Author Topic: First Drive: 2017 Nissan Titan and Titan XD  (Read 15627 times)

Offline pi314

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +59/-95
    • View Profile
  • Cars: VW Golf Sportwagen 4Motion 6MT ;Dearly Departed 2015 Honda Fit EX 6MT
Re: First Drive: 2017 Nissan Titan and Titan XD
« Reply #40 on: October 27, 2016, 09:29:13 pm »
It's a dollar less in NB. Still tempting. But it goes against everything I stand for!
The local dealer apparently has 3. I might go check one out.

Offline dirtyjeffer

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +296/-1312
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2021 Toyota Venza Limited, 2016 Kia Sorento EX AWD
« Reply #41 on: October 28, 2016, 09:09:48 am »
if you are in the market for a truck, you'd be silly to at least not check it out...that leasing rate isn't much more than a bus pass.
When you've lost the argument, admit defeat and hit the smite button.

Offline OliverD

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +257/-776
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2011 BMW 328i Touring, 1998 Jaguar XJR, 2024 Mini Cooper S
« Reply #42 on: October 28, 2016, 09:29:53 am »
It's a dollar less in NB. Still tempting. But it goes against everything I stand for!
The local dealer apparently has 3. I might go check one out.

Only $878 down too, instead of $1158 in ON.

Offline tooscoops

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +325/-227
  • "stealership" employee
    • View Profile
  • Cars: '75 AMC Pacer, '70 Morgan 4/4, '21 Pacifica Hybrid, '21 Wrangler Rubicon
« Reply #43 on: October 29, 2016, 09:54:12 am »
not sure why fca dealers always feel the need to undercut the other fca dealers... no one can touch the price from another brand, so it should just come down to location, service and stock... no need to blow em out a few hundred bucks less.

but meh... whatever.

the deal at my shop, as long as you don't have charges at the end of the 2 years, it will have cost you about 220 a month taxes included and breaking the down payment into the monthly amount.... that is crazy... great way to see if you can live with a truck.
i used to be addicted to soap, but i'm clean now

Offline dirtyjeffer

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +296/-1312
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2021 Toyota Venza Limited, 2016 Kia Sorento EX AWD
« Reply #44 on: October 31, 2016, 12:56:45 pm »
not sure why fca dealers always feel the need to undercut the other fca dealers... no one can touch the price from another brand, so it should just come down to location, service and stock... no need to blow em out a few hundred bucks less.

but meh... whatever.

the deal at my shop, as long as you don't have charges at the end of the 2 years, it will have cost you about 220 a month taxes included and breaking the down payment into the monthly amount.... that is crazy... great way to see if you can live with a truck.
a coworker called a couple of places here about one, but no go...one dealership showed no interest in talking about it other than "we don't have it" and the other did say they didn't have one, but at least tried to talk a little about it (said they do have other trucks available and specials were available on them, albeit not at that price)...he said it had to be a truck in stock and the deal had to be done today...he likely would have bought one, but like many "low priced specials", they often end up hard to find in real life.

Offline ngorongoro

• Learner's Permit
  • Carma: +3/-4
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: November 01, 2016, 06:54:49 am »

but meh... whatever.

a coworker called a couple of places here about one, but no go...one dealership showed no interest in talking about it other than "we don't have it" and the other did say they didn't have one, but at least tried to talk a little about it (said they do have other trucks available and specials were available on them, albeit not at that price)...he said it had to be a truck in stock and the deal had to be done today...he likely would have bought one, but like many "low priced specials", they often end up hard to find in real life.

I sent the website ad to my local Ram dealer and asked them for a formal quotation for this lease special.  The dealer came back with a poorly written e-mail from an I-phone stating a upfront payment of $2215 and $385 per month and said that it was still a "great deal".

I HATE bait and switch advertising.
23 Mazda CX-5 Past - 15 Volvo XC60 T6, 16.5 Mazda CX-5, 07 Honda Ridgeline, 13 Police Interceptor, 15 VW Golf, 12 Mazda3, 10 MX-5, 07 4Runner, 08 Mazda3, 10 Suzuki Swift, 08 MX-5, 08 Mini Cooper, 07 Mazda3, 01 Nissan Altima, 98 Pontiac Grand Prix, 84 Mazda RX-7, 93 Eagle Talon, 91 VW Jetta

Offline Gurgie

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +310/-518
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2006 Porsche 911 Carrera, 2019 Honda Passport
« Reply #46 on: November 01, 2016, 07:47:43 am »
I sent the website ad to my local Ram dealer and asked them for a formal quotation for this lease special.  The dealer came back with a poorly written e-mail from an I-phone stating a upfront payment of $2215 and $385 per month and said that it was still a "great deal".

Did you bother to check if they have any in stock to begin with first?!? Hard to sell you something that they don't have and seeing as there are a limited amount of them out there, might be hard to find one  ::)
You live everyday. You only die once....

Offline ngorongoro

• Learner's Permit
  • Carma: +3/-4
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 01, 2016, 08:25:12 am »

Did you bother to check if they have any in stock to begin with first?!? Hard to sell you something that they don't have and seeing as there are a limited amount of them out there, might be hard to find one  ::)

Is what you are saying not the dictionary definition of Bait and Switch?

Offline Ex-airbalancer

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +729/-1584
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2011 Silverado 1500 LTZ ext ended cab , 2013 Lexus RX-350 F Sport
« Reply #48 on: November 01, 2016, 08:38:14 am »

Titan thread does not need Ram talk , it already have has hard time trying to get noticed  :rofl2:

Take it up here http://www.autos.ca/forum/index.php?topic=97447.msg1228937#new

Offline OliverD

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +257/-776
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2011 BMW 328i Touring, 1998 Jaguar XJR, 2024 Mini Cooper S
« Reply #49 on: November 01, 2016, 08:50:15 am »

I think this is different from the more classic bait and switch tactic where a dealer advertises a car for sale at a certain price but there's literally only one available. This seems to be a national campaign and if the dealer has the vehicle available it's definitely possible to get that price.

Offline tooscoops

• Car Crazy
  • "stealership" employee
    • View Profile
  • Cars: '75 AMC Pacer, '70 Morgan 4/4, '21 Pacifica Hybrid, '21 Wrangler Rubicon
« Reply #50 on: November 01, 2016, 12:36:10 pm »
we had 5 in total... sold them all each with this lease special in the last week. so it's not bait and switch, it's just a limited offer.

and salespeople have 0% chance of making anything other than a minimum commission and will have to jump through hoops, use a new lease system that we aren't as familiar with, and deal with a customer who is a "bargain shopper" (who are usually the ones you are getting calls from for the next two months asking favours or complaining)... no question that some sales staff will sigh when they pick up the phone to a customer on that deal.

some dealers also don't want to do it. my numbers (as stated before) work out to all taxes included, 144/month, 2335 (if license transfer) due on delivery, 500 of which is security that you hopefully are going to get back.... that makes the dealership a whopping 400 or so off dead cost on a nearly impossible truck to get... now i won't have any left when the next big finance deal comes out... and at least one those, i can sell warranties, rust protection, etc. a 2 year lease, our business office isn't going to make anything.

pretty dumb deal for dealers... for the customer though, it's damn good...

anyway... yeah... titan...

Offline EV-Light

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +125/-1490
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 29, 2016, 05:47:48 pm »
Titan long term update from C&D:

http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/2016-nissan-titan-xd-long-term-update-review

Some highlights:

'Cummins diesel V-8 is unpleasantly noisy—and even took multiple tries to start on a recent not-that-cold morning—and the six-speed automatic clunks and shudders in stop-and-go driving, despite having received a software-reflash update at the dealer.'

'a powerful thirst for diesel exhaust fluid (DEF), which is stored in a 4.5-gallon reservoir and is injected into the exhaust system to reduce oxides of nitrogen emissions. We may have worked our Titan pretty hard during its first couple of months with us, as we did plenty of towing, but the $125 we’ve already spent to add 16 gallons of DEF over 15,000 miles seems exorbitant'

'...Commuting locally means that our meager 15-mpg average hasn’t budged, ...'

Offline wing

• Big Wig
  • Administrator
  • Carma: +279/-320
  • If you ain't first ... you're last!
    • View Profile
    • Drivesideways
  • Cars: 2009 Lexus ISF, 2009 Lexus LX570,2011 Audi A5 Touring Car
« Reply #52 on: December 29, 2016, 06:10:03 pm »
So in 15000 miles they had to add the equivalent cost of 1 more tank of fuel in DEF costs.   Not really that big of a deal....

Offline tooscoops

• Car Crazy
  • "stealership" employee
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 29, 2016, 06:23:56 pm »
yeah.. ecodielsel takes a tank every 16000km ideally... so it has taken them 3 and a half tanks to go about 24000km? sure a bit high, but not that crazy. but then, if you aren't saving anything at the fuel pumps, those small things really add up.

Offline EV-Light

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +125/-1490
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 29, 2016, 07:42:42 pm »
yeah.. ecodielsel takes a tank every 16000km ideally... so it has taken them 3 and a half tanks to go about 24000km? sure a bit high, but not that crazy. but then, if you aren't saving anything at the fuel pumps, those small things really add up.

I think that was their point

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline wing

• Big Wig
  • Administrator
  • Carma: +279/-320
  • If you ain't first ... you're last!
    • View Profile
    • Drivesideways
  • Cars: 2009 Lexus ISF, 2009 Lexus LX570,2011 Audi A5 Touring Car
« Reply #55 on: December 29, 2016, 07:58:23 pm »
There is savings if you tow a lot.   Oh and torque so much torque.