Author Topic: Little Things That Irritate Me  (Read 1131772 times)

Offline blur911

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +244/-779
  • Nasty Weasel
    • View Profile
  • Cars: and bikes by age:Honda, BMW, Porsche, Subaru, Suzuki, Suzuki, Mazda, Jaguar, Kawasaki, Porsche, GMC, Suzuki
Re: Little Things That Irritate Me
« Reply #8320 on: July 31, 2024, 08:22:49 pm »
Not so irritating, moreso made me laugh.  As many of us do, I was browsing vehicles today.  Came across a low km 2022 MDX.  Stock photos showed dark blue exterior and brown interior.  Nice.  Get in touch with sales, ask for actual photos, and turns out the car has a light grey interior.  OK, whatever, move on. Salesman asks if I'm open to other suggestions.  I say sure, what do you have?  He sends me a link to a 2022 Mazda 3.  FML.  I'm looking at midsize CUVs and you send me a compact car.  Guess I wasn't clear enough  :rofl2:.

I called about looking at a Grand Cherokee at a dealership about 40 minutes away, said I'd be there in an couple of hours. 
Got there and the Jeep was covered in cobwebs and had a dead battery.   Guess he didn't want to make a sale today  :shake:
Mr Pickypants

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1254/-7214
    • View Profile
« Reply #8321 on: July 31, 2024, 10:27:33 pm »
Not so irritating, moreso made me laugh.  As many of us do, I was browsing vehicles today.  Came across a low km 2022 MDX.  Stock photos showed dark blue exterior and brown interior.  Nice.  Get in touch with sales, ask for actual photos, and turns out the car has a light grey interior.  OK, whatever, move on. Salesman asks if I'm open to other suggestions.  I say sure, what do you have?  He sends me a link to a 2022 Mazda 3.  FML.  I'm looking at midsize CUVs and you send me a compact car.  Guess I wasn't clear enough  :rofl2:.

I called about looking at a Grand Cherokee at a dealership about 40 minutes away, said I'd be there in an couple of hours. 
Got there and the Jeep was covered in cobwebs and had a dead battery.   Guess he didn't want to make a sale today  :shake:
Also happened to me!

"I'm coming from 3 hours away. Can you make sure the vehicle is ready to view/test drive when I get there? "

You get there...and nothing is ready
How fast is my 911?  Supras sh*t on on me all the time...in reverse..with blown turbos  :( ...

Offline 2JDM

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +119/-141
    • View Profile
« Reply #8322 on: July 31, 2024, 11:15:55 pm »
As for tipping...It is still optional so they can put what evern % amount they want on the display. Just make sure there is an option for NO TIP and FIXED AMOUNT.

Personally, I don't understand why anybody would click on the % as you are now tipping on the included taxes. That is really stupid.

Simply laziness. I am guilty of this most of the time as well.

Offline OliverD

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +255/-775
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2011 BMW 328i Touring, 1998 Jaguar XJR, 2024 Mini Cooper S
« Reply #8323 on: August 01, 2024, 08:51:16 am »
As for tipping...It is still optional so they can put what evern % amount they want on the display. Just make sure there is an option for NO TIP and FIXED AMOUNT.

Personally, I don't understand why anybody would click on the % as you are now tipping on the included taxes. That is really stupid.

Because I simply don't care.

Offline PJungnitsch

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +170/-337
    • View Profile
    • Travel in Africa
  • Cars: Subaru Crosstrek, Lexus RX350, Evolve Carbon, Biktrix Juggernaut, Yamaha TW200
« Reply #8324 on: August 01, 2024, 10:53:29 am »

Also happened to me!

"I'm coming from 3 hours away. Can you make sure the vehicle is ready to view/test drive when I get there? "

That happened to us a few times also. Not entirely sure why dealers do this, can't be that hard to put stock on a trickle charger occasionally. Especially as modern vehicles usually do not react well to low voltages

Offline Fobroader

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1424/-2122
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2020 Toyota Tundra, 2021 Lexus GX460, 2018 Kawasaki Versys X300
« Reply #8325 on: August 01, 2024, 12:26:17 pm »

Also happened to me!

Yup, that just happened to me looking at Tundras. Talked to the sales guy, told him I would be there around 5, he said he'd have the truck ready to go, fueled up and detailed. I got there, truck was behind the dealer, dead, filthy, and it looked like it hadn't been touched in a month. I just said, "well thanks for wasting my time" and walked away as buddy was making all kinds of excuses. That totally soured me on that dealer.
Lighten up Francis.....

