Author Topic: Rev's ongoing buy/sell thread  (Read 188796 times)

Offline Blueprint

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +170/-232
  • member since way back when
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2024 Mazda CX-90 GS-L PHEV, 2022 Subaru Crosstrek Limited, 1975 Triumph TR6
Re: Rev's ongoing buy/sell thread
« Reply #560 on: September 24, 2020, 09:52:03 am »
Just don’t ask about gas mileage.

Okay, How much L / 100km ?   ;D :P
This works on gallons per mile or litres per 10 kilometres lol. I actually filled it (~140l) and got 600 km to the tank. That’s about 23L/100km BUT, that included 330 km of towing a 1/2 ton Chevy truck on a trailer. Most owners report 10-14 MPG in normal use.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
that isn't THAT bad (for what it is)...i think GBA's Tundra gets about the same.

big trucks are workhorse vehicles...they use fuel...it comes with the game. :)

I mean yeah, but the Tundra is also "ancient" in terms of powertrain and tech. My '20 Yukon Denali has the 6.2 and 4x4. It gets 9.5-9.7L/100km all day long on the highway as long as it's not towing, thanks to the 10-speed auto and cylinder deactivation. This segment has made serious advances in fuel economy over the years.

That said, when you're buying an HD Yukon like Rev's, this is not an expectation, and it looks AWESOME  ;D 8)
That is crazy , the hybrid Venza is rated at 6.4 on the hiway ,

Diesels are crazy-good on fuel (my old Golf was in the 3's on the highway), but at the expense of **real** emissions. They are about to be kicked out of Europe because of that, and I don't expect any to survive this decade as emission regulations get tighter.  Once the electric pickups come out and out-torque the diesels, the market will change.
Traffic engineer/project manager & part time auto journalist

Offline Great_Big_Abyss

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +268/-457
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2019 Mazda CX-5
« Reply #561 on: September 24, 2020, 10:22:44 am »

This works on gallons per mile or litres per 10 kilometres lol. I actually filled it (~140l) and got 600 km to the tank. That’s about 23L/100km BUT, that included 330 km of towing a 1/2 ton Chevy truck on a trailer. Most owners report 10-14 MPG in normal use.

that isn't THAT bad (for what it is)...i think GBA's Tundra gets about the same.

I mean yeah, but the Tundra is also "ancient" in terms of powertrain and tech. My '20 Yukon Denali has the 6.2 and 4x4. It gets 9.5-9.7L/100km all day long on the highway as long as it's not towing, thanks to the 10-speed auto and cylinder deactivation. This segment has made serious advances in fuel economy over the years.

Come on now, my Tundra isn't that bad.  Most of its poor fuel economy average is from the short trips that I used to put on it (no longer do that anymore).  Now that I'm saving the truck for longer trips, the average should improve over the next few years.  I can get it down to 13L/100kms easy on the highway, and close to 14-16L/100km in the city if I'm careful. 

That being said, I don't really concern myself with the Tundra's fuel economy much anymore, anyhow.  It's a truck, it gets used as a truck, and I'm happy with it. 

And Vantage, beware that cylinder deactivation.  It won't be an issue for you while you're under warranty, but once it gets a few years old, if you keep your truck that long, you're in for a real treat with it.   :(
« Last Edit: September 24, 2020, 10:24:46 am by Great_Big_Abyss »

Offline EV Dan

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +480/-383
    • View Profile
  • Cars: '21 Venzaurus
« Reply #562 on: September 24, 2020, 10:38:19 am »

That said, when you're buying an HD Yukon like Rev's, this is not an expectation, and it looks AWESOME  ;D 8)
That is crazy , the hybrid Venza is rated at 6.4 on the hiway ,

Diesels are crazy-good on fuel (my old Golf was in the 3's on the highway), but at the expense of **real** emissions. They are about to be kicked out of Europe because of that, and I don't expect any to survive this decade as emission regulations get tighter.  Once the electric pickups come out and out-torque the diesels, the market will change.

Gonna be a long while, not because they won't make them, but because ppl won't be able to afford them. Next generation of trucks to sell by the boat load are V6 hybrids which will get around 10L/100 in the real world. They will last for half a million kilometres plus, and when towing you won't need to change pads once every year. 
Give a man a fish, he eats for a day. Teach the man to fish and he wakes you up at 5 in the morning.

