Author Topic: Little Things That Irritate Me  (Read 1110510 times)

Offline draghon

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +20/-27
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Mine [07 Civic SI coupe] Wife [23 Sienna XSE AWD]
Re: Little Things That Irritate Me
« Reply #1120 on: April 05, 2017, 05:37:42 pm »
And with backup camera's who needs a rear window anyways? /sarcasm
ex rides: 93 Aerostar XLT AWD
wife ex rides: 07 Wave base, 11 Tiguan Comfortline with sport package, 14 Acadia SLE II AWD

Offline BWII

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +188/-376
    • View Profile
« Reply #1121 on: April 06, 2017, 09:00:33 am »
I take an orange to work every day.  Put it on the ledge where the keys are so I don't forget to grab it on the way out.  This AM...huh! Where'd it go! Thinking my wife hid it on me, I figured I'd go ask her.  As I'm walking to the rear of the house, I see the dog, lying there in the living room, with an orange beside his head.  I go to get it and he picks it up...not sure if he was going to give it to me or not, he had this shamed look in his eyes, but he let it go no problem.  This time I decided not to keep it as there were a couple of puncture marks in it.  Probably not a big deal...but they are getting old so whatever.  Any other animal would've chewed it up...so maybe more funny than irritating.  Actually it is kinda funny.  Just takes it when no one's looking, then keeps it by him until someone comes to get it. Can I has it???
« Last Edit: April 06, 2017, 09:10:11 am by BWII »

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1254/-7210
    • View Profile
« Reply #1122 on: April 06, 2017, 10:39:04 am »
For the last hour, every ten minutes we are getting and unknown person, unknown number phone call. We let it go on the answering machine as we don't answer these type of calls, but no message is ever left. Bloody irritating.

Mrs. Slow Lane was getting the same type of call on her I phone, but at least there was a number, so we were able to track it to a scam from Jamaica. At least we were able to block that call.
Either Telemarketing or one of your bill payments is behind. They have an auto caller dial the number several times daily until the call is answered by a human.

I had accidentally paid my Bell bill wrong once and ended up owing 68 cents or something. And they were calling at least half a dozen times per day.
How fast is my 911?  Supras sh*t on on me all the time...in reverse..with blown turbos  :( ...

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1254/-7210
    • View Profile
« Reply #1123 on: April 06, 2017, 10:40:56 am »

I take an orange to work every day.  Put it on the ledge where the keys are so I don't forget to grab it on the way out.  This AM...huh! Where'd it go! Thinking my wife hid it on me, I figured I'd go ask her.  As I'm walking to the rear of the house, I see the dog, lying there in the living room, with an orange beside his head.  I go to get it and he picks it up...not sure if he was going to give it to me or not, he had this shamed look in his eyes, but he let it go no problem.  This time I decided not to keep it as there were a couple of puncture marks in it.  Probably not a big deal...but they are getting old so whatever.  Any other animal would've chewed it up...so maybe more funny than irritating.  Actually it is kinda funny.  Just takes it when no one's looking, then keeps it by him until someone comes to get it.

That's not an orange, man! That's a tennis ball! Lol

Offline Bubba

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +382/-442
  • Vice President, Autos.ca Arizona Operations
    • View Profile
    • My photo site
  • Cars: 2013 Toyota Corolla LE
« Reply #1124 on: April 06, 2017, 07:19:41 pm »

I take an orange to work every day.  Put it on the ledge where the keys are so I don't forget to grab it on the way out.  This AM...huh! Where'd it go! Thinking my wife hid it on me, I figured I'd go ask her.  As I'm walking to the rear of the house, I see the dog, lying there in the living room, with an orange beside his head.  I go to get it and he picks it up...not sure if he was going to give it to me or not, he had this shamed look in his eyes, but he let it go no problem.  This time I decided not to keep it as there were a couple of puncture marks in it.  Probably not a big deal...but they are getting old so whatever.  Any other animal would've chewed it up...so maybe more funny than irritating.  Actually it is kinda funny.  Just takes it when no one's looking, then keeps it by him until someone comes to get it.

That's not an orange, man! That's a tennis ball! Lol

That's what I was thinking.  "This tennis ball sure tastes funny."
My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government. - Thomas Jefferson

Offline mlin32

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +65/-419
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2017 Peugeot 308 GT; 2015 Yamaha YZF-R3
« Reply #1125 on: April 07, 2017, 05:57:47 pm »
Kind of annoyed the senator for my district shows up and drives a 130 k$ BMW 750Li xDrive.

