Author Topic: Little Things That Irritate Me  (Read 1110582 times)

Offline Fobroader

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1424/-2121
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2020 Toyota Tundra, 2021 Lexus GX460, 2018 Kawasaki Versys X300
Re: Little Things That Irritate Me
« Reply #1700 on: September 25, 2017, 03:14:05 pm »
As a smoker, nothing pisses me off more than degens that toss their lit butts out of their window. Ok, I get it, new cars do not come with ashtrays, one that fits into your cupholder, which most new cars have between what, 50-75, costs about $1 at the Dollar Store. There is never an excuse to toss one out. Field strip the cherry and make sure its out if there is no ashtray available.
Lighten up Francis.....

Offline tooscoops

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +325/-227
  • "stealership" employee
    • View Profile
  • Cars: '75 AMC Pacer, '70 Morgan 4/4, '21 Pacifica Hybrid, '21 Wrangler Rubicon
« Reply #1701 on: September 25, 2017, 03:33:59 pm »
i heard most of this years were traced back to lightning/natural occurrences... but still, it definitely isn't helping things!!

anyway, my irritation is a current "customer"... or i guess just a lead. i got a lead through our website on a used car. spent a bit wording a nice e-mail to the customer. turns out it's the wrong e-mail. ok fine... happens. 2 days later, another lead from the same person, but with a different e-mail. Super! i'll cut and paste and send it off.... wrong email. so i then go back and send two more e-mails out to the same addresses, but with a .ca instead of .com.... nope. 3 days pass, and another lead comes in from the same guy. he gets a basic response, it gets bounced back.... 2 days and then the same from another address... cut and paste, bounce back.... 3 days later, another one with a different address...

i send a snarky one assuming it won't go through with hardly any information and a subject line of "OK, seriously!!"...... it goes through.

so now i have sent another with some real information included...

but what the hell?!?!?! *5* e-leads on the same car from the same person! a total of 9 messages sent out from me with no responses... i even sent a message to someone on facebook with the same name....

driving me nuts.
i used to be addicted to soap, but i'm clean now

Offline Solstice2006

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +245/-468
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2008 Hyundai Entourage, 2007 Buick Lucerne
« Reply #1702 on: September 25, 2017, 04:17:38 pm »
i heard most of this years were traced back to lightning/natural occurrences... but still, it definitely isn't helping things!!

anyway, my irritation is a current "customer"... or i guess just a lead. i got a lead through our website on a used car. spent a bit wording a nice e-mail to the customer. turns out it's the wrong e-mail. ok fine... happens. 2 days later, another lead from the same person, but with a different e-mail. Super! i'll cut and paste and send it off.... wrong email. so i then go back and send two more e-mails out to the same addresses, but with a .ca instead of .com.... nope. 3 days pass, and another lead comes in from the same guy. he gets a basic response, it gets bounced back.... 2 days and then the same from another address... cut and paste, bounce back.... 3 days later, another one with a different address...

i send a snarky one assuming it won't go through with hardly any information and a subject line of "OK, seriously!!"...... it goes through.

so now i have sent another with some real information included...

but what the hell?!?!?! *5* e-leads on the same car from the same person! a total of 9 messages sent out from me with no responses... i even sent a message to someone on facebook with the same name....

driving me nuts.

Damn customers!! The nerve!  Flip side story:  Called a dealership in Mississauga to ask about month lease payments on a truck, because they have tons of incentives on.  I asked about a specific truck, which he said he had.  I asked for the numbers on 24 months or 36 months.  Told him mileage didn't matter, 18k, 20k, 24k, just give me an idea.  Said he would call me back.  This was Friday after lunch.... 

Offline sailor723

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +416/-1000
    • View Profile
  • Cars: '17 BMW X5 Xdrive35i, '11 BMW 328iXdrive,
« Reply #1703 on: September 28, 2017, 02:42:17 am »
One of the few things about living in small city on the east coast that irritates me......0500 departures to make connections in Toronto in order to fly anywhere. :(
Old Jag convertible...one itch I won't have to scratch again.

Offline Ex-airbalancer

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +729/-1584
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2011 Silverado 1500 LTZ ext ended cab , 2013 Lexus RX-350 F Sport
« Reply #1704 on: September 28, 2017, 06:39:45 am »
One of the few things about living in small city on the east coast that irritates me......0500 departures to make connections in Toronto in order to fly anywhere. :(
Yes that must suck
We only have about 1-1/2 hour to get to the airport , but we have drive across Toronto to get there

Offline Railton

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +243/-156
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2017 Infiniti QX60 Touring, 2010 Infiniti G37S 6M, 2020 Hyundai Kona 1.6T Trend
« Reply #1705 on: September 28, 2017, 07:15:09 am »
Yes that must suck
We only have about 1-1/2 hour to get to the airport , but we have drive across Toronto to get there
I'm surprised AB you don't mention that 50 year old Pickering Airport saga! Where is that all now?
Railton
Do you realize that in about 30 (updated as requested) years, we'll have millions of old ladies running around with tattoos?

Offline Ex-airbalancer

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1706 on: September 28, 2017, 07:53:58 am »
Yes that must suck
I'm surprised AB you don't mention that 50 year old Pickering Airport saga! Where is that all now?
Railton
Still no where but wasting money
It would be crazy to build another airport unless it is for cargo
Expand the island airport for Jets would be better
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pickering_Airport

Offline Sir Osis of Liver

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1376/-1726
  • Ramblin' man
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2017 KTM DUKE 390, 2019 VW Jetta GLI 35th Anniversary
« Reply #1707 on: September 28, 2017, 10:25:43 am »
What a stupid situation.

