Author Topic: Things seen in the neighborhood  (Read 163553 times)

Offline Bubba

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +382/-442
  • Vice President, Autos.ca Arizona Operations
    • View Profile
    • My photo site
  • Cars: 2013 Toyota Corolla LE
Re: Things seen in the neighborhood
« Reply #700 on: February 09, 2021, 08:34:53 pm »
OOPSS big time!!!

Tow truck driver probably  had a heart attack and didn't even see the house coming  (from what I heard)

Sweet Jaysus! I hadn't noticed the tow truck inside the house!  :o

Wow.  Sad to hear about the driver.
My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government. - Thomas Jefferson

Offline Scaerio

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +193/-127
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2013 Volvo C30 T5; all my exes: 2005 Suzuki Aerio SE, '02 Renault Clio, '93 Volvo 850 GLT, '78 MB W-123 230
« Reply #701 on: February 09, 2021, 10:22:10 pm »
This is a friend of mine's house.     :o

Glad your friend and his family are OK.  Sad news about the driver...
I'd rather be car-poor than house-poor...

Offline draghon

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +20/-27
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Mine [07 Civic SI coupe] Wife [23 Sienna XSE AWD]
« Reply #702 on: February 09, 2021, 10:29:04 pm »
Saw one of the Lambo suv things in Beaumont, its striking, but not in a good way. I don't know what they cost, but its not something I would aspire too.

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk

Weird, just saw my first one in the wild today too. It didn't really stand out to me other than the Lamborghini script on the back. Isn't the point of owning a Lambo to stand out and be noticed?
ex rides: 93 Aerostar XLT AWD
wife ex rides: 07 Wave base, 11 Tiguan Comfortline with sport package, 14 Acadia SLE II AWD

Offline ChaosphereIX

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +187/-377
  • Wont run with the pack
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2015 Jaguar XJR-L
« Reply #703 on: February 10, 2021, 07:07:57 am »
Saw one of the Lambo suv things in Beaumont, its striking, but not in a good way. I don't know what they cost, but its not something I would aspire too.

Weird, just saw my first one in the wild today too. It didn't really stand out to me other than the Lamborghini script on the back. Isn't the point of owning a Lambo to stand out and be noticed?
Yes, but this is corporate VW doung their thing. Corporate platform with a corporate engine and a sprinkling of styling...new product! And thankfully being called out on it. Most recent Carmudgeon episode has Jason Cammisa criticizing VW about that.
If driving an Alfa does not restore vitality to your soul, then just pass the hospital and park at the morgue to save everyone time.

Now drives a Jaaaaaaag...and thus will not pay for anything during an outing...but it is OK, because....I drive a Jaaaaaag.

Online OliverD

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +255/-775
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2011 BMW 328i Touring, 1998 Jaguar XJR, 2024 Mini Cooper S
« Reply #704 on: February 10, 2021, 08:39:33 am »
I definitely preferred the styling of the concept. The production version doesn't do much for me. I'd rather have a G63 or Cayenne Turbo. Or even an Alpina XB7.

Offline Fobroader

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1424/-2122
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2020 Toyota Tundra, 2021 Lexus GX460, 2018 Kawasaki Versys X300
« Reply #705 on: February 10, 2021, 10:07:33 am »

Well yeah, but I can't imagine what kind of floor licking moron you would have to be to look at Lambos lineup and pick this suv, essentially a Touareg in a fancy dress. I mean, a G63 makes a bigger statement and all those german AMG/M/RS things are almost as good at half the price and they look better.

Lighten up Francis.....

Offline JG20

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +24/-46
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2016 Subaru WRX STI, 2022 Acura MDX (wifey's)
« Reply #706 on: February 10, 2021, 10:57:45 am »

Well yeah, but I can't imagine what kind of floor licking moron you would have to be to look at Lambos lineup and pick this suv, essentially a Touareg in a fancy dress. I mean, a G63 makes a bigger statement and all those german AMG/M/RS things are almost as good at half the price and they look better.

Why are they morons for buying the Urus? By all accounts they drive amazing. If someone had the means and already had a Huracan, why wouldn't they look at an Urus to haul their family?

I've seen a few in my area. They look like a Lambo SUV. Definitely would not turn one down.

Offline Fobroader

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1424/-2122
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2020 Toyota Tundra, 2021 Lexus GX460, 2018 Kawasaki Versys X300
« Reply #707 on: February 10, 2021, 12:00:23 pm »

Why are they morons for buying the Urus? By all accounts they drive amazing. If someone had the means and already had a Huracan, why wouldn't they look at an Urus to haul their family?

I've seen a few in my area. They look like a Lambo SUV. Definitely would not turn one down.

I'm with you.

Not for me...at all...but don't get the hate. It is what it is. Lambos biggest seller.
To me the Mulliner and Bentayga are the same thing, get the car. The SUV is a poor execution of the brand.

Offline JG20

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +24/-46
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2016 Subaru WRX STI, 2022 Acura MDX (wifey's)
« Reply #708 on: February 10, 2021, 12:25:09 pm »

I'm with you.

Not for me...at all...but don't get the hate. It is what it is. Lambos biggest seller.
To me the Mulliner and Bentayga are the same thing, get the car. The SUV is a poor execution of the brand.

But what if f they already have the car (or cars)? Who even cares? It would be a pretty boring world if everyone liked the same thing. You don't have to like the Urus, but calling someone a moron for buying one is moronic.

Offline Railton

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +243/-156
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2017 Infiniti QX60 Touring, 2010 Infiniti G37S 6M, 2020 Hyundai Kona 1.6T Trend
« Reply #709 on: February 19, 2021, 04:18:43 pm »
I'm pretty sure it's '62 Bird...with an open trunk. ;)
Railton
Interestingly, this place just came up for sale. A steal at $4.4M.
https://www.realtor.ca/real-estate/22670922/3308-lakeshore-rd-w-oakville-bronte-west
Weird time to list it.
I wonder what happened to the other cars that were parked around it - 73 Mustang and 67 Cougar for example.
Obliviously, a Ford guy lived there.
Railton
One week to go till closing and the Bird is still there.
Railton
Do you realize that in about 30 (updated as requested) years, we'll have millions of old ladies running around with tattoos?

Offline TheHire

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +103/-404
  • Manual Preservation Officer
    • View Profile
    • DoubleClutch.ca Magazine
  • Cars: '07 V8 Vantage 6MT, '91 Diablo, '97 550 Maranello, '91 911 Carrera, '04 S2000, '00 M5, '90 Camry AllTrac, '09 LS 460 AWD, '24 LC 500 Performance, '97 Integra Type R, '24 Santa Fe Calligraphy
« Reply #710 on: February 19, 2021, 08:19:59 pm »

I'm with you.

I typically agree, but I was behind a bright green (Verde Ithaca) Urus the other day on my way to work. Something about it really makes me want one. I liked the one I reviewed last year, too.

That said, if I were buying an "uber-SUV", I'd probably just buy a used G-Wagon because they literally do not depreciate.
Resident Connoisseur of Jalopies & Reality Checks

Offline ChaosphereIX

• Car Crazy
  • Wont run with the pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #711 on: February 19, 2021, 08:49:46 pm »
Dont get me started...

Offline TheHire

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
  • Cars: '07 V8 Vantage 6MT, '91 Diablo, '97 550 Maranello, '91 911 Carrera, '04 S2000, '00 M5, '90 Camry AllTrac, '09 LS 460 AWD, '24 LC 500 Performance, '97 Integra Type R, '24 Santa Fe Calligraphy
« Reply #712 on: February 20, 2021, 06:10:13 pm »
I sort of tried to make a "goal" with Mrs. Hire that I'd buy her the Aston DBX SUV once my salary hits a certain point, assuming we have the house paid off and no debts.

Her response was that she wouldn't be caught dead in such an ostentatious thing, and that all she'd ever need is a V60 Cross Country...

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1254/-7214
    • View Profile
« Reply #713 on: February 20, 2021, 06:21:17 pm »

wouldn't be caught dead in such an ostentatious thing,

Was thinking the same.

Good for her
How fast is my 911?  Supras sh*t on on me all the time...in reverse..with blown turbos  :( ...

Offline Railton

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2017 Infiniti QX60 Touring, 2010 Infiniti G37S 6M, 2020 Hyundai Kona 1.6T Trend
Things seen in the neighborhood
« Reply #714 on: March 01, 2021, 12:23:56 pm »
Grocery getter.
Railton

Offline Gurgie

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +309/-518
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2006 Porsche 911 Carrera, 2019 Honda Passport
« Reply #715 on: March 01, 2021, 12:27:36 pm »
Railton
https://www.realtor.ca/real-estate/22670922/3308-lakeshore-rd-w-oakville-bronte-west
Weird time to list it.
I wonder what happened to the other cars that were parked around it - 73 Mustang and 67 Cougar for example.
Railton
Railton

Leave a note on it?  ;D
You live everyday. You only die once....

Offline Railton

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #716 on: March 01, 2021, 07:02:55 pm »
Railton
Weird time to list it.
Railton
Railton

Leave a note on it?  ;D
The next day after I posted there was a small 'team' of guys with a flatbed and a snow blower working on getting the bird out.
She's gone.
Railton

Offline TheHire

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #717 on: March 01, 2021, 09:45:12 pm »
Railton
Weird time to list it.
Railton
Railton

Leave a note on it?  ;D
The next day after I posted there was a small 'team' of guys with a flatbed and a snow blower working on getting the bird out.
She's gone.
Railton

Guess Firm beat you to it!  ;)

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1254/-7214
    • View Profile
« Reply #718 on: March 17, 2021, 08:53:11 pm »
My neighbor now has an RS6. Will snap a pic tomorrow if it's out of his garage.

Snap a pic?

You need a test drive!!   ;D

Offline ChaosphereIX

• Car Crazy
  • Wont run with the pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #719 on: March 17, 2021, 09:02:08 pm »
My neighbor now has an RS6. Will snap a pic tomorrow if it's out of his garage.
HERO