Really? It's blatantly obvious with those special tags you've got. Try something a little more low-key if you're representing a district where the median income is under 40 k US$.  :thumbdown:
ø cons: Peugeot 308: Yamaha R3 [/URL]

Offline BWII

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +188/-376
    • View Profile
« Reply #1126 on: April 08, 2017, 09:52:19 am »
Why does the dog have to drink every effing time someone goes into the kitchen! He's lying down, you move he follows.  Slurp slurp slurp pause...slurp slurp slurp pause...30 seconds straight!! ARGH!! Fack!  You can't be thirsty anymore!! STOP FACKING DRINKING!!! Hate the fuhking sound of it.  Irritates the hell out of me... :banghead:

Maybe I should eat breakfast... >:(

Offline sailor723

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +416/-1000
    • View Profile
  • Cars: '17 BMW X5 Xdrive35i, '11 BMW 328iXdrive,
« Reply #1127 on: April 08, 2017, 10:11:10 am »
Why does the dog have to drink every effing time someone goes into the kitchen! He's lying down, you move he follows.  Slurp slurp slurp pause...slurp slurp slurp pause...30 seconds straight!! ARGH!! Fack!  You can't be thirsty anymore!! STOP FACKING DRINKING!!! Hate the fuhking sound of it.  Irritates the hell out of me... :banghead:

Maybe you're really a cat person.  ;)

(really handsome Golden BTW)
Old Jag convertible...one itch I won't have to scratch again.

Offline sailor723

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +416/-1000
    • View Profile
  • Cars: '17 BMW X5 Xdrive35i, '11 BMW 328iXdrive,
« Reply #1128 on: April 08, 2017, 10:15:25 am »
Stores with double doors that leave one side locked. I was going out of Indigo today at a good pace and the right hand door turned out to be locked....almost broke my wrist.

If it's out of order at least put a sign up.....otherwise, unlock the #@!*& door!

Offline KD

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +359/-263
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2017 Frontier Pro-4X, 2013 Lexus GS-350
« Reply #1129 on: April 08, 2017, 10:21:21 am »
Stores with double doors that leave one side locked. I was going out of Indigo today at a good pace and the right hand door turned out to be locked....almost broke my wrist.

If it's out of order at least put a sign up.....otherwise, unlock the #@!*& door!

Hah, I did that when I was at indigo one day last week! It was almost a face plant for me though as my hands were full and i used my elbow to push it open.  No sign on the door at all.   ::)

I also bought a book I already have!  :P

Offline Bubba

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +382/-442
  • Vice President, Autos.ca Arizona Operations
    • View Profile
    • My photo site
  • Cars: 2013 Toyota Corolla LE
« Reply #1130 on: April 08, 2017, 02:49:48 pm »

STOP SHAKING YOUR EYES!

Offline Scaerio

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +193/-127
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2013 Volvo C30 T5; all my exes: 2005 Suzuki Aerio SE, '02 Renault Clio, '93 Volvo 850 GLT, '78 MB W-123 230
« Reply #1131 on: April 08, 2017, 08:05:05 pm »

I call that "McGill Syndrome" because during my undergrad years it seemed like every time you came to a set of double doors anywhere on the downtown Montréal campus, one of them would be locked...
I'd rather be car-poor than house-poor...

Offline mlin32

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1132 on: April 09, 2017, 05:40:44 am »
Why the hell do I fly Lufthansa? Why do I put up with the typical German delays, non-punctuality, technical system glitches, and cut-rate service ?

I tell myself that its worth the 350$ I save......yes....it's worth it.......it's worth it.... :banghead:

Offline tortoise

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +236/-453
    • View Profile
« Reply #1133 on: April 09, 2017, 08:05:07 am »
https://youtu.be/q8LaT5Iiwo4

Sent from my XT1097 using Tapatalk

Only the slow and dim know where they're going in life, and seldom is it worth the trip. - Tom Robbins.

Offline blur911

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +244/-779
  • Nasty Weasel
    • View Profile
  • Cars: and bikes by age:BMW, Porsche, Subaru, Suzuki, Suzuki, Mazda, Jaguar, Kawasaki, Porsche, GMC, Suzuki
« Reply #1134 on: April 09, 2017, 08:35:56 am »
My better half and I have picked up some virus and have been feeling like crap all weekend. 
Weird symptoms though, headaches, body aches, my kidneys hurt sometimes, Lynn can't sleep, says her eyes hurt, no energy.

