Author Topic: Jeep goes bronze for 2016 with 75th anniversary special edition trim packages  (Read 8596 times)

Offline Autos_Editor

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +91/-560
    • View Profile
Even the unloved Compass and Patriot get to feel special
Read More...

Offline mixmanmash

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +103/-326
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2014 Honda Odyssey Touring; 1993 Nissan 300ZX Twin Turbo; 1990 Nissan 300ZX Twin Turbo; 2009 Nissan Rogue S AWD (wife's); 2002 Mazda Protege ES-GT (retired)
I can't believe they are still making the Patriot and Compass...

Offline Fobroader

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1424/-2122
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2020 Toyota Tundra, 2021 Lexus GX460, 2018 Kawasaki Versys X300

Ditto.....
Lighten up Francis.....

Offline tooscoops

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +325/-227
  • "stealership" employee
    • View Profile
  • Cars: '75 AMC Pacer, '70 Morgan 4/4, '21 Pacifica Hybrid, '21 Wrangler Rubicon
last year, they were saying the patriot wasn't going to come out... then it did... and it's american numbers were incredible for what the car is... it outsold the sante fe, sorento, cx-5, terrain and lots of good cars...  canadian numbers were the highest they had been since 2010, back when it was somewhat competitive...

they probably figured, since the cars replacing them aren't built in those factories, why not keeping making them? keep people working, no money spent on r&d and get a bit of sales #'s to pad the totals...

from my experience, there were a lot of people wanting that size, not wanting any new technology, liking tradition suv shapes and not being on board with the new transmissions and such... plus, at just over 25 grand, you get a 4x4 with heated leather, sunroof ++....

but yeah... outdated and all that... compass doesn't sell as well... much less discounts here at least. in the US it was it's best year though... those cars are basically proof that at the right price, anything (to a point) will sell.

anywho, the 75th packages... just more confusing fodder to order... oh well. i do like the bumpers on the wrangler. but between the sport, sahara, rubicon, willys, night sky, backcountry, rubicon x, 75th ann., it gets tough to order the right thing.

i used to be addicted to soap, but i'm clean now

Offline OliverD

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +255/-775
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2011 BMW 328i Touring, 1998 Jaguar XJR, 2024 Mini Cooper S

I can. They sell 200k a year.

Offline mixmanmash

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +103/-326
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2014 Honda Odyssey Touring; 1993 Nissan 300ZX Twin Turbo; 1990 Nissan 300ZX Twin Turbo; 2009 Nissan Rogue S AWD (wife's); 2002 Mazda Protege ES-GT (retired)

I can. They sell 200k a year.

Wow.  With Tooscoops explanation it makes sense.

Offline Fobroader

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
I guess I just can't believe someone would buy a Compass or Patriot with basically every bit of evidence out there telling them its a bad idea.

Offline tooscoops

• Car Crazy
  • "stealership" employee
    • View Profile
  • Cars: '75 AMC Pacer, '70 Morgan 4/4, '21 Pacifica Hybrid, '21 Wrangler Rubicon
as much as i don't love em... just had one traded in with 417km.... and mine has been great... it's only real faults have been remedied (6 speed, softer plastics)... i wish i could hate it, but it's been good.

Offline PJ

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +64/-153
    • View Profile
I was impressed with the 19.9k base price of the Renegade until I noticed the Patriot starts more then $5000 cheaper with factory rebates.   The interior is fine now and it's roomy.  I've known a couple with them and they are reliable. 

Not sure I would buy one but I see why people do.  You get a lot for your money. 

Offline Sir Osis of Liver

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1376/-1726
  • Ramblin' man
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2017 KTM DUKE 390, 2019 VW Jetta GLI 35th Anniversary
They had been decently reliable in CR reliability ratings.

Edit. Checked again. Jesus CR's website is a mess now.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2016, 06:21:45 pm by Sir Osis of Liver »
On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last, and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.

