Author Topic: Little Things That Irritate Me  (Read 1110764 times)

Offline Ex-airbalancer

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +729/-1584
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2011 Silverado 1500 LTZ ext ended cab , 2013 Lexus RX-350 F Sport
Re: Little Things That Irritate Me
« Reply #840 on: March 06, 2017, 05:57:48 am »
If people didn't steal everything we wouldn't need that kind of packaging
those are not that hard to get into , just use  scissors  :D

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1254/-7210
    • View Profile
« Reply #841 on: March 06, 2017, 08:05:13 am »
I use a special cutter from a company called "Slice". I have the Safety Cutter and the Pencil. Both use a safety ceramic blade that won't cut your fingers. Very nifty and very worth having in your kitchen drawer or toolbox. Cheap too.
How fast is my 911?  Supras sh*t on on me all the time...in reverse..with blown turbos  :( ...

Offline BWII

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +188/-376
    • View Profile
« Reply #842 on: March 06, 2017, 08:41:07 am »
Geez...you have all the cool stuff, don't you?  Never heard of safety blades...I just use my teeth.

Well...what's left of them anyway... :P ;D

Offline Solstice2006

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +245/-468
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2008 Hyundai Entourage, 2007 Buick Lucerne
« Reply #843 on: March 06, 2017, 01:03:55 pm »
Probably use a special tool just for the milk bags too!  I probably have 4 pairs of scissors in the kitchen.  Have a case of 10 in the garage! Got them for free from a previous job. 

Offline Lower Level

• Auto Obsessed
  • Carma: +40/-82
  • Roadrash
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 1985 Oldsmobile Delta 88 Royale, 1989 Dodge B250 aka The BEAST.
« Reply #844 on: March 08, 2017, 12:42:17 pm »
Windy today. Well, windier than usal, lol, so power keeps going out. GRRR!!!!  ;D
Den
Reporter: "How does it feel being Henry Ford II?"
HF II: "I wouldn't know, I've never been anyone else."

Offline sailor723

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +416/-1000
    • View Profile
  • Cars: '17 BMW X5 Xdrive35i, '11 BMW 328iXdrive,
« Reply #845 on: March 08, 2017, 12:51:42 pm »
Shopping at the Super Store today. I ask the guy stocking one of the meat coolers if I can get a couple of strip steaks cut about 1.5" thick (there were none in the display case). His answer was a. he didn't know if they had any and b.if they did it would be at least half an hour as the meat cutter was on lunch.

If your store is open for business then staff it FFS!
Old Jag convertible...one itch I won't have to scratch again.

Offline quadzilla

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +391/-634
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2022 Rock'n Rolla Nightstalker
« Reply #846 on: March 08, 2017, 01:28:34 pm »
People that are turning left and pull up past the line so they are blocking your line of sight when trying to turn right.

Offline HeliDriver

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +176/-235
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2023 Crosstrek Sport 6MT; 2011 Yukon XL 2500
« Reply #847 on: March 08, 2017, 01:31:38 pm »
People that are turning left and pull up past the line so they are blocking your line of sight when trying to turn right.

You're supposed to move out into the intersection when waiting to make a left turn.

It's people who wait behind the line that irritate me.  :)

Offline quadzilla

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +391/-634
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2022 Rock'n Rolla Nightstalker
« Reply #848 on: March 08, 2017, 01:42:10 pm »

You're supposed to move out into the intersection when waiting to make a left turn.

I meant when at a stop light.  So they have nowhere to go but wait. But yes, in your example, I agree.

Offline OliverD

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +255/-770
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2011 BMW 328i Touring, 1998 Jaguar XJR, 2024 Mini Cooper S
« Reply #849 on: March 08, 2017, 01:52:23 pm »
Found an insanely rare BMW 335i for sale. M Performance Edition, RWD, manual, and Valencia Orange. It even had low KMs and a reasonable price. Emailed the dealer and the salesman that responded had just bought the car himself.  >:(

Offline Lower Level

• Auto Obsessed
  • Carma: +40/-82
  • Roadrash
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 1985 Oldsmobile Delta 88 Royale, 1989 Dodge B250 aka The BEAST.
« Reply #850 on: March 08, 2017, 02:12:59 pm »

I always wait behind the line if I'm the second vehicle as I can't trust the person in front of me to actually make the left in time for me to proceed after. It seems more and more people won't make the turn until the light is red even if there's nothing coming. Also, the fact that even if he/she is competent, they can't get through because of the two or three cars that run the red coming the other way.