I really wanted to get some stuff done this weekend, the weather is great,  all I can do is sit on the couch and groan.
Mr Pickypants

Offline mmret

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +240/-570
    • View Profile
« Reply #1135 on: April 09, 2017, 09:00:54 am »
Why the hell do I fly Lufthansa? Why do I put up with the typical German delays, non-punctuality, technical system glitches, and cut-rate service ?

I tell myself that its worth the 350$ I save......yes....it's worth it.......it's worth it.... :banghead:
One memory of Lufthansa. Thin seats, but still comfy. Pretty nice actually.

One memory of Air France. Hot stewardesses everywhere.

Many memories of Air Canada. Everything is awful.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

You can't just have your characters announce how they feel.
That makes me feel angry!

Present: 15.5 V60 T6 + Polestar, 17 MDX
Sometimes Borrow: 11 GLK350
Dark and Twisted Past: 13 TL AWD, 07 Z4 3.0si, 07 CLK550, 06 TSX, 07 Civic, 01 Grandma!

Offline mmret

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +240/-570
    • View Profile
« Reply #1136 on: April 09, 2017, 09:37:45 am »
What a weird request Sir O.....I have never heard of that before. As for me, went through two double turning lanes today, both times had to brake and swerve because two separate twatwaffles refused to stay in their own lane  >:( >:(
If I had a 0,50€ piece everytime people messed up the double-turn lane.......

So what's you deal? What's with the use of foreign languages and cultural artifacts in your everyday conversations? Like what the :censor:? Are you trying to project that you're worldly? A cultural connoisseur? Are you confused? I'm really just honestly curious.

i initially thought that as well, but he and brigi...i mean fraufabissina had a tiff about use of french and things a little while back and he explained his position. 

i get it.  he's the 'euro guy'.  vman, you are the 'builder guy', mmret is the 'rich banker' guy, johnGX the 'bleeding heart' guy, canuck the 'brewmaster guy'.   that's his thing.  ;) ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
I'm a guy!

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Offline mlin32

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1137 on: April 09, 2017, 09:49:28 am »

One memory of Lufthansa. Thin seats, but still comfy. Pretty nice actually.

One memory of Air France. Hot stewardesses everywhere.

Many memories of Air Canada. Everything is awful.
We sat on the gate at JFK for 2h before finally departing because of a software glitch that caused discrepancies between who checked-in and who boarded. Luckily, I was not one of those with a tight connection, but I still had to go gate-to-gate at Frankfurt am Main with no time for rest. LH, like Deutsche Bahn, doesn't schedule much of a buffer into their timetables.

The pre-arrival snack was literally a muffin and 5 small pieces of fruit in a plastic dipping-sauce cup. At minimum, AF offered that, plus yoghurt and cheese.

Unfortunately, this is the 4th time LH has been substantially late and disappointed. I've only flown them 6 times, so this is a poor track record.

But I saved 350$. I saved 350$. Never mind that the Alitalia and AF flight directly next to our plane boarded and departed on time.

Offline Patrick_D1

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +100/-104
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2024 GTI, 2024 Tiguan R-Line Black
« Reply #1138 on: April 09, 2017, 11:23:13 am »
My better half and I have picked up some virus and have been feeling like crap all weekend. 
Weird symptoms though, headaches, body aches, my kidneys hurt sometimes, Lynn can't sleep, says her eyes hurt, no energy.

I really wanted to get some stuff done this weekend, the weather is great,  all I can do is sit on the couch and groan.

That's been my last 4 days. Took Thursday and Friday off work, first time in seven years I've taken two sick days consecutively (probably only my 4th or 5th sick days ever...). Normally I bounce colds in 2-3 days, but this one has been relentless. From first symptoms Wednesday morning, today is the first day I've started to see some light at the end of the tunnel.
Manual gearbox evangelist. Die-hard automotive and motorsport enthusiast. Often found covered in mud.

Offline EV-Light

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +125/-1490
    • View Profile
« Reply #1139 on: April 09, 2017, 11:48:24 am »
Kind of annoyed the senator for my district shows up and drives a 130 k$ BMW 750Li xDrive.

Really? It's blatantly obvious with those special tags you've got. Try something a little more low-key if you're representing a district where the median income is under 40 k US$.  :thumbdown:

Wtf! He is not buying American ughhh!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk