Author Topic: Little Things That Irritate Me  (Read 1110002 times)

Offline ArticSteve

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +310/-6812
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Hobby Car: 15 Mustang Vert, V6, manual, 3.55 lsd; 2024 MDX Aspec; 2022 F150 TREMOR lifted
Re: Little Things That Irritate Me
« Reply #1420 on: June 23, 2017, 10:47:49 pm »
What's with the growth in BMW key fobs?  Here is our 2011 compared to a 2017. The new one is pretty awkward to carry in a pocket.

Must be the same cycles as cell phones.  Big, small, now big again.
+1. I remember when mobile phones were meant to be...well, mobile. Now my current smartphone (a 5") is too big to carry comfortably in the pocket, so I guess my next phone I'm going to try and downsize.
I had a bag phone.  So the new ones they are still small for me  :rofl:

Same age and same bag phone.  3 watts and worked well in the hinterland circa 1987.

Offline sailor723

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +416/-1000
    • View Profile
  • Cars: '17 BMW X5 Xdrive35i, '11 BMW 328iXdrive,
« Reply #1421 on: June 26, 2017, 02:48:02 pm »
What's with the growth in BMW key fobs?  Here is our 2011 compared to a 2017. The new one is pretty awkward to carry in a pocket.

Must be the same cycles as cell phones.  Big, small, now big again.
+1. I remember when mobile phones were meant to be...well, mobile. Now my current smartphone (a 5") is too big to carry comfortably in the pocket, so I guess my next phone I'm going to try and downsize.
I had a bag phone.  So the new ones they are still small for me  :rofl:

Same age and same bag phone.  3 watts and worked well in the hinterland circa 1987.

I had the same one too. Worked out on the boat where handhelds wouldn't.
Old Jag convertible...one itch I won't have to scratch again.

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1254/-7210
    • View Profile
« Reply #1422 on: June 26, 2017, 06:18:07 pm »
I live on a very quiet cul-de-sac.  Twice a day, I have to navigate a gauntlet of cars parked at the end of the street.  Why?  Parents dropping their kids off at the end of the street to catch the bus.

The stupid part in all of this?  None of the kids live farther than 200m away from the end of the street.

Generation snowflake...
How fast is my 911?  Supras sh*t on on me all the time...in reverse..with blown turbos  :( ...

Offline KD

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +359/-263
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2017 Frontier Pro-4X, 2013 Lexus GS-350
« Reply #1423 on: June 26, 2017, 08:30:15 pm »
I live on a very quiet cul-de-sac.  Twice a day, I have to navigate a gauntlet of cars parked at the end of the street.  Why?  Parents dropping their kids off at the end of the street to catch the bus.

The stupid part in all of this?  None of the kids live farther than 200m away from the end of the street.

Generation snowflake...

I see this every school day.  There is a line of vehicles queued up waiting for the bus at the end of every subdivision regardless of weather.

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1424 on: June 26, 2017, 08:39:37 pm »

Generation snowflake...

I see this every school day.  There is a line of vehicles queued up waiting for the bus at the end of every subdivision regardless of weather.

I understand raining (maybe) and if they live a long way away for large areas where there's only one bus pick-up area.  But this is 200 meters!  FFS...

Offline johngenx

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +758/-938
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2009 Toyota Corolla, 2004 Toyota Highlander V-6 4WD, 2001 Subaru Forester, 1994 Mazda Miata
« Reply #1425 on: June 26, 2017, 08:41:51 pm »

Generation snowflake...

I have the same issue, but the school is actually right there.  Parents encourage their kids to run out between parked cars, etc.  It's nuts.  There was an elementary aged child killed the other day in Edmonton from doing exactly that.

And people drive their kids ridiculously short distances.  Why?  SAFETY.  FML.  The #1 killer of children is cars.

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1426 on: June 28, 2017, 09:20:14 pm »
A 3-4mm piece of steel sliver in your knuckle joint sure gets your attention!

Offline Bubba

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +382/-442
  • Vice President, Autos.ca Arizona Operations
    • View Profile
    • My photo site
  • Cars: 2013 Toyota Corolla LE
« Reply #1427 on: June 28, 2017, 09:30:58 pm »
Ow ow ow ow.
My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government. - Thomas Jefferson

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1428 on: June 28, 2017, 09:57:49 pm »
Ow ow ow ow.

