Author Topic: Little Things That Irritate Me  (Read 1110116 times)

Offline Lower Level

• Auto Obsessed
  • Carma: +40/-82
  • Roadrash
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 1985 Oldsmobile Delta 88 Royale, 1989 Dodge B250 aka The BEAST.
Re: Little Things That Irritate Me
« Reply #1340 on: May 02, 2017, 10:50:07 pm »
If I answer the phone and the pause after I say Hello is more than about a second and a half I hang up. And same for ANY automated call, "click". I had a company we deal with once tell my wife off because they'd been "trying to contact" us for months and couldn't because of ,y policy. My wife told them simply, "If you want to talk to my customer than don't use a machine to make the call. He won't answer."

I also like to play with those guys from India who what to service my computer. My kids LOVE when they call and I answer. They haven't called in over a year though. My kids and wife think I'm on a blacklist and those guys are afraid of me now.  :rofl2:
Den
Reporter: "How does it feel being Henry Ford II?"
HF II: "I wouldn't know, I've never been anyone else."

Offline BWII

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +188/-376
    • View Profile
« Reply #1341 on: May 03, 2017, 12:04:45 am »
If I answer the phone and the pause after I say Hello is more than about a second and a half I hang up. And same for ANY automated call, "click".

Haha! Ditto.  If you don't say something soon, click, you're gone.  Trouble with that though is that sometimes (too often) a Dr's office will call with the same stupid method and I'll have blocked the number and now they can't get trough at all.  Oops.  Sometimes you still have to give them a 2nd chance....3 seconds...and I'm out.

Offline tpl

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +298/-675
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2022 Taos
« Reply #1342 on: May 03, 2017, 05:13:37 am »
If I answer the phone and the pause after I say Hello is more than about a second and a half I hang up. And same for ANY automated call, "click".

Haha! Ditto.  If you don't say something soon, click, you're gone.  Trouble with that though is that sometimes (too often) a Dr's office will call with the same stupid method and I'll have blocked the number and now they can't get trough at all.  Oops.  Sometimes you still have to give them a 2nd chance....3 seconds...and I'm out.
We just have the Doctor's office number programmed into the phones.    As at least one of mrs tpl's docs calls came with no callerid, not even the number as, presumably, they did not want to be called themselves.
The most radical revolutionary will become a conservative the day after the revolution.

Offline mmret

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +240/-570
    • View Profile
« Reply #1343 on: May 03, 2017, 07:29:07 am »
Automated calls make no sense in this day and age. Text or email so I can not waste my time.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

You can't just have your characters announce how they feel.
That makes me feel angry!

Present: 15.5 V60 T6 + Polestar, 17 MDX
Sometimes Borrow: 11 GLK350
Dark and Twisted Past: 13 TL AWD, 07 Z4 3.0si, 07 CLK550, 06 TSX, 07 Civic, 01 Grandma!

Offline BWII

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1344 on: May 03, 2017, 07:55:57 am »
Coming in to work early...and the feckin' programs I need to open so I can work...won't open.  For some reason it's only those that open using Windows IE...my FFox works fine...grr.  Re-start...again..see if that works.  Though my guess is that's what fecked it up in the first place.  Change your password...fukc up your day.  >:(  Could've slept longer.

Offline tenpenny

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +137/-305
    • View Profile
« Reply #1345 on: May 03, 2017, 10:07:11 am »
If I answer the phone and the pause after I say Hello is more than about a second and a half I hang up. And same for ANY automated call, "click". I had a company we deal with once tell my wife off because they'd been "trying to contact" us for months and couldn't because of ,y policy. My wife told them simply, "If you want to talk to my customer than don't use a machine to make the call. He won't answer."

I also like to play with those guys from India who what to service my computer. My kids LOVE when they call and I answer. They haven't called in over a year though. My kids and wife think I'm on a blacklist and those guys are afraid of me now.  :rofl2:

The few times I answer the phone when I don't recognize the number, I don't say anything.  Not even 'hello'.  If it's a real person, they'll say 'Hello?  Hello?', whereas the auto diallers just hang up.
My diesel car self-identifies as an electric vehicle.

Offline johngenx

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +758/-938
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2009 Toyota Corolla, 2004 Toyota Highlander V-6 4WD, 2001 Subaru Forester, 1994 Mazda Miata
« Reply #1346 on: May 03, 2017, 11:50:51 am »
Just got back from taking the kid to the orthodontist.  Evidently this is going to be a "life long" process of maintaining those perfectly straight pearly-whites.  Looking forward to the day when she's paying for this, not me.  Ugh.  I think our benefit coverage amounts are from the 1970s, 'cause it barely made a dent in this whole thing - it didn't even cover the original deposit when we started the process.

The office looks like a freakin' palace.  Maybe stop rubbing in my face how much this all costs?

Offline OliverD

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +255/-770
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2011 BMW 328i Touring, 1998 Jaguar XJR, 2024 Mini Cooper S
« Reply #1347 on: May 03, 2017, 11:54:01 am »
It's certainly a lucrative business. There's a local orthodontist who's also a pilot. He flies his plane to his practice in Nova Scotia twice a week.

Offline quadzilla

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +391/-634
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2022 Rock'n Rolla Nightstalker
« Reply #1348 on: May 03, 2017, 02:53:19 pm »
Just got back from taking the kid to the orthodontist.  Evidently this is going to be a "life long" process of maintaining those perfectly straight pearly-whites. Looking forward to the day when she's paying for this, not me.  Ugh.  I think our benefit coverage amounts are from the 1970s, 'cause it barely made a dent in this whole thing - it didn't even cover the original deposit when we started the process.

The office looks like a freakin' palace.  Maybe stop rubbing in my face how much this all costs?

Seems like every business like to upsell and keep you on the hook.  ;D

You don't have to answer but unless your daughter has a serious issue with her teeth/gums, why would this be a life project?

Offline johngenx

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +758/-938
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2009 Toyota Corolla, 2004 Toyota Highlander V-6 4WD, 2001 Subaru Forester, 1994 Mazda Miata
« Reply #1349 on: May 03, 2017, 03:05:45 pm »
Once the braces come off, a lot of patients teeth will slowly go back to being crooked - and this includes my daughter.  So, we figure after investing $10K+ on those straight teeth, we figured we should try to keep them that way.

So more progress appointments and measurements and castings and new retainers, etc etc.  It's $175 to walk through the rood and then any appliances/work on top of that.

Offline quadzilla

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +391/-634
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2022 Rock'n Rolla Nightstalker
« Reply #1350 on: May 03, 2017, 03:12:23 pm »
Gotcha. So I guess she will have a million dollar smile then.

Offline tenpenny

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +137/-305
    • View Profile
« Reply #1351 on: May 03, 2017, 03:41:01 pm »
Once the braces come off, a lot of patients teeth will slowly go back to being crooked - and this includes my daughter.  So, we figure after investing $10K+ on those straight teeth, we figured we should try to keep them that way.

So more progress appointments and measurements and castings and new retainers, etc etc.  It's $175 to walk through the rood and then any appliances/work on top of that.

Yep, wear that retainer forever, etc etc.  My dental plan covered exactly $0 of ortho work.  At least it was an income tax deduction.

Offline CanuckS2K

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +398/-316
    • View Profile
    • Prestige Auto Detail
  • Cars: 1991 Toyota MR2 Turbo, 2005 Honda S2000, 2014 Infiniti Q50S, 2017 Ford F-150 Lariat
« Reply #1352 on: May 04, 2017, 07:19:59 pm »
Never fails, Air Canada flight delayed.   >:(
Owner - Prestige Auto Detailing & Hammond River Brewing

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1254/-7210
    • View Profile
« Reply #1353 on: May 04, 2017, 09:47:59 pm »
Can I go a full week without someone knocking at my door asking for my money...Phookin vultures are out.

My old doormat

How fast is my 911?  Supras sh*t on on me all the time...in reverse..with blown turbos  :( ...

Offline Lower Level

• Auto Obsessed
  • Carma: +40/-82
  • Roadrash
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 1985 Oldsmobile Delta 88 Royale, 1989 Dodge B250 aka The BEAST.
« Reply #1354 on: May 04, 2017, 11:10:10 pm »
Can I go a full week without someone knocking at my door asking for my money...Phookin vultures are out.

Do like me. Don't answer the door. ;D

Offline ChaosphereIX

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +187/-377
  • Wont run with the pack
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2015 Jaguar XJR-L
« Reply #1355 on: May 04, 2017, 11:15:38 pm »

Do like me. Don't answer the door. ;D

haha I dont have that problem, my dog "politely" tells them to go away :P
If driving an Alfa does not restore vitality to your soul, then just pass the hospital and park at the morgue to save everyone time.

Now drives a Jaaaaaaag...and thus will not pay for anything during an outing...but it is OK, because....I drive a Jaaaaaag.

Offline BWII

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1356 on: May 04, 2017, 11:51:39 pm »

Probably still better than having 5-10 illegals banging on your doors at 4 AM and ringing the doorbell over and over again...happened to our friends last night, and he only got off work at 12.  Didn't sleep another wink after that.

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1254/-7210
    • View Profile
« Reply #1357 on: May 04, 2017, 11:58:51 pm »
I like my new doorbell....I can see who's at the door before they ring.  And can tell them to go away even if I'm not home.   ;D

Here's someone dropping oil off at my house...

https://ring.com/share/3072266700

Amazon delivery!

https://ring.com/share/3071386955

« Last Edit: May 05, 2017, 12:03:55 am by rrocket »

Offline KD

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +359/-263
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2017 Frontier Pro-4X, 2013 Lexus GS-350
« Reply #1358 on: May 05, 2017, 01:13:05 pm »
Those late Friday afternoon calls from the 514 area code!  Now I have a 2 hour drive ahead of me and goodness knows what kind of :censor: I'm getting myself into when I get there!   :P

Offline BWII

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1359 on: May 06, 2017, 01:42:56 am »

Probably still better than having 5-10 illegals banging on your doors at 4 AM and ringing the doorbell over and over again...happened to our friends last night, and he only got off work at 12.  Didn't sleep another wink after that.

illegals...what for?

For crossing the border illegally into Canada. Of course the town crackpot calls her out... :P https://youtu.be/rhLsgem6deU  She's an idiot.