Author Topic: Little Things That Irritate Me  (Read 1110439 times)

Offline Fobroader

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1424/-2121
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2020 Toyota Tundra, 2021 Lexus GX460, 2018 Kawasaki Versys X300
Re: Little Things That Irritate Me
« Reply #1180 on: April 13, 2017, 02:20:00 pm »
I get them caring if you have full or liability only coverage....but deductible and liability...how does that affect them in the least?!?!?!
Lighten up Francis.....

Offline Cord

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +104/-115
    • View Profile
« Reply #1181 on: April 13, 2017, 02:28:47 pm »
Re: Liability. If you ram into a van and kill 5 kids, I'd guess that as the owner of the car, VW Finance could find itself as a defendant in the potential lawsuits.

Re: Deductible. Again, as owner of the car VW Finance has some stake in how the car is maintained. Someone with a $2000 deductible is unlikely to repair the damage that someone with a $200 deductible would. Sure, they could sue if you returned the car with a bunch of unrepaired damage. But I'm sure they'd prefer that it just be repaired through your insurance in the first place.
"If we can just believe something then we don't have to really think for ourselves, do we?" Paul Haggis

Offline Sir Osis of Liver

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1376/-1726
  • Ramblin' man
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2017 KTM DUKE 390, 2019 VW Jetta GLI 35th Anniversary
« Reply #1182 on: April 13, 2017, 02:35:37 pm »
Re: Liability. If you ram into a van and kill 5 kids, I'd guess that as the owner of the car, VW Finance could find itself as a defendant in the potential lawsuits.

Re: Deductible. Again, as owner of the car VW Finance has some stake in how the car is maintained. Someone with a $2000 deductible is unlikely to repair the damage that someone with a $200 deductible would. Sure, they could sue if you returned the car with a bunch of unrepaired damage. But I'm sure they'd prefer that it just be repaired through your insurance in the first place.

It's all government insurance here and liability is limited. Out of province is another matter.

And the weird thing about the deductible is that they want me to increase it from SGI's standard $700 to $1000.
On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last, and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.

H. L. Mencken

Offline Cord

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +104/-115
    • View Profile
« Reply #1183 on: April 13, 2017, 02:40:13 pm »

It's all government insurance here and liability is limited. Out of province is another matter.

And the weird thing about the deductible is that they want me to increase it from SGI's standard $700 to $1000.

In that case, they are all facked.

Offline johngenx

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +758/-938
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2009 Toyota Corolla, 2004 Toyota Highlander V-6 4WD, 2001 Subaru Forester, 1994 Mazda Miata
« Reply #1184 on: April 13, 2017, 02:58:40 pm »
Oh, you are leasing - ah.  Then I get some of the questions, but not this far into the lease, and I surely don't understand the desire to raise the deductible.  Weird.

Are you sure a disgruntled ex didn't get a job there?

• Car Crazy
  • Ramblin' man
    • View Profile
« Reply #1185 on: April 13, 2017, 03:34:48 pm »
I spoke with the very nice finance lady at the VW dealership. Her response made it obvious that she'd been 'round this route before.

Apparently it's the way insurance is documented here doesn't fit in the right boxes as far as VW Finance information systems. She said not to worry about it and she would look after it.

Result!   ;D

The last time I spoke with the former Lady O, she seemed fairly gruntled.  ;D

Offline Weels

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +253/-259
  • This is my happy face
    • View Profile
  • Cars: The 5's: 2023 Mazda CX-5, 2016 Mazda MX-5
« Reply #1186 on: April 13, 2017, 04:15:05 pm »
Project Managers.

One just sent me this email:

Good Afternoon Weels,

I understand that the scope of ‘xxxxxxxx’ is being reduced in order to reduce the sub-portfolio level Green $ resource augmentation reduced costs that are associated with the project (resource augmentation).

Maybe because it's late in the day (maybe not), but that gave me all kinds of this:

F&ck it.  It's beer time.

Offline Fobroader

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1424/-2121
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2020 Toyota Tundra, 2021 Lexus GX460, 2018 Kawasaki Versys X300
« Reply #1187 on: April 13, 2017, 04:16:59 pm »
Project Managers.

Good Afternoon Weels,

I understand that the scope of ‘xxxxxxxx’ is being reduced in order to reduce the sub-portfolio level Green $ resource augmentation reduced costs that are associated with the project (resource augmentation).

Maybe because it's late in the day (maybe not), but that gave me all kinds of this:

that was just words strung together....

Offline Hannibalsmith

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +101/-137
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2023 Porsche Cayman GTS 4.0, 2015 BMW 335i, 2021 Toyota 4Runner TRD Offroad
« Reply #1188 on: April 13, 2017, 04:17:55 pm »
Project Managers.

