Author Topic: Little Things That Irritate Me  (Read 1110610 times)

Offline BWII

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +188/-376
    • View Profile
Re: Little Things That Irritate Me
« Reply #1060 on: April 02, 2017, 07:17:50 am »
People who leave the squeegee all full of gravel at the car wash. What did you do?  Run it under your wheel wells?  Frick... :banghead:

Offline sailor723

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +416/-1000
    • View Profile
  • Cars: '17 BMW X5 Xdrive35i, '11 BMW 328iXdrive,
« Reply #1061 on: April 02, 2017, 07:29:54 am »
Mother's searching for a car. So I happened across a white 320i sport locally and stopped by for a test drive. The car isn't remarkable enough to deserve its own thread.

Seriously...after everything that's been said about FGC on here, YTF would you even consider getting mom a BMW?  :think: :nono: Corolla. Camry. Hell get her a Fusion Sport (2010-2012  ;)) But a BMW?  Guess ya'all must be rich or something. 1%ers... And no Subaru either!  Domestic, cheap, reliable.  Maybe she'd like a Lucerne.  :hide:
This forum is kind of over the top when it comes to FGC bashing about reliability

Seriously, live a little.

C'mon...aint nothing but the gospel truth spoken here.  Anyone on here who's owned a BMW so far seems to have had issues with it.  I forget who, one of the New Brunswick guys (K2DSK?) had one for how long? A year?  Aqua spent how many $'s making repairs to his?  After how many kms on it? (I don't remember either, but it was a bunch).

As for living...dude...I drive a Sonic. Without air conditioning! Or CC!! But the damn thing's got a stick!  I do live little!  ;D I'm a golf (bad choice) bouncy baller!

I'll never get to even test drive one (any FGC) so not like I'll ever know.  I could barely get the Hyundai guy to let me take out a high end base model Sonata...hell no to the turbo Ltd! (Sheesh...it's a Hyundai man... ::)) Guess I don't look serious enough.  Pull up in a rusty Taurus and you get judged.  :P (that was back in '11)

BMW issues seem to be more model dependent than some other manufacturers. Our 328 will be 6 years old come September and we've done nothing but scheduled services and the rear brakes. Granted, it's low mileage but still.....
Old Jag convertible...one itch I won't have to scratch again.

Offline tenpenny

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +137/-305
    • View Profile
« Reply #1062 on: April 02, 2017, 03:09:26 pm »
Mother's searching for a car. So I happened across a white 320i sport locally and stopped by for a test drive. The car isn't remarkable enough to deserve its own thread.

Seriously...after everything that's been said about FGC on here, YTF would you even consider getting mom a BMW?  :think: :nono: Corolla. Camry. Hell get her a Fusion Sport (2010-2012  ;)) But a BMW?  Guess ya'all must be rich or something. 1%ers... And no Subaru either!  Domestic, cheap, reliable.  Maybe she'd like a Lucerne.  :hide:
This forum is kind of over the top when it comes to FGC bashing about reliability

Seriously, live a little.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

I know what you mean.  Baby boomers have ruined BMW and FGCs in general. 

Sent from my Vic20 using Java Moose
My diesel car self-identifies as an electric vehicle.

Offline mmret

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +240/-570
    • View Profile
« Reply #1063 on: April 02, 2017, 07:27:24 pm »

I know what you mean.  Baby boomers have ruined everything in general. 

Sent from my Vic20 using Java Moose

It's good that you see it my way. The correct way.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

You can't just have your characters announce how they feel.
That makes me feel angry!

Present: 15.5 V60 T6 + Polestar, 17 MDX
Sometimes Borrow: 11 GLK350
Dark and Twisted Past: 13 TL AWD, 07 Z4 3.0si, 07 CLK550, 06 TSX, 07 Civic, 01 Grandma!

Offline tenpenny

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +137/-305
    • View Profile
« Reply #1064 on: April 03, 2017, 10:55:47 am »
Took a container of orange juice (Tropicana, in case you care) out of the fridge, the carton didn't feel as solid as usual.  Same size carton, 2L, but now I see it's only 1.69liters.  No wonder it feels like that, there's 300ml of air in it.

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1254/-7210
    • View Profile
« Reply #1065 on: April 03, 2017, 11:01:27 am »
Took a container of orange juice (Tropicana, in case you care) out of the fridge, the carton didn't feel as solid as usual.  Same size carton, 2L, but now I see it's only 1.69liters.  No wonder it feels like that, there's 300ml of air in it.
I'm not a huge soda pop drinker, but they've done the same to the previously 500ml bottles.

Less product, same price.
How fast is my 911?  Supras sh*t on on me all the time...in reverse..with blown turbos  :( ...

Offline ArticSteve

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +310/-6812
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Hobby Car: 15 Mustang Vert, V6, manual, 3.55 lsd; 2024 MDX Aspec; 2022 F150 TREMOR lifted
« Reply #1066 on: April 03, 2017, 03:05:22 pm »
No wonder it feels like that, there's 300ml of air in it.

Which technically would reduce the Best Before Date  ???   More air to advance the oxidation of Vit C ?    Something tells me that the sellers don't care.  :rofl2:

Offline HeliDriver

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +176/-235
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2023 Crosstrek Sport 6MT; 2011 Yukon XL 2500
« Reply #1067 on: April 03, 2017, 05:33:48 pm »
That reminds me...

Every now and then I buy peanut butter, and I always get the natural, crunchy kind. So there's like a centimeter of oil sitting on top, and you have to stir it in before eating.

Fine, I get it. That's what natural peanut butter does, it separates. But why can't they leave me enough room in the jar to do the stirring that the label helpfully tells me I need to do?  >:(

Seriously, I'd rather they put less peanut butter in the jar, even at the same price. Give me some room to stir the damn stuff so I don't end up with an overflowing, oily, gross mess of a jar.  :P

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1068 on: April 03, 2017, 05:37:34 pm »
That reminds me...