Offline TheHire

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +103/-403
  • Manual Preservation Officer
    • View Profile
    • DoubleClutch.ca Magazine
  • Cars: '07 V8 Vantage 6MT, '91 Diablo, '97 550 Maranello, '91 911 Carrera, '04 S2000, '00 M5, '90 Camry AllTrac, '09 LS 460 AWD, '24 LC 500 Performance, '97 Integra Type R, '24 Santa Fe Calligraphy
« Reply #563 on: September 24, 2020, 11:00:29 am »

Come on now, my Tundra isn't that bad.  Most of its poor fuel economy average is from the short trips that I used to put on it (no longer do that anymore).  Now that I'm saving the truck for longer trips, the average should improve over the next few years.  I can get it down to 13L/100kms easy on the highway, and close to 14-16L/100km in the city if I'm careful. 

That being said, I don't really concern myself with the Tundra's fuel economy much anymore, anyhow.  It's a truck, it gets used as a truck, and I'm happy with it. 

And Vantage, beware that cylinder deactivation.  It won't be an issue for you while you're under warranty, but once it gets a few years old, if you keep your truck that long, you're in for a real treat with it.   :(

Oh dude, that wasn't a knock against the Tundra at all. It may be old but it's one of the most durable trucks out there. My only point was that because that 5.7 is so old, its truck competition has moved on with fuel mileage significantly.

And yeah, I don't plan to have this one more than a year or two. It was cheap enough that I can likely run it for a while and ditch it coming close to breaking even. My mileage may be the only caveat here - I'm on track to do 60,000km a year in it, so the spring might be the time to get rid of it. Just got some 285/45R22 Blizzak DMV2s for the winter.
Resident Connoisseur of Jalopies & Reality Checks

Offline Great_Big_Abyss

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +268/-457
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2019 Mazda CX-5
« Reply #564 on: September 24, 2020, 11:10:51 am »

Oh dude, that wasn't a knock against the Tundra at all. It may be old but it's one of the most durable trucks out there. My only point was that because that 5.7 is so old, its truck competition has moved on with fuel mileage significantly.

And yeah, I don't plan to have this one more than a year or two. It was cheap enough that I can likely run it for a while and ditch it coming close to breaking even. My mileage may be the only caveat here - I'm on track to do 60,000km a year in it, so the spring might be the time to get rid of it. Just got some 285/45R22 Blizzak DMV2s for the winter.

Boss.  I've got 275/65R18 DMV2's (because I like sidewall) for winter driving on the Tundra.  They're beastly in the snow. 

Offline TheHire

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +103/-403
  • Manual Preservation Officer
    • View Profile
    • DoubleClutch.ca Magazine
  • Cars: '07 V8 Vantage 6MT, '91 Diablo, '97 550 Maranello, '91 911 Carrera, '04 S2000, '00 M5, '90 Camry AllTrac, '09 LS 460 AWD, '24 LC 500 Performance, '97 Integra Type R, '24 Santa Fe Calligraphy
« Reply #565 on: September 24, 2020, 12:47:45 pm »
I was all set to downsize, then these 22s that are the factory size "fell off the back of a truck"... couldn't say no to brand new for like $500...

Offline revalations

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +101/-329
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Chrysler Lebaron
« Reply #566 on: September 24, 2020, 01:30:00 pm »
That's awesome.  Is it 4wd?
How many KMs? Depending on how clean it is it could be BaT worthy.

It's got 226,000 km. It's a 4x4

Offline BWII

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +188/-376
    • View Profile
« Reply #567 on: September 25, 2020, 11:10:23 pm »
Fob must've totally missed this.  Or he's still recovering from the aneurysm he experienced when he saw it.  Or maybe he's still cleaning the shi# off the carpets.  I mean this thing is right up his WAP isn't it?

I hate and love all the cool stuff you (and anyone else) manages to find and actually buy.  If I can't, at least I can vicariously.  Thanks, Rev.  ;) Much appreciated you spending your money instead of me spending mine.   :cheers:

Offline Scaerio

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +193/-127
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2013 Volvo C30 T5; all my exes: 2005 Suzuki Aerio SE, '02 Renault Clio, '93 Volvo 850 GLT, '78 MB W-123 230
« Reply #568 on: September 26, 2020, 01:38:07 am »
« Last Edit: September 26, 2020, 01:46:28 am by Scaerio »
I'd rather be car-poor than house-poor...

Offline revalations

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #569 on: September 26, 2020, 01:39:54 pm »
Fob must've totally missed this.  Or he's still recovering from the aneurysm he experienced when he saw it.  Or maybe he's still cleaning the shi# off the carpets.  I mean this thing is right up his WAP isn't it?

I hate and love all the cool stuff you (and anyone else) manages to find and actually buy.  If I can't, at least I can vicariously.  Thanks, Rev.  ;) Much appreciated you spending your money instead of me spending mine.   :cheers:

I'm vehicle rich but cash poor lol.  ;D

Offline HeliDriver

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +176/-235
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2023 Crosstrek Sport 6MT; 2011 Yukon XL 2500
« Reply #570 on: September 26, 2020, 02:02:02 pm »
Couldn’t resist this one. 2000 Yukon XL 3/4 ton with the huge 8100 vortec V8 (496 cubic inch). The 8100 is a very rare find. This has one owner and is in good shape. It’s the GFX edition (hence the ground effects) and has all the factory options. Missing are the tube side steps which I removed (they were rusty) a new set is on the way. This should tow our 33ft travel trailer just fine. The numbers of these engines were similar to the first generation duramax diesels, 320hp 455tq. Just don’t ask about gas mileage.

Oh, wow. That is fantastic!

I was never that crazy about the look of the GMT800s, but they've really grown on me over the years. Still prefer the interior of the newer ones, but I think I actually now like the exterior of the GMT800 more than the GMT900. And of course that engine is legendary!

Funny that the kilometers are about the same as our 2011 (which still drives like new, BTW.) Dunno if your plan is to keep it long-term, but should still be plenty of life left in this one. :thumbup:

Offline Fobroader

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1424/-2121
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2020 Toyota Tundra, 2021 Lexus GX460, 2018 Kawasaki Versys X300
« Reply #571 on: September 28, 2020, 10:21:47 am »
That thing is fantastic, well done as usual Rev.
Lighten up Francis.....

Offline revalations

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #572 on: October 03, 2020, 01:36:20 am »
Remember the 600k Caravan? Well it’s pretty much had the year off since we moved to BC, been sitting in my yard in Alberta. I brought a Subaru to Alberta from BC and my Avis rental back home got double booked. Wasn’t paying $980 for a one way back to Kelowna. Resurrected the old war wagon, new battery, fresh oil, and a good once over of the steering, brakes, and front end and she was back in business. Got me home problem free as usual.

Offline PJungnitsch

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +170/-337
    • View Profile
    • Travel in Africa
  • Cars: Subaru Crosstrek, Lexus RX350, Evolve Carbon, Biktrix Juggernaut, Yamaha TW200
« Reply #573 on: October 03, 2020, 02:12:11 am »
Incredible!

Offline Ex-airbalancer

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +729/-1584
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2011 Silverado 1500 LTZ ext ended cab , 2013 Lexus RX-350 F Sport
« Reply #574 on: October 03, 2020, 08:15:58 am »
Remember the 600k Caravan? Well it’s pretty much had the year off since we moved to BC, been sitting in my yard in Alberta. I brought a Subaru to Alberta from BC and my Avis rental back home got double booked. Wasn’t paying $980 for a one way back to Kelowna. Resurrected the old war wagon, new battery, fresh oil, and a good once over of the steering, brakes, and front end and she was back in business. Got me home problem free as usual.

I applaud you
By the way how did you ever get smitten  ???
Is someone that jealous ::) :rofl2:

Offline Fobroader

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1424/-2121
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2020 Toyota Tundra, 2021 Lexus GX460, 2018 Kawasaki Versys X300
« Reply #575 on: October 03, 2020, 02:14:00 pm »

I applaud you
Probably that Tesla slobbering guy hating all his lovely V8s

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk

Offline Gurgie

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +308/-518
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2019 Honda Passport Touring
« Reply #576 on: October 03, 2020, 05:49:35 pm »

I applaud you
Probably that Tesla slobbering guy hating all his lovely V8s

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk
:rofl:

Sent from my SM-G970W using Tapatalk

You live everyday. You only die once....

Offline revalations

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #577 on: November 01, 2020, 08:46:01 pm »
Looked at this car this past spring. Owner wasn’t selling at that time. Now with winter approaching he decided to sell as he had no indoor storage. I made a stupid “don’t really want it or need it” offer and he surprisingly accepted.

It’s a 1993 Buick Riviera. Last year of this body style before the swoopy 95 redesign. This car had one owner, an older lady. She drove the car to Florida every winter. We have every receipt for all maintenance and repairs from new up until 2009 (her brother had ownership from then) It drives as expected, smooth and quiet. The 3.8 Buick V6 runs great and all the electronics actually work.

Offline dkaz

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +289/-389
  • Flip flop
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 12 Mazda 5 GT 6MT
« Reply #578 on: November 01, 2020, 09:18:54 pm »
That's a really nice car.

Offline dirtyjeffer

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +296/-1312
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2021 Toyota Venza Limited, 2016 Kia Sorento EX AWD
« Reply #579 on: November 01, 2020, 11:42:08 pm »
Nice!

And also a visual reminder that at one time low profile tires were uncommon.  That Buick is practically shod with blimps!
that's how it gives you that smooth no bump ride. :)
When you've lost the argument, admit defeat and hit the smite button.