Author Topic: Jeep Pickup, Grand Cherokee Hellcat all going into production  (Read 7426 times)

Offline Autos_Editor

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +91/-560
    • View Profile
Jeep Pickup, Grand Cherokee Hellcat all going into production
« on: January 19, 2016, 11:33:11 am »

A blitz of vehicles have been confirmed for production in the near future, from the Grand Cherokee Trackhawk and Gladiator-to-be to the Hyundai Santa Cruz and returning Audi TT-RS.
Read More...

Offline Fobroader

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1424/-2123
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2020 Toyota Tundra, 2021 Lexus GX460, 2018 Kawasaki Versys X300
Re: Jeep Pickup, Grand Cherokee Hellcat all going into production
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2016, 11:37:58 am »
Man a debadged Hellcat GC would make an awesome sleeper  :o :o The most utterly insane, useless SUV ever made by an actual manufacturer, I do not like 98% of your products Fiatsler, but the Hellcat brand, to paraphrase the great Al Pacino,

Lighten up Francis.....

Offline mixmanmash

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +103/-326
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2014 Honda Odyssey Touring; 1993 Nissan 300ZX Twin Turbo; 1990 Nissan 300ZX Twin Turbo; 2009 Nissan Rogue S AWD (wife's); 2002 Mazda Protege ES-GT (retired)
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2016, 12:50:17 pm »
Man a debadged Hellcat GC would make an awesome sleeper  :o :o The most utterly insane, useless SUV ever made by an actual manufacturer, I do not like 98% of your products Fiatsler, but the Hellcat brand, to paraphrase the great Al Pacino,

Yep.  I'd rock a Hellcat.  But I couldn't keep it stock.  I'd have to unbolt the supercharger and get some cast iron or cast stainless steel exhaust manifolds made up and bolt on a pair of Borg Warner EFR Turbos or Garrett GTX Turbos.  I bet it would make more power/torque throughout the RPM range at the same boost level.

Offline Fobroader

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2016, 12:54:37 pm »

Yep.  I'd rock a Hellcat.  But I couldn't keep it stock.  I'd have to unbolt the supercharger and get some cast iron or cast stainless steel exhaust manifolds made up and bolt on a pair of Borg Warner EFR Turbos or Garrett GTX Turbos.  I bet it would make more power/torque throughout the RPM range at the same boost level.

PLUS....the ever important PSHHH  ;D

Offline JacobBlack

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +440/-499
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2008 Ford F-150
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2016, 12:58:45 pm »
Yep.  I'd rock a Hellcat.  But I couldn't keep it stock.  I'd have to ruin it.

Fixed.  :rofl2:

Offline mixmanmash

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2014 Honda Odyssey Touring; 1993 Nissan 300ZX Twin Turbo; 1990 Nissan 300ZX Twin Turbo; 2009 Nissan Rogue S AWD (wife's); 2002 Mazda Protege ES-GT (retired)
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2016, 01:00:04 pm »

Nope, I guarantee it would make it better.  More power is always better.

Offline Fobroader

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2016, 01:01:07 pm »

Have all the "tuner" cars you have seen come from the Canadian Tire performance aisle??

Offline tooscoops

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +325/-227
  • "stealership" employee
    • View Profile
  • Cars: '75 AMC Pacer, '70 Morgan 4/4, '21 Pacifica Hybrid, '21 Wrangler Rubicon
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2016, 01:03:34 pm »
everyone always thinks they can just make it better so easily... i'm sure it *could* be made better by using a top quality selection of parts and have a highly skilled tech put it all together. so is it worth another 25g's to get a car just a touch more insane than a 707hp suv? maybe to some, but for me, i'll trust automotive engineers and their accounting counterparts to come up with the formula that equals best bang for your buck.

i used to be addicted to soap, but i'm clean now

Offline mixmanmash

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2016, 01:07:59 pm »
everyone always thinks they can just make it better so easily... i'm sure it *could* be made better by using a top quality selection of parts and have a highly skilled tech put it all together. so is it worth another 25g's to get a car just a touch more insane than a 707hp suv? maybe to some, but for me, i'll trust automotive engineers and their accounting counterparts to come up with the formula that equals best bang for your buck.

Good for you.  See, I'd buy a Hellcat used when it's about 1/3rd the price new and then mod it.  To be honest, it wouldn't cost $25k for what I am looking at doing.  Probably, at the most, half of that on the upper end.

Offline Fobroader

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2016, 01:08:51 pm »

No accountant has ever made a car better....ever seen something on another great car that didn't make sense or seemed really cheap....thank the bean counters for that. As for twin turbos....$25k....who the hell is doing this conversion for you, a BMW dealer??