Offline HeliDriver

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +176/-235
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2023 Crosstrek Sport 6MT; 2011 Yukon XL 2500
« Reply #851 on: March 08, 2017, 02:22:54 pm »

I always wait behind the line if I'm the second vehicle as I can't trust the person in front of me to actually make the left in time for me to proceed after. It seems more and more people won't make the turn until the light is red even if there's nothing coming. Also, the fact that even if he/she is competent, they can't get through because of the two or three cars that run the red coming the other way.

When I learned to drive, I was taught that at least two cars should be able to turn left on any light cycle. Only way that is going to happen is if the first car moves fully out into the intersection and the one behind at least noses out in front of the line.

If you're already in the intersection and the light turns yellow, then you can legally make your left turn. But if you're stopped behind the line when the light turns yellow, then you can't legally enter the intersection, so you're stuck there.

But I agree. I learned to drive 30 years ago when it wasn't common to have three cars blowing straight through on a red. Unfortunately, I guess one car turning left per yellow is the new norm. Nowadays, if I'm the second car I'll wait behind the line as well. Not that there's usually the option, as the first car rarely pulls out enough anyway.

Offline mlin32

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +65/-419
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2017 Peugeot 308 GT; 2015 Yamaha YZF-R3
« Reply #852 on: March 08, 2017, 02:26:09 pm »

I also wait behind the line at an intersection if 2nd in the queue for a left, for reasons of safety since I don't want to be caught in the middle of the intersection after the red.

Every state/province has its peculiarities. In North Carolina, it's blatant red-light running from straight/thru traffic. Squeezing in a left turn during a yellow or red puts you at a very high risk for getting T-boned; happens a couple times a week at the next intersection from where I live.

As for not being able to see while waiting next to a car........you guys should experience driving the 3er where I live. I sit lower than most cars, including a VW Golf GTI so between the SUVs and pickups prevalent here, I've resigned myself to patently waiting until the view is clear. :)  .
ø cons: Peugeot 308: Yamaha R3 [/URL]

Offline Solstice2006

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +245/-468
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2008 Hyundai Entourage, 2007 Buick Lucerne
« Reply #853 on: March 08, 2017, 03:37:55 pm »
Shopping at the Super Store today. I ask the guy stocking one of the meat coolers if I can get a couple of strip steaks cut about 1.5" thick (there were none in the display case). His answer was a. he didn't know if they had any and b.if they did it would be at least half an hour as the meat cutter was on lunch.

The happened to me shopping at Home Depot while doing the bathroom.  It was around 1pm.  I couldn't find the part I was looking for.  I asked some HD guy, he called the guy who works the plumbing aisle, out to lunch! WTF?  It's Home Depot!  That's why I stopped shopping at Rona, because they had less selection, and often out of stock. 

Offline Ex-airbalancer

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +729/-1584
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2011 Silverado 1500 LTZ ext ended cab , 2013 Lexus RX-350 F Sport
« Reply #854 on: March 08, 2017, 05:15:25 pm »

Surprised that they would even have someone who would cut the meat there

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #855 on: March 08, 2017, 05:27:02 pm »
IQ says "our fence blew down".  WTF?  So I go outback and sure enough, 3 sections of my fence are down.  I examine the 4x4s...and they are rotten through.  Curiously, these are the only 4x4s that are rotted.  Why?  Because neighbour built a raised flower bed in that area.

Sigh....

Offline sailor723

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #856 on: March 08, 2017, 05:31:51 pm »
IQ says "our fence blew down".  WTF?  So I go outback and sure enough, 3 sections of my fence are down.  I examine the 4x4s...and they are rotten through.  Curiously, these are the only 4x4s that are rotted.  Why?  Because neighbour built a raised flower bed in that area.

Sigh....

Pressure treated or regular lumber?

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #857 on: March 08, 2017, 05:34:41 pm »

Sigh....

Pressure treated.

It's the only 3 posts in the raised flower bed.  No coincidence I'm sure...

Offline sailor723

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #858 on: March 08, 2017, 05:37:47 pm »

Sigh....

Pressure treated.

Interesting...Higher moisture content from watering maybe?

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #859 on: March 08, 2017, 05:39:18 pm »

Sigh....

Pressure treated.

Interesting...Higher moisture content from watering maybe?

It has mulch in it and on top.  So it never seems to dry out IMO.