Online JohnnyMac

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +112/-461
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2022 Honda CR-V Sport, 2022 Honda Civic Si, 2020 Toyota Rav4 Hybrid XLE (traded in), 2020 VW Jetta GLI (Traded in), 2010 Hyundai Santa Fe Limited (sold), 2016 VW Golf R (Sold)
« Reply #8326 on: August 02, 2024, 07:09:12 pm »
Anybody else have a wife who thinks beeping your horn is never acceptable?  Sitting behind someone at a green light, give them a full two Mississippi’s and then beep, wife gives me :censor: for it.  So we supposed to just wait until the person is done with their phone or conversation before moving? 

Offline OliverD

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #8327 on: August 02, 2024, 07:23:33 pm »
Anybody else have a wife who thinks beeping your horn is never acceptable?  Sitting behind someone at a green light, give them a full two Mississippi’s and then beep, wife gives me :censor: for it.  So we supposed to just wait until the person is done with their phone or conversation before moving?

My wife gets mad at me when I do use the horn, and she gets mad when I don't. Can't win.  ;D

Offline OliverD

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #8328 on: August 02, 2024, 07:24:12 pm »
Why can no one who is selling a Z3 state which engine it has in the ad?

Offline sszoomzoom

• Auto Obsessed
  • Carma: +24/-10
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2023 Mazda CX5 Signature - Soul Red Crystal Metallic
« Reply #8329 on: August 02, 2024, 08:13:18 pm »

My wife gets mad at me when I do use the horn, and she gets mad when I don't. Can't win.  ;D
Mine is the same unless she has the steering.
It must something they teach them at wife school.

Offline revalations

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +101/-329
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Chrysler Lebaron
« Reply #8330 on: August 02, 2024, 09:27:26 pm »
My wife is very honky. She uses it way too much, always honking at someone. With the way people are nowadays I don’t horn at anyone anymore unless it’s absolutely necessary. 

I was about 17 heading home after dropping off my girlfriend (now wife) at about 1am on a Thursday. Behind this newer tinted out Accord at a red light, turns green and they sit, so a gave a quick beep, nothing so I honk again and they finally go. They drove REALLY slow until the road split from a two lane to four. I passed it immediately and on my way by noticed it was full of “gangsta” looking guys. Well they started following me, every turn. Thinking of my good buddy who wound up in the hospital from the same types just a few months back riding his high end bike home at night had me really worried. No cell phone back then to phone the police. I was driving the family 92 Aerostar minivan and that new Accord had me out powered.

I lead them out of town (we’re on the western edge of Calgary) down this familiar country road I knew well, this road went down a good size hill and went from paved to gravel on the uphill. They were right behind me when I hit that gravel, I immediately cut the headlights (the DRL’s came on) and I just kept my foot in it. Not sure if they left the road or what but they quickly faded away. I knew this trick would work because just a few weeks prior my pals and I had a race down that exact road, Chevy Citation V6 4sp VS Ford Mustang 2.3’ 4sp, I was in the mustang that was losing to the Chevy, when that Chevy hit the gravel we were completely blinded by the dust. My friend driving launched that mustang right off the road into the ditch. We came away unharmed, but the mustang got some fancy barbed wire pin striping, a busted windshield, and some decent dents in the rockers.

I’ve honestly never been so scared in my life, I knew these guys were nothing but trouble and heard many stories of their violent ways. Was so happy to get that Aerostar back in the garage that night. Remember thinking  I should’ve just drove to the police station and sat outside honking, but whatever. I’m still very cautious at honking at anyone.

Offline Gurgie

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +309/-518
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2006 Porsche 911 Carrera, 2019 Honda Passport
« Reply #8331 on: August 02, 2024, 09:37:10 pm »
My wife is very honky. She uses it way too much, always honking at someone. With the way people are nowadays I don’t horn at anyone anymore unless it’s absolutely necessary. 

I was about 17 heading home after dropping off my girlfriend (now wife) at about 1am on a Thursday. Behind this newer tinted out Accord at a red light, turns green and they sit, so a gave a quick beep, nothing so I honk again and they finally go. They drove REALLY slow until the road split from a two lane to four. I passed it immediately and on my way by noticed it was full of “gangsta” looking guys. Well they started following me, every turn. Thinking of my good buddy who wound up in the hospital from the same types just a few months back riding his high end bike home at night had me really worried. No cell phone back then to phone the police. I was driving the family 92 Aerostar minivan and that new Accord had me out powered.

I lead them out of town (we’re on the western edge of Calgary) down this familiar country road I knew well, this road went down a good size hill and went from paved to gravel on the uphill. They were right behind me when I hit that gravel, I immediately cut the headlights (the DRL’s came on) and I just kept my foot in it. Not sure if they left the road or what but they quickly faded away. I knew this trick would work because just a few weeks prior my pals and I had a race down that exact road, Chevy Citation V6 4sp VS Ford Mustang 2.3’ 4sp, I was in the mustang that was losing to the Chevy, when that Chevy hit the gravel we were completely blinded by the dust. My friend driving launched that mustang right off the road into the ditch. We came away unharmed, but the mustang got some fancy barbed wire pin striping, a busted windshield, and some decent dents in the rockers.

