Author Topic: Little Things That Irritate Me  (Read 1110512 times)

Offline SearhardBurger

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +28/-29
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2009 VW Golf City, 2018 Honda CR-V Touring, 2013 Buick Regal GS (RIP)
Re: Little Things That Irritate Me
« Reply #1640 on: August 23, 2017, 12:39:36 pm »
I put up a bunch of stuff for sale on Varagesale.  After a while, the only thing that hadn't sold was a chair.  So I take the app off my phone.

Yesterday I get an email from Varagesale saying someone has commented on the chair's sale page.  The comment said, "Hi, is this still available" .  The email let me know that I can respond simply by replying to the email rather than downloading the app again.  So I reply with, "Yes, it is."

The next email I get from the lady says "What do you mean Get Outlook for iOS?"

??? ::) :rofl2:

Offline blur911

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +244/-779
  • Nasty Weasel
    • View Profile
  • Cars: and bikes by age:BMW, Porsche, Subaru, Suzuki, Suzuki, Mazda, Jaguar, Kawasaki, Porsche, GMC, Suzuki
« Reply #1641 on: August 23, 2017, 09:26:02 pm »
If you have a spare plug (who doesn't on a 2 stroke  :rofl2:) pull the plug cap and insert a spare, ground it and turn it over.  If no spark, then me thinks CDI.

3 cylinder Yami?

1996ish Evinrude 35hp triple

I'll grab some tools from home and have time to look at it on the weekend.  Hopefully it's just a broken wire and not a stator or power-pack (CDI)

Hard to work on it when it's in the water, might have to pull it out on the trailer.
Mr Pickypants

Offline ArticSteve

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +310/-6812
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Hobby Car: 15 Mustang Vert, V6, manual, 3.55 lsd; 2024 MDX Aspec; 2022 F150 TREMOR lifted
« Reply #1642 on: August 23, 2017, 10:04:59 pm »
Well a lot worse things than ignition problems.  Could have waited another month from now though.

Just a thought.  Have you tried giving the carbs a shot of Quick Start just to rule out a block in the fuel delivery system which would be a faster/cheaper fix.

Offline Brig

• Brig
  • Carma: +396/-1400
  • Class Clown, Moderatrix and Resident Hag
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2016 Mazda CX-3 GS AWD
« Reply #1643 on: August 24, 2017, 09:13:40 pm »
I am irritated.  Literally.  Ragweed pollen has been moderate for a week or so, and tomorrow it will be high.  I am so teary and glassy-eyed, it's not even funny.  I wake up in the morning and my eyes are sealed shut!  I have to soak them with a cloth and warm water before I can see.  Might have to spring for some meds this weekend, for the first time ever.   :shake:  I was never allergic to anything in my life until 10 years ago.  Then it became peanuts, tree nuts, shellfish, fragrances, lactose and now facking pollen.

Bah.  :fall:

Offline sailor723

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +416/-1000
    • View Profile
  • Cars: '17 BMW X5 Xdrive35i, '11 BMW 328iXdrive,
« Reply #1644 on: August 24, 2017, 09:21:20 pm »
I am irritated.  Literally.  Ragweed pollen has been moderate for a week or so, and tomorrow it will be high.  I am so teary and glassy-eyed, it's not even funny.  I wake up in the morning and my eyes are sealed shut!  I have to soak them with a cloth and warm water before I can see.  Might have to spring for some meds this weekend, for the first time ever.   :shake:  I was never allergic to anything in my life until 10 years ago.  Then it became peanuts, tree nuts, shellfish, fragrances, lactose and now facking pollen.

Welcome to my world of "getting older sucks"  ;D

Seriously though, hope the irritants fade quickly or the meds work and you are feeling better soon.
Old Jag convertible...one itch I won't have to scratch again.

Offline blur911

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +244/-779
  • Nasty Weasel
    • View Profile
  • Cars: and bikes by age:BMW, Porsche, Subaru, Suzuki, Suzuki, Mazda, Jaguar, Kawasaki, Porsche, GMC, Suzuki
« Reply #1645 on: August 24, 2017, 09:32:22 pm »

The ragweed hasn't really hit here yet.  The stuff I see is kind of stunted so I don't think it's even a bad year for it.   
Gotta get a reactine px.