Good Afternoon Weels,

wtf...maybe he's already into his beer, or two, or three...
I love it when a plan comes together.

Online Gurgie

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +308/-518
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2019 Honda Passport Touring
« Reply #1189 on: April 13, 2017, 04:32:47 pm »
Project Managers.

Good Afternoon Weels,

wtf...maybe he's already into his beer, or two, or three...

:iagree:
You live everyday. You only die once....

Offline CanuckS2K

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +398/-316
    • View Profile
    • Prestige Auto Detail
  • Cars: 1991 Toyota MR2 Turbo, 2005 Honda S2000, 2014 Infiniti Q50S, 2017 Ford F-150 Lariat
« Reply #1190 on: April 13, 2017, 04:37:56 pm »
Project Managers.

Good Afternoon Weels,

LMAO.  One needs to have quite a number of beers in them to even remotely understand what he wrote.  Go have a few Brian, maybe it will become clear then.  lol
Owner - Prestige Auto Detailing & Hammond River Brewing

• Car Crazy
  • Ramblin' man
    • View Profile
« Reply #1191 on: April 13, 2017, 05:08:32 pm »
Project Managers.

Good Afternoon Weels,

In my business, PMs used to be senior engineers with tonnes of project and engineering experience. Lately they've been PMPs with little to no engineering background and no real project experience. They send and receive emails, call meetings, fill in Gantt charts and spout PMP jargon.

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1254/-7210
    • View Profile
« Reply #1192 on: April 13, 2017, 05:28:42 pm »
Project Managers.

Good Afternoon Weels,

The only thing that would have made this better is if the end was like:

Regards,

I like pie
How fast is my 911?  Supras sh*t on on me all the time...in reverse..with blown turbos  :( ...

• Car Crazy
  • Ramblin' man
    • View Profile
« Reply #1193 on: April 13, 2017, 05:51:29 pm »

Offline Brig

• Brig
  • Carma: +396/-1400
  • Class Clown, Moderatrix and Resident Hag
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2016 Mazda CX-3 GS AWD
« Reply #1194 on: April 13, 2017, 06:07:15 pm »
Project Managers.

Good Afternoon Weels,

Was this written by a millenial?  Or an old fart like us?

Oh, and get me those swim lanes.  I love me some good swim lanes.  And box and whisker diagrams, too!   :rofl2:

Offline pi314

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +59/-95
    • View Profile
  • Cars: VW Golf Sportwagen 4Motion 6MT ;Dearly Departed 2015 Honda Fit EX 6MT
« Reply #1195 on: April 13, 2017, 06:51:19 pm »
Project Managers.

Good Afternoon Weels,

In my business, PMs used to be senior engineers with tonnes of project and engineering experience. Lately they've been PMPs with little to no engineering background and no real project experience. They send and receive emails, call meetings, fill in Gantt charts and spout PMP jargon.

I have a family member who is an "Agile coach", that is to say the job is to coach software teams on how to do agile software development. This family member has not written code in at least 25 years. And didn't write code for long before that. Yet they are experts in managing software teams???

Offline Bubba

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +382/-442
  • Vice President, Autos.ca Arizona Operations
    • View Profile
    • My photo site
  • Cars: 2013 Toyota Corolla LE
« Reply #1196 on: April 13, 2017, 07:13:32 pm »
Staff that don't know the difference between "brake" and "break".
My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government. - Thomas Jefferson

Offline Scaerio

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +193/-127
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2013 Volvo C30 T5; all my exes: 2005 Suzuki Aerio SE, '02 Renault Clio, '93 Volvo 850 GLT, '78 MB W-123 230
« Reply #1197 on: April 14, 2017, 02:01:00 am »

Your kidding me.  (See what I did their?  ;D)
I'd rather be car-poor than house-poor...

Offline Bubba

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +382/-442
  • Vice President, Autos.ca Arizona Operations
    • View Profile
    • My photo site
  • Cars: 2013 Toyota Corolla LE
« Reply #1198 on: April 14, 2017, 03:02:10 am »

Your kidding me.  (See what I did their?  ;D)

;D

Offline Solstice2006

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +245/-468
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2008 Hyundai Entourage, 2007 Buick Lucerne
« Reply #1199 on: April 14, 2017, 08:18:23 pm »
I spoke with the very nice finance lady at the VW dealership. Her response made it obvious that she'd been 'round this route before.

Apparently it's the way insurance is documented here doesn't fit in the right boxes as far as VW Finance information systems. She said not to worry about it and she would look after it.

Result!   ;D

The last time I spoke with the former Lady O, she seemed fairly gruntled.  ;D

I lease the 6, and only have 1m liability.  It would be interesting if I were to receive the same letter, like you.  I would say here are the keys, you can take the car back.... You knew the terms of my insurance when I signed your contract.  Turn my 4 lease to a 2 year!