I’ve honestly never been so scared in my life, I knew these guys were nothing but trouble and heard many stories of their violent ways. Was so happy to get that Aerostar back in the garage that night. Remember thinking  I should’ve just drove to the police station and sat outside honking, but whatever. I’m still very cautious at honking at anyone.
Great story now tho :cheers:

Sent from my SM-S901W using Tapatalk

You live everyday. You only die once....

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1254/-7214
    • View Profile
« Reply #8332 on: August 03, 2024, 12:10:34 am »
Sounds more like her problem.

Tell her to deal with it.

Offline Allen

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +123/-440
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2021 Q5 Sline, 2022 Honda HRV Touring
« Reply #8333 on: August 03, 2024, 06:25:57 am »
Sounds more like her problem.

Tell her to deal with it.
Your a brave man Ron..
My wife's the same,  gives me $hit for being impatient,  I just grin and bare it
Having your wife in the car is like this 😄
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ynRWWy2sWyQ

Offline Jaeger

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +707/-12405
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2015 Hyundai Genesis 3.8 AWD, 2016 Honda Fit EX-L Navi, 2019 Genesis G80 3.3t Sport, 2021 Honda CB650R, 2023 Honda Monkey
« Reply #8334 on: August 03, 2024, 06:47:02 am »

So long as it's a quick "heads up buddy" tap and not a looong blaring "wtf is WRONG WITH YOU!!!" my wife is okay with it.   ;D Flipping the bird is never okay, though.  :-[
Wokeism is nothing more than the recognition and opposition of bigotry in all its forms.  Bigots are predictably triggered.

Online JohnnyMac

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2022 Honda CR-V Sport, 2022 Honda Civic Si, 2020 Toyota Rav4 Hybrid XLE (traded in), 2020 VW Jetta GLI (Traded in), 2010 Hyundai Santa Fe Limited (sold), 2016 VW Golf R (Sold)
« Reply #8335 on: August 03, 2024, 07:20:26 am »
To her defense, I am getting very grumpy in my old age and generally dislike people.  I also make comments about drivers a lot while driving because people are so poor at the skill nowadays.  So I do try to refrain from it when she is in the car, but when someone is sitting at a green light my patience is tested, two second grace period before I do a little beep.  Not a big deal and heck I’ve been on the other end of that zoned out not paying attention and if someone beeped at me I get moving in a hurry and give them the wave to apologize.

Funny thing is, my wife will confront other drivers for this stuff.  She got flipped off before and pulled into the parking lot they turned into to ask what it was for.  Or when some angry man was yelling at an elderly lady driver she told him to take a hike.  I guess she is less afraid of some wacko pulling a weapon or following her home.  For the record, those are the only two times I have heard her doing this and both times I was not in the car.

Offline Allen

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +123/-440
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2021 Q5 Sline, 2022 Honda HRV Touring
« Reply #8336 on: August 03, 2024, 07:49:39 am »
JohnnyMac you think your grumpy now wait til you get to my age.. I got 30 years on you 😀

Online JohnnyMac

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #8337 on: August 03, 2024, 07:57:48 am »
JohnnyMac you think your grumpy now wait til you get to my age.. I got 30 years on you 😀
I’ll be living in a cave in the woods by that point.  LOL. It’s funny because most people like me and think I’m a nice guy, but I am so easily annoyed by about 90% of society it’s challenging to keep that “nice guy” act going.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2024, 08:09:19 am by JohnnyMac »

Offline Firm

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +232/-1073
  • Urban Hick
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2010 XKR, 2007 DTS, 2006 Escalade, 2000 Sonoma ZQ8,1996 Firebird, 1996 Firebird Formula, 1985 Trans Am, 1984 Camaro, 1978 MGB x2
« Reply #8338 on: August 04, 2024, 11:59:07 pm »

Great story, and good use of "honky" instead of the alternative  :rofl:

I am similar now, only honk if absolutely necessary. When I commuted in Toronto I'd use the horn multiple times every drive, but now in an area where everyone has a gun in the car and there's a good percentage of the population with nothing to lose, I keep a low key being patient and not using the horn.  ;D

Online JohnnyMac

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #8339 on: August 05, 2024, 10:47:45 am »
Ordered a carport from Costco about two weeks ago, shipping company picks it up in Quebec, then within a day drives it past our city to Moncton about 200kms away, has been sitting there since July 28th, and we had a long weekend that would have been ideal to put it together.  I think I will call them tomorrow to see if they intend to use the entire 15 business days to deliver or if they plan on actually exceeding the minimum required.