Author Topic: Little Things That Irritate Me  (Read 1110736 times)

Offline Ex-airbalancer

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +729/-1584
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2011 Silverado 1500 LTZ ext ended cab , 2013 Lexus RX-350 F Sport
Re: Little Things That Irritate Me
« Reply #940 on: March 15, 2017, 10:31:25 am »
Stupid heart irritating me this week. trying to rewire my sim racing pedals today but just too tired to concentrate. New meds I think is the most of it. Just things aren't quite right. Chest is tight, can't breath right. Wife was upset enough to phone a friend to see about taking me to the hospital after dinner. Then she threatened 911. Luckily it's eased off a bit. I'll make a call to the heart Dr's tomorrow but don't have time this week for bloody 911 calls, etc as I have a few things I need to get dome for the kids while they're home for March break.

Breathing is better now too so hoping. I think it's side effects and am just grumpy as I think I've spent more time sick from the meds than from the heart failure!  :rofl2:

grumble, grumble, grumble..............

Getting a friend to drive you to the ER , I think is pretty stupid , especially when you have a bad ticker

The sister in law , had her daughter driver her the ER which was a bit of a drive, when she was not feeling well, she had no history of heart problems,

On the way there, she had a heart attack, the daughter pulled over called 911 and start CPR.
They got her heart going again for a short time, enough to get her to the hospital to get on life support equipment.
They did pull the plug 3 days after the heart attack

If she had call 911 she probably would have been in the ambulance when the heart attack happened and the outcome probably wold have been better

Offline sailor723

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +416/-1000
    • View Profile
  • Cars: '17 BMW X5 Xdrive35i, '11 BMW 328iXdrive,
« Reply #941 on: March 15, 2017, 10:40:12 am »
Stupid heart irritating me this week. trying to rewire my sim racing pedals today but just too tired to concentrate. New meds I think is the most of it. Just things aren't quite right. Chest is tight, can't breath right. Wife was upset enough to phone a friend to see about taking me to the hospital after dinner. Then she threatened 911. Luckily it's eased off a bit. I'll make a call to the heart Dr's tomorrow but don't have time this week for bloody 911 calls, etc as I have a few things I need to get dome for the kids while they're home for March break.

Breathing is better now too so hoping. I think it's side effects and am just grumpy as I think I've spent more time sick from the meds than from the heart failure!  :rofl2:

Getting a friend to drive you to the ER , I think is pretty stupid , especially when you have a bad ticker

The sister in law , had her daughter driver her the ER which was a bit of a drive, when she was not feeling well, she had no history of heart problems,

On the way there, she had a heart attack, the daughter pulled over called 911 and start CPR.
They got her heart going again for a short time, enough to get her to the hospital to get on life support equipment.

If she had call 911 she probably would have been in the ambulance when the heart attack happened and the outcome probably wold have been better

^This

Lower Level, I am sure, since you're dealing with it everyday you know more about heart disease than I do. However, a buddy of mine who was the head of the local ER for awhile told me that he figured more people die of heart attacks at home while denying there is anything wrong than do so in the ER. If in doubt, go.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2017, 10:44:32 am by sailor723 »
Old Jag convertible...one itch I won't have to scratch again.

Offline aquadorhj

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +271/-265
    • View Profile
  • Cars: MB SLK 55, Lexus NX, E46 M3, Honda Fit, VW Jetta, VW Rabbit, Saturn SC, Nissan NX,
« Reply #942 on: March 15, 2017, 10:44:16 am »

yeah, but as you said, if there's no history, and it's just "feeling unwell", it seems silly to call 911. 

and in many provinces, ambulance ride costs a fair chunk.  in alberta it's $400 per ride.     if you are well off, sure, $400 is not much, but vast majority of people live paycheck to paycheck and $400 is a big chunk.

also, i find it a little weird that east coat provinces have way cheaper ambulance rides.   

Driving thrills makes my wallet lighter.. and therefore makes me faster because i'm shedding weight... :D

Offline sailor723

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +416/-1000
    • View Profile
  • Cars: '17 BMW X5 Xdrive35i, '11 BMW 328iXdrive,
« Reply #943 on: March 15, 2017, 10:47:51 am »
Places that sell coffee that don't put out milk,cream, sugar etc so you can add to taste.

Offline Ex-airbalancer

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +729/-1584
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2011 Silverado 1500 LTZ ext ended cab , 2013 Lexus RX-350 F Sport
« Reply #944 on: March 15, 2017, 11:18:37 am »

yeah, but as you said, if there's no history, and it's just "feeling unwell", it seems silly to call 911. 

and in many provinces, ambulance ride costs a fair chunk.  in alberta it's $400 per ride.     if you are well off, sure, $400 is not much, but vast majority of people live paycheck to paycheck and $400 is a big chunk.

also, i find it a little weird that east coat provinces have way cheaper ambulance rides.
It not that much here, and I think his benefits would have covered it cost and they had enough money not worry about the cost
in the end,  she died , and the daughter last time with her mom was doing CPR on her

Offline Solstice2006

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +245/-468
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2008 Hyundai Entourage, 2007 Buick Lucerne
« Reply #945 on: March 15, 2017, 03:59:39 pm »
Places that sell coffee that don't put out milk,cream, sugar etc so you can add to taste.

Like Tim Hortons?  Just ask for it on the side.  I know it's properly chilled when I have to ask for it.  I have had bad cream at Starbucks in the summer before.  Those jugs that hold the cream don't stay very cold. 

Offline johngenx

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +758/-938
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2009 Toyota Corolla, 2004 Toyota Highlander V-6 4WD, 2001 Subaru Forester, 1994 Mazda Miata
« Reply #946 on: March 15, 2017, 05:02:36 pm »
I haven't had a cup of coffee since 1992, but in the 10 years I drank it, never ruined a good cup with cream or sugar.