Offline tooscoops

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +325/-227
  • "stealership" employee
    • View Profile
  • Cars: '75 AMC Pacer, '70 Morgan 4/4, '21 Pacifica Hybrid, '21 Wrangler Rubicon
« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2016, 01:26:49 pm »
heh...

i really do just love everyone's opinion these days in the world... everyone knows better than everyone else... even when the things they do, they do well enough to get paid huge amounts of money to do it. not just tuning a car/designing a car, but building a road, marketing a product, healing the sick....

sometimes things are done purely to save money/increase profit, for sure... but without those decisions, the car wouldn't end up sold new in the first place. this truck is going to be around 100k by the time we get it... going by that math and comparable prices in the past for srts, (mix) you'll be waiting until this jeep is 8+ years old and over 130kms before you start tearing it down and adding power.... not a problem... to repeat what you said, good for you. enjoy someone else's sledgehammer! do you shop for a wife a brothel too?! (no offense!!, just kidding, but i feel it's a similar comparison!)

Offline Fobroader

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2016, 01:29:24 pm »
heh...

i really do just love everyone's opinion these days in the world... everyone knows better than everyone else... even when the things they do, they do well enough to get paid huge amounts of money to do it. not just tuning a car/designing a car, but building a road, marketing a product, healing the sick....

sometimes things are done purely to save money/increase profit, for sure... but without those decisions, the car wouldn't end up sold new in the first place. this truck is going to be around 100k by the time we get it... going by that math and comparable prices in the past for srts, (mix) you'll be waiting until this jeep is 8+ years old and over 130kms before you start tearing it down and adding power.... not a problem... to repeat what you said, good for you. enjoy someone else's sledgehammer! do you shop for a wife a brothel too?! (no offense!!, just kidding, but i feel it's a similar comparison!)

Unlike an STI or an EVO but much like the Shelbys and Z28s, this vehicle will most likely be bought by men who haven't had a non chemically enhanced erection since Clinton was in the oral...errrr...oval office. I would buy a used Hellcat without a second thought.

Offline Sir Osis of Liver

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1376/-1726
  • Ramblin' man
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2017 KTM DUKE 390, 2019 VW Jetta GLI 35th Anniversary
« Reply #12 on: January 19, 2016, 01:35:19 pm »

Ok, that's a funny one.  :rofl:
On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last, and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.

H. L. Mencken

Offline PJ

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +64/-153
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 20, 2016, 12:47:45 pm »

Heard that so many times over the decades.  "Better" is rarely ever the end result.  Always cost way more then they think too. 

Offline mixmanmash

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 20, 2016, 08:59:19 pm »

Heard that so many times over the decades.  "Better" is rarely ever the end result.  Always cost way more then they think too.

I guess those people haven't done the proper research and don't have the experience.  I certainly do and am well aware of the costs involved to do it properly.

Offline EV Dan

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +480/-384
    • View Profile
  • Cars: '21 Venzaurus
« Reply #15 on: January 20, 2016, 09:24:04 pm »
The information finally got confirmed to the media in Detroit: we will see a 707 hp, 650 lb-ft of torque Jeep Grand Cherokee be born. The beast will do the 0-100 in under four seconds – which is a funny mental image considering the size of the vehicle.

Firefighters having them unwrapped from trees and lampposts is the mental image I'm getting. YMMV of course  :P  Speaking of which OPEC is having a meeting next month, so guys, buy your V8's while you can "sell" the idea to your significant others  :)
Give a man a fish, he eats for a day. Teach the man to fish and he wakes you up at 5 in the morning.

Offline johngenx

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +758/-938
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2009 Toyota Corolla, 2004 Toyota Highlander V-6 4WD, 2001 Subaru Forester, 1994 Mazda Miata
« Reply #16 on: January 20, 2016, 09:43:52 pm »
I'm pretty sure the monster V-8 can handle more power and I also suspect that mix-m is right that you could probably do a turbo conversion and not spend GT-R modding kinda dough.  Of course, your warranty and resale is shot to hell, but as a modding exercise, it would be fun.  Given the relative rarity of the cars though, personally I'd start with a non-Hellcat car and go to town on it.

Offline PJ

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +64/-153
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 21, 2016, 10:22:09 am »

I guess those people haven't done the proper research and don't have the experience.  I certainly do and am well aware of the costs involved to do it properly.

Ok. When you're done let us know and maybe the editors will test it for you. See how you did.

Offline Sir Osis of Liver

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1376/-1726
  • Ramblin' man
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2017 KTM DUKE 390, 2019 VW Jetta GLI 35th Anniversary
« Reply #18 on: January 21, 2016, 10:24:34 am »
Adding more power to the Hellcat:

;D

Offline mixmanmash

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 21, 2016, 09:44:48 pm »

Ok. When you're done let us know and maybe the editors will test it for you. See how you did.
Come and drive my 300ZX and it'll give you an indication...

Anyways, you'll be waiting a while as  I'd buy it used for quite a bit less and then mod it.  In all seriousness, I tend to stay away from FCA products, so maybe I'll never do it.  The only one that really gets my heart racing is the upcoming Alfa Romeo Guilia.

Next project for me is likely a 350Z or G35 Coupe.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2016, 09:57:23 pm by mixmanmash »