Author Topic: Little Things That Irritate Me  (Read 1110438 times)

Offline wing

• Big Wig
  • Administrator
  • Carma: +279/-320
  • If you ain't first ... you're last!
    • View Profile
    • Drivesideways
  • Cars: 2009 Lexus ISF, 2009 Lexus LX570,2011 Audi A5 Touring Car
Re: Little Things That Irritate Me
« Reply #1200 on: April 14, 2017, 10:00:32 pm »
Washed the truck, someone hit it, bumper has cracked paint.  Argh. 

Offline aquadorhj

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +271/-265
    • View Profile
  • Cars: MB SLK 55, Lexus NX, E46 M3, Honda Fit, VW Jetta, VW Rabbit, Saturn SC, Nissan NX,
« Reply #1201 on: April 15, 2017, 11:09:45 am »
This old facker in ford escape was going speed limit in the left lane right beside this old guy in e-class going just above speed limit. 

I was behind the escape and this facker brake checks me but by this time eclass finished passing him so i drive around him and he goes nuts flashing me and waving the middle finger and chases me. 

If he was driving like that in the first place, i wouldnt have had to pass him in the first place.   Fack.

Once he chased me i also returned the one finger salute and i regret doing that. 

Why do people brake check anyway?  Moving over is much safer.  I am ashamed for taking the bait though.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2017, 11:46:34 am by aquadorhj »

Driving thrills makes my wallet lighter.. and therefore makes me faster because i'm shedding weight... :D

Offline blur911

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +244/-779
  • Nasty Weasel
    • View Profile
  • Cars: and bikes by age:BMW, Porsche, Subaru, Suzuki, Suzuki, Mazda, Jaguar, Kawasaki, Porsche, GMC, Suzuki
« Reply #1202 on: April 15, 2017, 12:01:48 pm »
This old facker in ford escape was going speed limit in the left lane right beside this old guy in e-class going just above speed limit. 

I was behind the escape and this facker brake checks me but by this time eclass finished passing him so i drive around him and he goes nuts flashing me and waving the middle finger and chases me. 

If he was driving like that in the first place, i wouldnt have had to pass him in the first place.   Fack.

Once he chased me i also returned the one finger salute and i regret doing that. 

Why do people brake check anyway?  Moving over is much safer.  I am ashamed for taking the bait though.

A brake check in Ontario makes you a stunter, you lose your license and car for a week, then go to court and pay thousands more, oh yeah, another thousand or so in impound fees on top of that.
Mr Pickypants

Offline Solstice2006

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +245/-468
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2008 Hyundai Entourage, 2007 Buick Lucerne
« Reply #1203 on: April 15, 2017, 01:21:46 pm »
kind of hard to prove, it's hear say...

Offline blur911

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +244/-779
  • Nasty Weasel
    • View Profile
  • Cars: and bikes by age:BMW, Porsche, Subaru, Suzuki, Suzuki, Mazda, Jaguar, Kawasaki, Porsche, GMC, Suzuki
« Reply #1204 on: April 15, 2017, 01:35:15 pm »

No need to prove anything, you still immediately lose your license and car for a week, no refund on the impound fees.

Offline Solstice2006

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1205 on: April 15, 2017, 07:32:45 pm »

No need to prove anything, you still immediately lose your license and car for a week, no refund on the impound fees.

So if I called the cops, gave your plate number, and said you slammed on the brakes for no reason, they would take your license and car? 

Offline Lower Level

• Auto Obsessed
  • Carma: +40/-82
  • Roadrash
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 1985 Oldsmobile Delta 88 Royale, 1989 Dodge B250 aka The BEAST.
« Reply #1206 on: April 15, 2017, 10:07:52 pm »
Depending on who took the call, yes,

Of course one could do the exact same for the douche who's driving 2* off the rerer bumper, whether they're doing it or not.

That IS what the "STREEEEEEETTTTTTT RAAAAYYYYYYYCCCCIIIINNNNNNNG! Legislation is, Absolute Police State Power.

Wake some BluetoothZombie up whilst passing them? They decide you're "driving too fast": and call you in for "STREEEEEEEET RRRRAAAAYYYYYYCCCCIIINNNNG!!!!", no proof needed.

Welcome to Ontario.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2017, 10:15:00 pm by Lower Level »
Den
Reporter: "How does it feel being Henry Ford II?"
HF II: "I wouldn't know, I've never been anyone else."

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1254/-7210
    • View Profile
« Reply #1207 on: April 15, 2017, 10:13:24 pm »

So if I called the cops, gave your plate number, and said you slammed on the brakes for no reason, they would take your license and car?
Not that they would..But they COULD.

That's why I've been losing my :censor: over this law.
How fast is my 911?  Supras sh*t on on me all the time...in reverse..with blown turbos  :( ...

Offline sailor723

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +416/-1000
    • View Profile
  • Cars: '17 BMW X5 Xdrive35i, '11 BMW 328iXdrive,
« Reply #1208 on: April 16, 2017, 10:15:26 am »
Doing a test drive at a dealer 170km away and then thinking of 2-3 things you wanted to check/try/confirm on the car after you get home. ::)
Old Jag convertible...one itch I won't have to scratch again.

Offline Davep

• Auto Obsessed
  • Carma: +15/-14
    • View Profile
  • Cars: first car - 1965 Hillman Super Minx!!!
« Reply #1209 on: April 16, 2017, 10:26:34 am »
Doing a test drive at a dealer 170km away and then thinking of 2-3 things you wanted to check/try/confirm on the car after you get home. ::)

Do what I do. Make and list . . , and forget to look at it.  :rofl2:

Offline Patrick_D1

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +100/-104
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2024 GTI, 2024 Tiguan R-Line Black
« Reply #1210 on: April 17, 2017, 05:52:42 am »
It's irritating when your brain doesn't work as well on Sunday. Finally got around to doing my taxes. Mine are simple, so I just buy a cheap TurboTax license and knock them out in 30 minutes or so.