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1254/-7210
    • View Profile
« Reply #947 on: March 15, 2017, 05:28:07 pm »
I haven't had a cup of coffee since 1992, but in the 10 years I drank it, never ruined a good cup with cream or sugar.

It's not ruining it if you don't like the taste of black coffee...
How fast is my 911?  Supras sh*t on on me all the time...in reverse..with blown turbos  :( ...

Offline Solstice2006

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +245/-468
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2008 Hyundai Entourage, 2007 Buick Lucerne
« Reply #948 on: March 15, 2017, 05:55:18 pm »

Yeah I need the fat!

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #949 on: March 15, 2017, 06:00:07 pm »

Yeah I need the fat!

Full fat butter (grass fed) in coffee.  Was about the creamiest cup of coffee I've ever had.

Offline HeliDriver

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +176/-235
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2023 Crosstrek Sport 6MT; 2011 Yukon XL 2500
« Reply #950 on: March 15, 2017, 06:52:44 pm »

If you don't like the taste of coffee, then why are you drinking coffee?  :think:

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #951 on: March 15, 2017, 06:58:04 pm »

If you don't like the taste of coffee, then why are you drinking coffee?  :think:

It's the degree of black coffee taste I'm guessing.  Which is why they have many different roasts and strengths to suit each palate.  Same with tea.  There are many teas I like..and some I dislike.  I've heard the same said of wine (not a wine drinker).  Or beer.  I don't like super-hoppy beer.  Canuck LOVES super-hoppy beer.

Same with fish.  I know people who LOVE fish.  But aren't as hot to trot on REALLY strong tasting fish.  Or sweets.  I like sweets.  I dislike REALLY sweet, sweets though.

And cigars.  Boy do I LOOOOVE cigars.  But some cigars are don't like as much.  Or at all.

I'm guessing coffee falls into this category, as all coffees are decidedly not the same.  And the same coffee will even taste different to different palates.

Make sense?

You ski (don't you?  I forget)...so that means you must LOVE cross-country skiing.  And you love bikes.  So I'm guessing you also have a passion for 1000lb Harley cruisers?   ;D

Or..to take a step that we all understand...because we love cars, we must love every single car ever made?

How far do you want to take this?   ;D
« Last Edit: March 15, 2017, 07:01:07 pm by rrocket »

Offline KD

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +359/-263
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2017 Frontier Pro-4X, 2013 Lexus GS-350
« Reply #952 on: March 15, 2017, 07:01:47 pm »
A friend of mine puts milk and sugar in his green tea!  :hurl:

I drink coffee with just a little bit of milk.  When I first started drinking coffee in my late 20s it was triple/triple with cream instead of milk.  That would make me sick now!  I don't drink fancy coffee things either like frappes, lattes, caps, or whatever.  Just nice strong and bold coffee!  Nectar of the gods!  :lick:

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #953 on: March 15, 2017, 07:03:17 pm »
A friend of mine puts milk and sugar in his green tea!  :hurl:

I drink coffee with just a little bit of milk.  When I first started drinking coffee in my late 20s it was triple/triple with cream instead of milk.  That would make me sick now!  I don't drink fancy coffee things either like frappes, lattes, caps, or whatever.  Just nice strong and bold coffee!  Nectar of the gods!  :lick:

I'm not sure if I put a capp or latte into "fancy" coffee.  It's been a traditional way to drink coffee for a very long time.  And is nothing more than coffee and milk....just how you like yours.   ;D

Offline johngenx

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2009 Toyota Corolla, 2004 Toyota Highlander V-6 4WD, 2001 Subaru Forester, 1994 Mazda Miata
« Reply #954 on: March 15, 2017, 07:06:56 pm »
When I'm winter camping, especially on difficult trips, my hot drink of choice is hot chocolate.  In a 500ml mug of it, I melt in a giant stick of butter.  I swear if I did this at home I'd vomit on the first sip, but in the mountains after a 12-18hr day on the go, my body says "GIVE ME THAT!!"

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #955 on: March 15, 2017, 07:08:02 pm »
When I'm winter camping, especially on difficult trips, my hot drink of choice is hot chocolate.  In a 500ml mug of it, I melt in a giant stick of butter.  I swear if I did this at home I'd vomit on the first sip, but in the mountains after a 12-18hr day on the go, my body says "GIVE ME THAT!!"

You must not really like hot chocolate if you're doctoring it then.   ;D

(BTW...try it next time with some of the grass fed butter!)

Offline Railton

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +243/-156
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2017 Infiniti QX60 Touring, 2010 Infiniti G37S 6M, 2020 Hyundai Kona 1.6T Trend
« Reply #956 on: March 15, 2017, 07:09:31 pm »
Ha, ha, ha...
Railton
Do you realize that in about 30 (updated as requested) years, we'll have millions of old ladies running around with tattoos?

Offline mlin32

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +65/-419
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2017 Peugeot 308 GT; 2015 Yamaha YZF-R3
« Reply #957 on: March 15, 2017, 08:13:40 pm »
I have my Timmies coffee with 1 sugar, 1 cream.

With café (English: espresso), I take it as is, no additions. A chunk of chocolate on the side is customary for me though.
ø cons: Peugeot 308: Yamaha R3 [/URL]

Offline HeliDriver

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +176/-235
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2023 Crosstrek Sport 6MT; 2011 Yukon XL 2500
« Reply #958 on: March 15, 2017, 08:27:24 pm »

How far do you want to take this?   ;D

That's about far enough, thanks.

You have my permission to drink whatever makes you happy.  :D

Offline johngenx

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #959 on: March 15, 2017, 08:29:52 pm »
How would butter eat grass?