Every now and then I buy peanut butter, and I always get the natural, crunchy kind. So there's like a centimeter of oil sitting on top, and you have to stir it in before eating.

Fine, I get it. That's what natural peanut butter does, it separates. But why can't they leave me enough room in the jar to do the stirring that the label helpfully tells me I need to do?  >:(

Seriously, I'd rather they put less peanut butter in the jar, even at the same price. Give me some room to stir the damn stuff so I don't end up with an overflowing, oily, gross mess of a jar.  :P

2 tricks I've used.

1) Store jar upside down, then mix

2) Use a knife and cut "#" patterns.  Works very well and no mess.

Offline blur911

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +244/-779
  • Nasty Weasel
    • View Profile
  • Cars: and bikes by age:BMW, Porsche, Subaru, Suzuki, Suzuki, Mazda, Jaguar, Kawasaki, Porsche, GMC, Suzuki
« Reply #1069 on: April 03, 2017, 05:41:25 pm »
That reminds me...

2 tricks I've used.

Yup, we do the same thing.   
Ever notice how "regular" peanut butter now tastes like it's been ridiculously sweetened with icing sugar?
Mr Pickypants

Offline HeliDriver

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +176/-235
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2023 Crosstrek Sport 6MT; 2011 Yukon XL 2500
« Reply #1070 on: April 03, 2017, 05:46:40 pm »
^^ Thanks for the tips. Will try those next time.

And I agree about the regular peanut butter thing. I was staying in camp a few years ago and all they had was Wonder bread and Kraft creamy peanut butter. A sandwich of that was basically like eating dessert.  :rofl2:

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1071 on: April 03, 2017, 05:48:54 pm »
^^ Thanks for the tips. Will try those next time.

And I agree about the regular peanut butter thing. I was staying in camp a few years ago and all they had was Wonder bread and Kraft creamy peanut butter. A sandwich of that was basically like eating dessert.  :rofl2:

Also (and I've never done this) if you buy the same brand all the time, keep a lid.  Put a small hole in the lid.  Then put inversion blender attachment on your blender through the hole.  Screw cap on.  Attach blender.  Blend.

No mess.

Offline Solstice2006

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +245/-468
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2008 Hyundai Entourage, 2007 Buick Lucerne
« Reply #1072 on: April 03, 2017, 07:12:13 pm »
That reminds me...

2 tricks I've used.

I will have to try that.  Perfect for my son to take to daycare!  No one is allergic to nuts in his daycare.  But still no nuts allowed.  He is lactose intolerant, so he can't have milk, cheese, or the yogurt they buy.  But they still serve it to the other kids, and I don't blame them.  But several times, he has consumed milk products there.  Other kids share, and some newer teachers forget.  Not fair for him.  Maybe I will send a peanut butter sandwich.  Because I "forgot"...

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1073 on: April 03, 2017, 07:27:06 pm »
^^ They make peanut butter substitute with no nuts in it. 

I got a sample and tried it.  Not bad at all!

Offline Solstice2006

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +245/-468
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2008 Hyundai Entourage, 2007 Buick Lucerne
« Reply #1074 on: April 03, 2017, 07:32:58 pm »
^^ They make peanut butter substitute with no nuts in it. 

I got a sample and tried it.  Not bad at all!

Meh, I can plan around it.  They can have it at home. Tired of buying several different products. 

Offline Sir Osis of Liver

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1376/-1726
  • Ramblin' man
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2017 KTM DUKE 390, 2019 VW Jetta GLI 35th Anniversary
« Reply #1075 on: April 04, 2017, 10:48:05 am »
Finally fell asleep at ~4 am. Up at 6. Going to be a long bloody day.

On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last, and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.

H. L. Mencken

• Car Crazy
  • Ramblin' man
    • View Profile
« Reply #1076 on: April 04, 2017, 02:04:25 pm »
Call from VW Finance. They want me to increase the deductible on my insurance from $750 to $1000.  ???

I was not in the mood to discuss it.

Any ideas as to why?

Offline BWII

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +188/-376
    • View Profile
« Reply #1077 on: April 04, 2017, 02:10:57 pm »
Ever notice how "regular" peanut butter now tastes like it's been ridiculously sweetened with icing sugar?

Noticed that with Skippy in particular.  Kraft or whatever the hell it is now (still Kraft with the 2 bears right?) doesn't seem to be any different than it used to be.  We also don't go through enough anymore that it might have changed.  If we buy a 2 kg jar it usually goes stale before it's half done.  But why my the 1 kg when the 2 is only $2 more when it's on sale?  Just in case...might make a batch of chocolate chip cookies, and then you need 2 cups.

Call from VW Finance. They want me to increase the deductible on my insurance from $750 to $1000.  ???

Any ideas as to why?

Why would they care about your insurance?  Or are you not talking about the car insurance itself?   ???

Offline pi314

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +59/-95
    • View Profile
  • Cars: VW Golf Sportwagen 4Motion 6MT ;Dearly Departed 2015 Honda Fit EX 6MT
« Reply #1078 on: April 04, 2017, 02:13:02 pm »

Any ideas as to why?

Finally fell asleep at ~4 am. Up at 6. Going to be a long bloody day.

No idea.

Though are you insuring your car through VW?

• Car Crazy
  • Ramblin' man
    • View Profile
« Reply #1079 on: April 04, 2017, 02:16:09 pm »
The car is insured through SGI which is the only option in Saskatchewan.

Yeah, I don't understand what business it is of VW what my deductible is. I think the standard SGI package has, or had, a $550 deductible, but I usually go a bit higher.