The way TurboTax does it, you key in information, then income, then deductions (as is logical). It tallies your rebate/amount owed in real time and shows it on the side. After typing in the income info for me and my wife, I see a big amount owing. Cue the instant frustration and anger, rather than remembering I hadn't keyed in my RRSP deductions yet. Oh, now it's a few thousand in refunds. Crisis averted  :rofl2:
Manual gearbox evangelist. Die-hard automotive and motorsport enthusiast. Often found covered in mud.

Offline mlin32

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +65/-419
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2017 Peugeot 308 GT; 2015 Yamaha YZF-R3
« Reply #1211 on: April 17, 2017, 07:20:29 am »
Lufthansa reliability. We all boarded the A340-600 in München, pulled from the gate.....and the pilot could not start one of the 4 engines, and LH Technik can't fix it. So now waiting for busses to take us back to the terminal and we will swap onto another aircraft.

Good thing I planned an extra day in NY before my home flight. Somehow LH screws it up every time.

Hint: take Air France if you want hassle free travel.
ø cons: Peugeot 308: Yamaha R3 [/URL]

Offline Solstice2006

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1212 on: April 17, 2017, 09:02:19 am »
Lufthansa reliability. We all boarded the A340-600 in München, pulled from the gate.....and the pilot could not start one of the 4 engines, and LH Technik can't fix it. So now waiting for busses to take us back to the terminal and we will swap onto another aircraft.

Good thing I planned an extra day in NY before my home flight. Somehow LH screws it up every time.

Hint: take Air France if you want hassle free travel.

Always have, or KLM with is basically the same thing.

Offline tenpenny

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +137/-305
    • View Profile
« Reply #1213 on: April 18, 2017, 05:03:06 pm »
Picked up the latest Canadian Tire catalog, or 'Wow Guide' as they call it.  It's laid out like a magazine, and is pretty much useless.  Looking at string trimmers, on p48-49, and the artistic presentation doesn't show most of the trimmers in their entirety.  They're all cut off to make the page look artsy.

What's the point?

Sent from my Vic20 using Java Moose
My diesel car self-identifies as an electric vehicle.

Offline wing

• Big Wig
  • Administrator
  • Carma: +279/-320
  • If you ain't first ... you're last!
    • View Profile
    • Drivesideways
  • Cars: 2009 Lexus ISF, 2009 Lexus LX570,2011 Audi A5 Touring Car
« Reply #1214 on: April 18, 2017, 08:46:24 pm »
It's irritating when your brain doesn't work as well on Sunday. Finally got around to doing my taxes. Mine are simple, so I just buy a cheap TurboTax license and knock them out in 30 minutes or so.

The way TurboTax does it, you key in information, then income, then deductions (as is logical). It tallies your rebate/amount owed in real time and shows it on the side. After typing in the income info for me and my wife, I see a big amount owing. Cue the instant frustration and anger, rather than remembering I hadn't keyed in my RRSP deductions yet. Oh, now it's a few thousand in refunds. Crisis averted  :rofl2:
Next year save the money and use studio tax.  It's free

Offline BWII

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +188/-376
    • View Profile
« Reply #1215 on: April 18, 2017, 09:40:49 pm »
Turbo tax is free online too.  That's what used this year.  Always paid for it but you can't buy it for an Apple (either to download and/or there's nowhere to stick in a disc anyway), then discovered it's free.  ::) Saved $30 + taxes.

Offline Solstice2006

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1216 on: April 19, 2017, 08:07:03 am »
Picked up the latest Canadian Tire catalog, or 'Wow Guide' as they call it.  It's laid out like a magazine, and is pretty much useless.  Looking at string trimmers, on p48-49, and the artistic presentation doesn't show most of the trimmers in their entirety.  They're all cut off to make the page look artsy.

What's the point?

Sent from my Vic20 using Java Moose

Straight to recycle bin when it came in the mail...

Offline mlin32

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +65/-419
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2017 Peugeot 308 GT; 2015 Yamaha YZF-R3
« Reply #1217 on: April 19, 2017, 10:25:35 am »
Stopped by the Nespresso boutique in Toulouse a few days ago, a box of 10 capsules costs from 3,50€.

In comparison, it costs twice that in the US. So of course, I grabbed a couple boxes.

I bought jeans, shoes, gifts for parents, and more.....way better quality and style, yet at a lower cost.

Why the **** does stuff just have to cost more on this side of the atlantic?

Offline ChaosphereIX

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +187/-377
  • Wont run with the pack
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2015 Jaguar XJR-L
« Reply #1218 on: April 19, 2017, 10:34:58 am »
Stopped by the Nespresso boutique in Toulouse a few days ago, a box of 10 capsules costs from 3,50€.

In comparison, it costs twice that in the US. So of course, I grabbed a couple boxes.

I bought jeans, shoes, gifts for parents, and more.....way better quality and style, yet at a lower cost.

try buying things in Australia...now that is crazy pricing.
If driving an Alfa does not restore vitality to your soul, then just pass the hospital and park at the morgue to save everyone time.

Now drives a Jaaaaaaag...and thus will not pay for anything during an outing...but it is OK, because....I drive a Jaaaaaag.

Offline Solstice2006

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1219 on: April 19, 2017, 10:39:42 am »

That's funny, whenever my Mom comes from Barcelona, she spends $1k-2k on clothes because it's cheaper here, especially in the US.  And she comes today for 26 days. 

Good thing I don't have Nespresso, I wouldn't pay more for then 50 cents for making my own coffee at home.