Offline johngenx

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +758/-938
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2009 Toyota Corolla, 2004 Toyota Highlander V-6 4WD, 2001 Subaru Forester, 1994 Mazda Miata
« Reply #1646 on: August 24, 2017, 10:13:32 pm »
Mosquitoes are back BIG TIME here.  I got eaten alive this afternoon outside in the backyard while seam-sealing my tent.  Ugh, they knew I had to concentrate and couldn't swat them.  Fookers.

Offline Scaerio

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +193/-127
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2013 Volvo C30 T5; all my exes: 2005 Suzuki Aerio SE, '02 Renault Clio, '93 Volvo 850 GLT, '78 MB W-123 230
« Reply #1647 on: August 26, 2017, 01:22:13 pm »
Been having vivd, weird dreams lately.  No nightmares, but they interrupt my sleep.
I'd rather be car-poor than house-poor...

Offline Sir Osis of Liver

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1376/-1726
  • Ramblin' man
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2017 KTM DUKE 390, 2019 VW Jetta GLI 35th Anniversary
« Reply #1648 on: August 29, 2017, 09:44:22 am »
Got a text from my brother. At 5am this morning. "Sleep is for the weak."

Thanks bro.

On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last, and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.

H. L. Mencken

Offline ChaosphereIX

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +187/-377
  • Wont run with the pack
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2015 Jaguar XJR-L
« Reply #1649 on: August 29, 2017, 10:05:48 am »
Possums have been having a little war outside my window, not getting any sleep tonight I guess. I think an interloper is challenging the resident male who lives in my front yard. Dunno who is winning.

Will update with more when I know.
If driving an Alfa does not restore vitality to your soul, then just pass the hospital and park at the morgue to save everyone time.

Now drives a Jaaaaaaag...and thus will not pay for anything during an outing...but it is OK, because....I drive a Jaaaaaag.

Offline quadzilla

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +391/-634
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2022 Rock'n Rolla Nightstalker
« Reply #1650 on: August 30, 2017, 07:57:04 am »
My buddy was trying to talk me into doing a triathlon in September that we did in the past quite a few years ago. We rode the bike course yesterday and will admit it got me thinking about doing it again. Then I checked the pricing.

$134 + $7 (tri fee) + online ripoff fee + parking fee + any other rip off fee I didn't notice and I'm out.

Damn these races are expensive.

Offline Railton

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +243/-156
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2017 Infiniti QX60 Touring, 2010 Infiniti G37S 6M, 2020 Hyundai Kona 1.6T Trend
« Reply #1651 on: August 30, 2017, 08:59:24 am »
My buddy was trying to talk me into doing a triathlon in September that we did in the past quite a few years ago. We rode the bike course yesterday and will admit it got me thinking about doing it again. Then I checked the pricing.

$134 + $7 (tri fee) + online ripoff fee + parking fee + any other rip off fee I didn't notice and I'm out.

Yup, and yet there are more and more people every year that line up to enter these races.
Yesterday I received an email from Ironman USA that there were only 50 entry spots left for next years race in Placid. That's almost 1 year away. I suspect entrance fees must be over $700 US by now. Plus the travel and lodging fees (3 day minimum) food and Ironman SWAG budget.
Railton
Do you realize that in about 30 (updated as requested) years, we'll have millions of old ladies running around with tattoos?

Offline quadzilla

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +391/-634
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2022 Rock'n Rolla Nightstalker
« Reply #1652 on: August 30, 2017, 09:08:51 am »

Yup, and yet there are more and more people every year that line up to enter these races.
Yesterday I received an email from Ironman USA that there were only 50 entry spots left for next years race in Placid. That's almost 1 year away. I suspect entrance fees must be over $700 US by now. Plus the travel and lodging fees (3 day minimum) food and Ironman SWAG budget.
Railton

You are right, everybody is doing these races and they have no problems selling them out so why lower the prices.

