admit defeat and hit the smite button.

Online revalations

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: August 27, 2018, 07:35:28 pm »
Nobody whined about it, was there for all of 45 min anyway. I keep stuff like this at my shop in town.

Offline Sir Osis of Liver

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1376/-1726
  • Ramblin' man
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2017 KTM DUKE 390, 2019 VW Jetta GLI 35th Anniversary
« Reply #216 on: August 28, 2018, 12:41:53 am »
Heh. One of the neighbours in Fredericton was all worked up because my other neighbour around the corner would occasionally park his  tractor in front of his house some lunch hours. Mrs. Busybody was trying to get the other neighbours to back up her complaint to the city. I told her I didn't care, it didn't bother me one bit.

I hadn't notice, and didn't care. I was at work all day anyway, and Lady O certainly didn't care. I gave Mr. Trucker a head's up. IIRC he contacted bylaw enforcement, and all they requested was that he park it in his driveway, and not the street. Which was a bit quirky, I thought. That was apparently the end of that.
On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last, and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.

H. L. Mencken

Offline Ex-airbalancer

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: August 28, 2018, 06:40:17 am »
Nobody whined about it, was there for all of 45 min anyway. I keep stuff like this at my shop in town.
The only problem I can see if it was park there daily would be the start up / warming up at -30°c at 5 am  :o ;D

Online revalations

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: August 28, 2018, 12:11:55 pm »
The only problem I can see if it was park there daily would be the start up / warming up at -30°c at 5 am  :o ;D

That rig had a proheat device. A small diesel fired heater, It'll keep the coolant nice and warm with no help from the engine. This truck is no noisier or bulky than my neighbors eleventy billion ft long diesel pusher bus that sits along side of his house year round.

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: August 28, 2018, 12:22:27 pm »
My neighbor across the street was sour that his neighbor parked his 30+ foot RV trailer in his driveway. I didn't think it was a big deal...until I went over and sat with him and all you could see was that damn RV whenever you looked over..couldn't see down the street..or much else beyond the RV.