The federal-provincial negotiations could have been wrapped up much quicker:

"We're not going to build road or water infrastructure to support Pickering."
"Fine. The Ministry of Transportation will decertify Pearson. Ottawa will be the new central hub"
"Pickering it is."

On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last, and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.

H. L. Mencken

Offline Ex-airbalancer

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1708 on: September 28, 2017, 12:23:57 pm »
What a stupid situation.

The federal-provincial negotiations could have been wrapped up much quicker:

"We're not going to build road or water infrastructure to support Pickering."
"Fine. The Ministry of Transportation will decertify Pearson. Ottawa will be the new central hub"
"Pickering it is."
It was Davis vote buying shutting down Pickering , just like he shutdown the Allen expressway

Offline tenpenny

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +137/-305
    • View Profile
« Reply #1709 on: September 28, 2017, 01:48:12 pm »
Yes that must suck

If he drove 1.5 hr, he'd be in Moncton, and would have a few other options.

One of the stupid parts of NB is that we have 3 airports each 1.5 hrs apart (think of a triangle), each with several flights every day to Toronto, Montreal, Halifax, and Ottawa.  From here, you might as well drive 2.5 hr to Bangor, at least then you have cheap fares.
My diesel car self-identifies as an electric vehicle.

Offline OliverD

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +255/-770
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2011 BMW 328i Touring, 1998 Jaguar XJR, 2024 Mini Cooper S
« Reply #1710 on: September 28, 2017, 03:20:16 pm »
Yes that must suck

One of the stupid parts of NB is that we have 3 airports each 1.5 hrs apart (think of a triangle), each with several flights every day to Toronto, Montreal, Halifax, and Ottawa.  From here, you might as well drive 2.5 hr to Bangor, at least then you have cheap fares.

Sometimes. I've never flown out of Bangor because the times I've checked the flights were only marginally cheaper. We're flying to NYC next week and meeting some friends there. Some are coming from Bangor and their flights were the same price as ours.

Offline pi314

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +59/-95
    • View Profile
  • Cars: VW Golf Sportwagen 4Motion 6MT ;Dearly Departed 2015 Honda Fit EX 6MT
« Reply #1711 on: September 28, 2017, 03:43:20 pm »
Yes that must suck

Sometimes. I've never flown out of Bangor because the times I've checked the flights were only marginally cheaper. We're flying to NYC next week and meeting some friends there. Some are coming from Bangor and their flights were the same price as ours.

If you place any value on time/sanity I've yet to find Bangor save me anything meaningful... connecting via YYZ is arguably less work than driving to Bangor.

Offline tenpenny

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +137/-305
    • View Profile
« Reply #1712 on: September 29, 2017, 06:38:13 am »
When the four of us went to Arizona, flying out of Bangor saved us $800 per person as compared to AC through Toronto.

But that's the only time I did it.

Sent from my Vic20 using Java Moose

Offline OliverD

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1713 on: September 29, 2017, 07:56:44 am »
When the four of us went to Arizona, flying out of Bangor saved us $800 per person as compared to AC through Toronto.

But that's the only time I did it.

Sent from my Vic20 using Java Moose

If you’re flying somewhere in the U.S. Bangor is at least worth considering.

Offline sailor723

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +416/-1000
    • View Profile
  • Cars: '17 BMW X5 Xdrive35i, '11 BMW 328iXdrive,
« Reply #1714 on: September 29, 2017, 09:34:20 am »
I have  found driving the extra distance to Portland often gets you a lower fare and better routing compared to Bangor

Offline OliverD

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1715 on: September 29, 2017, 09:42:27 am »
I have  found driving the extra distance to Portland often gets you a lower fare and better routing compared to Bangor

Plus Portland is just a way better city to spend the night in before or after a flight.

Offline Ex-airbalancer

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1716 on: September 29, 2017, 09:42:45 am »
I have checked flying out of Buffalo, on international flights Toronto is way cheaper and you can get direct flight
For flights to Florida, there can be cheaper flights , but they are usually 3 stops, 12 hours flights , and than it is over a 3 hour drive home

Offline Weels

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +253/-259
  • This is my happy face
    • View Profile
  • Cars: The 5's: 2023 Mazda CX-5, 2016 Mazda MX-5
« Reply #1717 on: September 29, 2017, 10:36:05 am »
I have checked flying out of Buffalo, on international flights Toronto is way cheaper and you can get direct flight
For flights to Florida, there can be cheaper flights , but they are usually 3 stops, 12 hours flights , and than it is over a 3 hour drive home

I've had a few flights out of Buffalo to other US destinations that was much cheaper than US (plus there are hotels that will let you park in their lot for free), but nothing in the last few years

Offline mlin32

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +65/-419
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2017 Peugeot 308 GT; 2015 Yamaha YZF-R3
« Reply #1718 on: September 29, 2017, 05:30:09 pm »
The German inability to move into the 21st century and use card payment machines. Going to make my expense report a litany of exceptions and reimbursements.
ø cons: Peugeot 308: Yamaha R3 [/URL]

Offline Brig

• Brig
  • Carma: +396/-1400
  • Class Clown, Moderatrix and Resident Hag
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2016 Mazda CX-3 GS AWD
« Reply #1719 on: September 29, 2017, 09:08:31 pm »
We are in the midst of a high wind event this evening.  Neighbour two doors down is renovating to sell the property, and there's all kinds of junk in his backyard.  Every time the wind blows hard, something bangs around very loudly - sounds like sheet metal.   >:(  I want to sleep with my windows open tonight, but I'm not sure it will be a good idea if this keeps up.