Yea, doesn't look bad...but sure feels like an electric jolt!!   :o

Happens frequently...but you never get used to it!   :rofl2:

Offline sailor723

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1429 on: July 01, 2017, 02:54:52 pm »
Grocery stores that are open extended hours or on holidays but aren't fully staffed .....no butcher present, no manned seafood counter, fresh bakery section empty,produce dept not restocked etc etc

If you are going to open ...be fully open!  >:(

Offline Ex-airbalancer

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +729/-1584
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2011 Silverado 1500 LTZ ext ended cab , 2013 Lexus RX-350 F Sport
« Reply #1430 on: July 01, 2017, 03:43:28 pm »
Grocery stores that are open extended hours or on holidays but aren't fully staffed .....no butcher present, no manned seafood counter, fresh bakery section empty,produce dept not restocked etc etc

If you are going to open ...be fully open!  >:(
I think they should just stay closed, so old farts like you don't have to get pissed off  :D

Offline aquadorhj

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +271/-265
    • View Profile
  • Cars: MB SLK 55, Lexus NX, E46 M3, Honda Fit, VW Jetta, VW Rabbit, Saturn SC, Nissan NX,
« Reply #1431 on: July 03, 2017, 09:02:05 am »
was organizing the garage and threw my back out standing from squat.    that was saturday morning.  still sore and stiff as a board. :(

my back's been ok for last number of years, not sure why it's acting up now.

Driving thrills makes my wallet lighter.. and therefore makes me faster because i'm shedding weight... :D

Offline tenpenny

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +137/-305
    • View Profile
« Reply #1432 on: July 03, 2017, 09:54:09 am »
Sitting with a coffee out on the deck, lazily reading through Saturday's Globe and Mail, I decided to read Ian Brown's article about a bus Tour from Toronto to the Maritimes and back.

Day one, Toronto to Ottawa then Montreal.
Day two, stop for bathroom break in Belleville.  What? 
A few days later, Peggy's cove, then the hopewell rocks in NB, then Halifax, then PEI, then Moncton and Saint John.

Who's driving that bus?  I can only assume that Ian shuffled his notes, wrote them in random order, and no editor ever read the story, or that the driver is insane.

Sent from my Vic20 using Java Moose
My diesel car self-identifies as an electric vehicle.

Offline sailor723

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1433 on: July 03, 2017, 10:04:02 am »
Sitting with a coffee out on the deck, lazily reading through Saturday's Globe and Mail, I decided to read Ian Brown's article about a bus Tour from Toronto to the Maritimes and back.

Day one, Toronto to Ottawa then Montreal.
Day two, stop for bathroom break in Belleville.  What? 
A few days later, Peggy's cove, then the hopewell rocks in NB, then Halifax, then PEI, then Moncton and Saint John.

Who's driving that bus?  I can only assume that Ian shuffled his notes, wrote them in random order, and no editor ever read the story, or that the driver is insane.

Sent from my Vic20 using Java Moose

Bizarre  ::)

Offline BWII

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +188/-376
    • View Profile
« Reply #1434 on: July 06, 2017, 02:26:41 pm »
People who can't move over on their bikes...driving this street, parking lane completely empty on the right, and numbnuts is driving on the split line.  Grrrrr...

No problem if there isn't another car coming (there was)...and not like he was distracted...(then I'd get it...)

But he wasn't...just dawdling along...hardly a care in the world...didn't move a frickin' inch.  Just going to work...la-dee-da.... :bang:
« Last Edit: July 07, 2017, 01:20:19 am by BWII »

Offline Gurgie

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +308/-518
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2019 Honda Passport Touring
« Reply #1435 on: July 06, 2017, 02:31:54 pm »
^what? I lost track after I saw the female cyclist  :rofl:
You live everyday. You only die once....

Offline Bulkley

• Learner's Permit
  • Carma: +13/-2
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2018 Crosstrek, 2023 Leaf
« Reply #1436 on: July 06, 2017, 05:23:25 pm »
People who can't move over on their bikes...

That's not just irritating, it's dangerous.  There is a four lane highway near me with a bike lane either side and some bikers insist on riding with their wheels on the white line.  That means that handlebars, elbows and hips are sticking out into the traffic lane and that traffic is going 100kpm or more.  It doesn't matter what the cyclists rights are; getting hit means the cyclist loses. 

Offline 84im

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +24/-81
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2015 BMW X1, 2003 Chevy Tracker, 1974 VW Dune Buggy, and 1974 VW Thing
« Reply #1437 on: July 06, 2017, 05:38:35 pm »

That's not just irritating, it's dangerous.  There is a four lane highway near me with a bike lane either side and some bikers insist on riding with their wheels on the white line.  That means that handlebars, elbows and hips are sticking out into the traffic lane and that traffic is going 100kpm or more.  It doesn't matter what the cyclists rights are; getting hit means the cyclist loses.

9 times out of 10 you'll find that cyclists ride on or near the white line because the 'bike lane' is littered with gravel, which can be dangerous.
That being said, I'd rather ride over the gravel than ride near cars doing 100+ kph.  Even better, I'd find another route.
A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kickboxing.

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1438 on: July 06, 2017, 05:39:23 pm »

I hate it more when a group of cyclist when one in the pack decides to zig out...like without looking...just into the traffic lane.

Offline BWII

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +188/-376
    • View Profile
« Reply #1439 on: July 07, 2017, 01:18:39 am »
Dammit...looks like I need to find another photo hosting site or start a new P-Bucket account.  $400/yr to be able to post pics? Fack...irritated.  Apparently this
https://www.theverge.com/2017/7/4/15919224/photobucket-broken-images-amazon-ebay-etsy-paid-update