Just checked IMLP.

$US 650-785 (tier 1-4) which are all sold out. That leaves IM Foundation Entry for only $US 1400. Yikes!

Offline tortoise

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +236/-453
    • View Profile
« Reply #1653 on: August 30, 2017, 09:18:02 am »
This morning it's people who park their bikes in the rack front wheel first. 

So much empty space, no way to use it.
Only the slow and dim know where they're going in life, and seldom is it worth the trip. - Tom Robbins.

Offline draghon

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +20/-27
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Mine [07 Civic SI coupe] Wife [23 Sienna XSE AWD]
« Reply #1654 on: August 30, 2017, 01:26:40 pm »
When there is a minor fender bender and the people involved feel the need to stop and exchange info right where the collision happened.

Yesterday on my way home from work, there was a collision in the left lane of the perimeter (closest thing to a freeway we have in Winnipeg, 100km/h speed limit) and the people stopped in the left lane, got out of their cars are were exchanging info, talking on cell phone, etc. in the left lane. None of the cars involved (there were three) appeared to be un-driveable so why don't they move to the shoulder instead of blocking the passing lane...  ???
ex rides: 93 Aerostar XLT AWD
wife ex rides: 07 Wave base, 11 Tiguan Comfortline with sport package, 14 Acadia SLE II AWD

Offline BWII

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +188/-376
    • View Profile
« Reply #1655 on: August 30, 2017, 02:15:17 pm »
This morning it's people who park their bikes in the rack front wheel first. 

So much empty space, no way to use it.

How else do you park a bike in a rack?  :think:  Never thought of it...I have a shack, no rack.  And if I ride it somewhere, I put the stand down or drop it on the ground. 

When there is a minor fender bender and the people involved feel the need to stop and exchange info right where the collision happened.

Yesterday on my way home from work, there was a collision in the left lane of the perimeter (closest thing to a freeway we have in Winnipeg, 100km/h speed limit) and the people stopped in the left lane, got out of their cars are were exchanging info, talking on cell phone, etc. in the left lane. None of the cars involved (there were three) appeared to be un-driveable so why don't they move to the shoulder instead of blocking the passing lane...  ???

The idiots around Wpg can be surprising sometimes.  Saw one last week parked on the corner of St Mary's & the perimeter, like his car stalled partway making the left turn to go east...and he was just sitting in his car, half-assed off the shoulder, blocking east and turning east bound traffic off St M's.  Week or two before that, saw a truck hit a car beside us.  Tapped the bumper but you could hear it through closed windows, so a good tap.  Looked like it was OK, but still, he hit her.  She pulls onto the shoulder (same intersection too) going east after the light turns green, he follows her and the moment she's pulled right over he floors it and keeps on going.  Couldn't catch up to him with the trailer or I would've had my kid call his plate in if we caught up.   

Offline tortoise

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +236/-453
    • View Profile
« Reply #1656 on: August 30, 2017, 02:39:03 pm »
How else do you park a bike in a rack?  :think:  Never thought of it...I have a shack, no rack.  And if I ride it somewhere, I put the stand down or drop it on the ground. 

Put the back tire in the rack.  That way the handlebars aren't taking up three spaces.

Offline tpl

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +298/-675
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2022 Taos
« Reply #1657 on: August 30, 2017, 04:36:38 pm »

There are signs on the urban expressways around TO telling you to move to the side if the car is driveable...no idea if anyone pays attention to that.
The most radical revolutionary will become a conservative the day after the revolution.

Offline draghon

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +20/-27
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Mine [07 Civic SI coupe] Wife [23 Sienna XSE AWD]
« Reply #1658 on: August 30, 2017, 05:19:10 pm »

There are signs on the urban expressways around TO telling you to move to the side if the car is driveable...no idea if anyone pays attention to that.

We do not have signs like that in Winnipeg but if there were they would simply be ignored along with the "slower traffic keep right" signs.

Offline BWII

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +188/-376
    • View Profile
« Reply #1659 on: September 06, 2017, 09:23:59 am »
Smudging.   :-X :hurl: So stinky.