Author Topic: Little Things That Irritate Me  (Read 1110815 times)

Offline OliverD

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +255/-770
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2011 BMW 328i Touring, 1998 Jaguar XJR, 2024 Mini Cooper S
Re: Little Things That Irritate Me
« Reply #780 on: February 28, 2017, 02:51:20 pm »
^ I'll definitely be bringing Abbey to the new brewery every day once it opens.  No sense in leaving her home by herself every day when she can roam around the brewery freely.

Awesome. I look forward to meeting her!

Offline CanuckS2K

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +398/-316
    • View Profile
    • Prestige Auto Detail
  • Cars: 1991 Toyota MR2 Turbo, 2005 Honda S2000, 2014 Infiniti Q50S, 2017 Ford F-150 Lariat
« Reply #781 on: February 28, 2017, 03:01:19 pm »
Had a couple of meetings at the brewery today and there is two handicapped parking spots in front of the Gastropub.  I noticed a Corolla ahead of me pulled into one of them while I went ahead and parked a little further down by my brewery.  Walking by I noticed that the Corolla had a handicapped sign in the rear view mirror, but then two young guys (probably in their early 20s) got out of the car.  They clearly weren't handicapped in any way.  I mentioned to them that they should be parking in a normal spot but they brushed me off.  I wasn't going to get into any argument right before a meeting, but simply went in and told the owner of the Gastropub about it and he forced them to move their car to another spot.  Idiots.   ::)

Yeah, don't antagonize drivers in your area, they can go a bit nuts
http://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/audi-driver-pleads-guilty-after-video-shows-him-mowing-down-man-in-road-rage-1.3304532

Yeah, big story here in the last day or so.  Some people.........    ::)
Owner - Prestige Auto Detailing & Hammond River Brewing

Offline CanuckS2K

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
    • Prestige Auto Detail
  • Cars: 1991 Toyota MR2 Turbo, 2005 Honda S2000, 2014 Infiniti Q50S, 2017 Ford F-150 Lariat
« Reply #782 on: February 28, 2017, 03:01:55 pm »
^ I'll definitely be bringing Abbey to the new brewery every day once it opens.  No sense in leaving her home by herself every day when she can roam around the brewery freely.

Looking forward to having you visit the new place!   :cheers:

Offline blur911

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +244/-779
  • Nasty Weasel
    • View Profile
  • Cars: and bikes by age:BMW, Porsche, Subaru, Suzuki, Suzuki, Mazda, Jaguar, Kawasaki, Porsche, GMC, Suzuki
« Reply #783 on: February 28, 2017, 04:53:01 pm »
Couple of little things that irritate me,

Rivet type master links.

Costco website, tried to  go there with my linux box using chrome,   keeps sending me to the page to pick what province I'm in, no matter what I do.
Tried Firefox,  Costco page I wanted momentarily appears, then crashed my video, had to reboot
Mr Pickypants

Offline KD

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +359/-263
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2017 Frontier Pro-4X, 2013 Lexus GS-350
« Reply #784 on: February 28, 2017, 05:12:13 pm »

+1. She'll make a great mascot.  :thumbup:

Offline bridgecity

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +126/-182
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2014 MDX; 2007 Tundra
« Reply #785 on: February 28, 2017, 06:08:11 pm »

Funny you mention this; a local brewer (Prairie Sun) has a golden roaming around their brewery. Great dog.  Greets everyone with a wagging tail.
Quality is never an accident; it is always the result of high intention, sincere effort, intelligent direction, and skillful execution; it represents the wise choice of many alternatives.

Offline KD

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +359/-263
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2017 Frontier Pro-4X, 2013 Lexus GS-350
« Reply #786 on: February 28, 2017, 06:29:35 pm »

Funny you mention this; a local brewer (Prairie Sun) has a golden roaming around their brewery. Great dog.  Greets everyone with a wagging tail.

A friend of mine has owned a business not far from Shane's brewery for over 20 years now and has brought his golden retriever with him every day.  Different dogs of course, but always a golden.  Only problem was people bringing him treats all the time and making them fat!   ;D

Offline bridgecity

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +126/-182
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2014 MDX; 2007 Tundra
« Reply #787 on: February 28, 2017, 06:36:45 pm »

A friend of mine has owned a business not far from Shane's brewery for over 20 years now and has brought his golden retriever with him every day.  Different dogs of course, but always a golden.  Only problem was people bringing him treats all the time and making them fat!   ;D

That's awesome.  I just had a look at Prairie Sun's website, the dog is listed under "meet the staff". 

Offline Bubba

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +382/-442
  • Vice President, Autos.ca Arizona Operations
    • View Profile
    • My photo site
  • Cars: 2013 Toyota Corolla LE
« Reply #788 on: February 28, 2017, 06:38:46 pm »

That's awesome.  I just had a look at Prairie Sun's website, the dog is listed under "meet the staff".

