Author Topic: Little Things That Irritate Me  (Read 1110672 times)

Offline 5 Wheel Drive

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +88/-20
    • View Profile
  • Cars: My Mazda fleet: 2014 CX9 GS, 2013 Mazda 3 GX, 1997 Miata
Re: Little Things That Irritate Me
« Reply #1000 on: March 24, 2017, 08:36:52 am »
Snot-O-Grams, when a simple phone call will resolve the question.  As much as I enjoy social media, its ubiquity has made people shy away from normal human interaction in a business setting.  Pick up the goddamned phone!
My last supervisor once sent me an email asking me to turn my radio down a little bit.  She was in the cubicle right beside me FFS!  :banghead:
"This is no Playstation, this.  There is no reset button if you get it wrong.  You just go through the pearly gates...on fire!"   -Jeremy Clarkson

Offline quadzilla

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +391/-634
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2022 Rock'n Rolla Nightstalker
« Reply #1001 on: March 24, 2017, 08:56:52 am »
Snot-O-Grams, when a simple phone call will resolve the question.  As much as I enjoy social media, its ubiquity has made people shy away from normal human interaction in a business setting.  Pick up the goddamned phone!
My last supervisor once sent me an email asking me to turn my radio down a little bit.  She was in the cubicle right beside me FFS!  :banghead:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KcTmgBsMMrs

Offline Bubba

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +382/-442
  • Vice President, Autos.ca Arizona Operations
    • View Profile
    • My photo site
  • Cars: 2013 Toyota Corolla LE
« Reply #1002 on: March 24, 2017, 11:01:10 am »

Too scared to tell you in real life, lol

She wanted a permanent record for his file.   
My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government. - Thomas Jefferson

Online tortoise

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +236/-453
    • View Profile
« Reply #1003 on: March 24, 2017, 11:05:40 am »
So, the exhaust pipe in the truck had rotted to the point that it was severed and the muffler had a leak everything was redone.

I didn't give much thought to it and the muffler that went in makes the truck so quiet, like you can barely hear that it's running quiet.

I f'd up.  I should have got one that gave at least a little but of that glorious V8 rumble.
Only the slow and dim know where they're going in life, and seldom is it worth the trip. - Tom Robbins.

Offline mlin32

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +65/-419
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2017 Peugeot 308 GT; 2015 Yamaha YZF-R3
« Reply #1004 on: March 25, 2017, 10:49:32 am »
I think Canadians are too civilised to do something like this, but it irritates me when people open their doors to spit or dump their beverage onto the road while waiting at a stoplight.  :hurl:   Gross.
ø cons: Peugeot 308: Yamaha R3 [/URL]

Offline tenpenny

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +137/-305
    • View Profile
« Reply #1005 on: March 25, 2017, 11:49:51 am »
I think Canadians are too civilised to do something like this, but it irritates me when people open their doors to spit or dump their beverage onto the road while waiting at a stoplight.  :hurl:   Gross.

Do not delude yourself, I've seen this many times.

Sent from my Vic20 using Java Moose
My diesel car self-identifies as an electric vehicle.

Offline Solstice2006

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +245/-468
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2008 Hyundai Entourage, 2007 Buick Lucerne
« Reply #1006 on: March 25, 2017, 11:49:52 am »

You don't see hockey players spitting?

Offline mlin32

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +65/-419
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2017 Peugeot 308 GT; 2015 Yamaha YZF-R3
« Reply #1007 on: March 25, 2017, 12:11:05 pm »

Onto the road from their cars ?

Perhaps I should clarify. I don't use chewing tobacco so I don't know how this works, but I think it's the wad of puke when the person's done.

Offline Solstice2006

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1008 on: March 25, 2017, 02:04:06 pm »
Can't remember the last time I saw someone in public chewing tobacco.  I play softball in the summer, no one does.  Just the baseball players on TV. 

Offline Bubba

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
    • My photo site
« Reply #1009 on: March 27, 2017, 02:19:57 pm »
Speaking of Bluetooth, I haven't been able to link my phone with the car yet.  I've made a few tries.

There has to be something wrong with the system.  When I give a command, the system quits and I'm back at square one.  I'll visit Mazda and let them figure it out.

Offline JG20

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +24/-46
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2016 Subaru WRX STI, 2022 Acura MDX (wifey's)
« Reply #1010 on: March 27, 2017, 03:28:03 pm »
Speaking of Bluetooth, I haven't been able to link my phone with the car yet.  I've made a few tries.