What motivates you to work hard? Scooby Snacks   :rofl2:
My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government. - Thomas Jefferson

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1254/-7210
    • View Profile
« Reply #789 on: February 28, 2017, 06:43:39 pm »
We won't frequent places that have pets at work.
How fast is my 911?  Supras sh*t on on me all the time...in reverse..with blown turbos  :( ...

Offline tenpenny

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +137/-305
    • View Profile
« Reply #790 on: February 28, 2017, 07:01:25 pm »

Reminds me of the pubs we went to when traveling around England.  One in the middle of Dartmoor especially.  The local farmers would wander in with their dogs, who would sit at their feet.

I loved that atmosphere.

Sent from my Vic20 using Java Moose
My diesel car self-identifies as an electric vehicle.

Offline Ex-airbalancer

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +729/-1584
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2011 Silverado 1500 LTZ ext ended cab , 2013 Lexus RX-350 F Sport
« Reply #791 on: February 28, 2017, 07:23:15 pm »
Had a couple of meetings at the brewery today and there is two handicapped parking spots in front of the Gastropub.  I noticed a Corolla ahead of me pulled into one of them while I went ahead and parked a little further down by my brewery.  Walking by I noticed that the Corolla had a handicapped sign in the rear view mirror, but then two young guys (probably in their early 20s) got out of the car.  They clearly weren't handicapped in any way.  I mentioned to them that they should be parking in a normal spot but they brushed me off.  I wasn't going to get into any argument right before a meeting, but simply went in and told the owner of the Gastropub about it and he forced them to move their car to another spot.  Idiots.   ::)
It would been better to call the cops and give  them get a ticket or tow the car

Offline CanuckS2K

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
    • Prestige Auto Detail
« Reply #792 on: February 28, 2017, 07:59:03 pm »

My brewery is not a public space where folks can freely walk in, so I'm not concerned whatsoever.  The other employee that I hired will be bringing his dog every day as well.  My beer bar is a different story.

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #793 on: February 28, 2017, 08:03:26 pm »

My brewery is not a public space where folks can freely walk in, so I'm not concerned whatsoever.  The other employee that I hired will be bringing his dog every day as well.  My beer bar is a different story.

I wasn't referring to you...lol...because you know I'll be in your brewery someday!   ;D

Offline CanuckS2K

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
    • Prestige Auto Detail
« Reply #794 on: February 28, 2017, 08:08:57 pm »

Haha, I love it!  I'll have to do that with Abbey as well.  :-D

Offline OliverD

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +255/-770
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2011 BMW 328i Touring, 1998 Jaguar XJR, 2024 Mini Cooper S
« Reply #795 on: February 28, 2017, 09:17:18 pm »

Reminds me of the pubs we went to when traveling around England.  One in the middle of Dartmoor especially.  The local farmers would wander in with their dogs, who would sit at their feet.

I loved that atmosphere.

The first time I visited Europe I was amazed at how well behaved all the dogs were, whether they were on the street, public transit, or in stores and restaurants. I thought it was great.

Offline quadzilla

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +391/-634
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2022 Rock'n Rolla Nightstalker
« Reply #796 on: February 28, 2017, 11:39:15 pm »
Had a couple of meetings at the brewery today and there is two handicapped parking spots in front of the Gastropub.  I noticed a Corolla ahead of me pulled into one of them while I went ahead and parked a little further down by my brewery.  Walking by I noticed that the Corolla had a handicapped sign in the rear view mirror, but then two young guys (probably in their early 20s) got out of the car.  They clearly weren't handicapped in any way. I mentioned to them that they should be parking in a normal spot but they brushed me off.  I wasn't going to get into any argument right before a meeting, but simply went in and told the owner of the Gastropub about it and he forced them to move their car to another spot.  Idiots.   ::)

How can you tell if a person is handicap by looking at them? Not defending these guy but I've known people that had a handicap sticker and you wouldn't have known what their handicap was.

Plus I've parked in a handicap spot while I went to pick up my brother (who was handicap) so if you saw me, you would think I'm a jerk also.

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #797 on: February 28, 2017, 11:57:30 pm »
so if you saw me, you would think I'm a jerk also.

Yes.  That's true.   ;D  :rofl: :rofl2: :rofl: :rofl2:

Offline quadzilla

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +391/-634
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2022 Rock'n Rolla Nightstalker
« Reply #798 on: February 28, 2017, 11:59:38 pm »
so if you saw me, you would think I'm a jerk also.

Yes.  That's true.   ;D  :rofl: :rofl2: :rofl: :rofl2:

Ya, I left the door wide open for that one.

Offline Solstice2006

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +245/-468
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2008 Hyundai Entourage, 2007 Buick Lucerne
« Reply #799 on: March 01, 2017, 12:00:45 am »
Seems like doctors hand out handicap passes for anything.  I am familiar with the eligibility requirements, doesn't seem to match to the people I see parking in the malls and grocery stores.  Also it seems there are soo many handicap spots.  Makes little sense that there are more handicap spots at a Home Depot versus a high school/college.