There has to be something wrong with the system.  When I give a command, the system quits and I'm back at square one.  I'll visit Mazda and let them figure it out.

The Bluetooth system on our Mazda5 sucks too.  Difficult to pair and eventually manages to unpair itself when you do.  In contrast, the Bluetooth in the aftermarket deck on my old Mazdaspeed and the stock deck on my STI are amazing.  Pair once and forget it, automatically connects every time.

Offline Solstice2006

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1011 on: March 27, 2017, 03:30:24 pm »

The Bluetooth system on our Mazda5 sucks too.  Difficult to pair and eventually manages to unpair itself when you do.  In contrast, the Bluetooth in the aftermarket deck on my old Mazdaspeed and the stock deck on my STI are amazing.  Pair once and forget it, automatically connects every time.

Maybe it's that gen?  As that Mazda5 is the same as the above Mazda3.  Not sure of the supplier of the older of newer ones?

Offline Bubba

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
    • My photo site
« Reply #1012 on: March 27, 2017, 07:36:35 pm »

I gave it one last try and IT WORKED!  HOLY F***!

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1254/-7210
    • View Profile
« Reply #1013 on: March 27, 2017, 08:10:58 pm »
NICE!!  ^^^^
How fast is my 911?  Supras sh*t on on me all the time...in reverse..with blown turbos  :( ...

Offline Scaerio

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +193/-127
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2013 Volvo C30 T5; all my exes: 2005 Suzuki Aerio SE, '02 Renault Clio, '93 Volvo 850 GLT, '78 MB W-123 230
« Reply #1014 on: March 28, 2017, 12:01:44 am »

Onto the road from their cars ?

Perhaps I should clarify. I don't use chewing tobacco so I don't know how this works, but I think it's the wad of puke when the person's done.

Thanks to my tummy and my meds not getting along one morning about a month ago, at the red light on Wellington at the corner of Metcalfe I opened the driver's door and hurled breakfast all over the street -- right in front of Parliament Hill -- the tourists LOVED it...   ::)
I'd rather be car-poor than house-poor...

Offline erich

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +36/-125
    • View Profile
  • Cars: current: 2023 Genesis G70 2.0t,2019 Infiniti QX50, previous:2017 Subaru Legacy, 2014 Mazda CX-5, 2012 Genesis Coupe 2.0T, 2010 Subaru Forrester, 2004 Honda Civic, 2000 SAAB 9-3, 2000 Dodge Caravan, 2000 VW Golf, 1996 Suzuki Baleno, 1990 Subary Justy 1.0GL
« Reply #1015 on: March 28, 2017, 11:23:22 am »
Last night got four nuisance calls in one our - phone surveys, the cable company and the credit card company trying to push some products on me.

Offline JG20

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +24/-46
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2016 Subaru WRX STI, 2022 Acura MDX (wifey's)
« Reply #1016 on: March 28, 2017, 11:50:18 am »

Let us know how long before it magically unpairs..  :rofl2:

And yeah, could be specific to that generation.  Not sure how good more recent Mazda products are at Bluetooth.

Offline sailor723

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +416/-1000
    • View Profile
  • Cars: '17 BMW X5 Xdrive35i, '11 BMW 328iXdrive,
« Reply #1017 on: March 28, 2017, 11:51:56 am »
Tried to pair my old Iphone with the rental Mazda 3 I had a month or so ago. It was having none of it.
Old Jag convertible...one itch I won't have to scratch again.

Offline Solstice2006

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1018 on: March 28, 2017, 09:39:59 pm »

Let us know how long before it magically unpairs..  :rofl2:

And yeah, could be specific to that generation.  Not sure how good more recent Mazda products are at Bluetooth.

No complaints from my wife.  I very rarely pair my phone to the car.  Only when driving more than 1/2 hour, maybe once a month. 

Offline Ex-airbalancer

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +729/-1584
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2011 Silverado 1500 LTZ ext ended cab , 2013 Lexus RX-350 F Sport
« Reply #1019 on: March 29, 2017, 07:50:31 pm »
Finding out why a fan not working , it not wired
The bad part the bx was live , 575v , could have been a shocking time  :o
Same job, RTU-1 ,  the  supply duct from the unit was hooked up to the return duct system  :banghead:
RTU-3, the erv supply has hooked up to exhaust ductwork , so air was blowing into the wc instead of air getting sucked out of wc  ::), this appear to be a manufacturer fack up
What a facking day !