H. L. Mencken

Offline blotter

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +92/-128
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2014 Taco
while I wouldn't buy a Patriot or Compass,

my FIL has a loaded Patriot that is 3 years old.
it was a few months old when he bought it and got a really huge discount.

I've driven it to Toronto and back and didn't find it to be such a bad vehicle.
I was also impressive with the vehicle in general (I had low expectations)

He really likes it.  It's been 100% reliable.

They have a BMW and an Acura, so to be happy with Patriot seems to say a lot (IMO)

Offline tooscoops

• Car Crazy
  • "stealership" employee
    • View Profile
my parents still have their 2009... this is a guy who had owned a chrysler dealership for 25 years... has driven everything under the sun... always took the flagship model as his demo. never kept anything (other than classics) for more than about 6 months.

he says it is the best car he's ever had all things considered.

given, i also think he's crazy... but it really has been all they could have asked for, especially considering the price. they now keep it in florida as their rig when they go south for the winter.

Offline redman

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +100/-298
  • Make mine a flat white, triple shot.
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee, 2010 Subaru Legacy Limited, 2009 Pontiac Vibe GT son's
Is it me or does that matte bronze finish look green ?

Green on the JGC just fails. Almost any colour can fly on the wrangler even funky colours.
Past New (8yrs) Car Dealer for : BMW, Lexus, Nissan and Toyota<br />Past Used Vehicle Dealer: All Makes and Models. Seen a lot of it. Drove a lot of it. <br />Four-stroke Otto Engine 1876. Modern timer, pop-up toaster 1919 keep convincing yourself that you have the "latest appliance".

Offline OliverD

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +255/-775
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2011 BMW 328i Touring, 1998 Jaguar XJR, 2024 Mini Cooper S
Those grille inserts look awful, though I suppose they are better than the '16 Saharas that have chrome grille inserts.  :hurl:

Offline Fobroader

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
Those grille inserts look awful, though I suppose they are better than the '16 Saharas that have chrome grille inserts.  :hurl:

Only grille inserts that belong on a Wrangler are the ones that are mesh and stop rocks....chrome don't get you home.

Offline tooscoops

• Car Crazy
  • "stealership" employee
    • View Profile
indeed... appeals to most sahara buyers though... and it's more that aluminum look than chrome. basically they moved that silver bumper cover to the grille to keep some contrast up there... i haven't checked too close, but it looks like it would be pretty much impossible to just remove as well... you would have to replace the whole thing.

as for colour, i have yet to see any of the "bronze" stuff. the hellcat was the first with the bronze wheels, but they were late availability, so i never saw any in person. and i agree red... the wrangler and even renegade can get away with some colour... grand cherokee... nope.

Offline PJ

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +64/-153
    • View Profile
Is it me or does that matte bronze finish look green ?

Green on the JGC just fails. Almost any colour can fly on the wrangler even funky colours.

My 95 JGC was green and it looks great.  I'd have to see the shade of green on a new one but the picture looks promising. Sure beats silver or grey.

Offline dkaz

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +289/-389
  • Flip flop
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 12 Mazda 5 GT 6MT
An old coworker of mine, Swiss guy with a heavy accent, adores his Jeep Patriot. Raves about it all the time. He hates his RAV4 in comparison, calls it a problematic POS.

Offline dirtyjeffer

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +296/-1312
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2021 Toyota Venza Limited, 2016 Kia Sorento EX AWD
we have a Jeep Liberty at work (company runner vehicle)...while it's well used, it has about 430k kms on it and still goes...sure, it's not as fancy as the new stuff, but for an SUV with decent ground clearance, 4x4 capability (not hard core, but certainly more than adequate as a soft roader) and doing errands in, it's been a pretty decent vehicle.
When you've lost the argument, admit defeat and hit the smite button.

Offline EV-Light

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +125/-1490
    • View Profile
Jeep goes bronze for 2016 with 75th anniversary special edition trim packages
« Reply #19 on: January 08, 2016, 11:42:44 pm »
^^ good for you! My neighbours' Jeep was a POS, they kept it for 6 years but latest round of issues was too much. They replaced it with a RAV4....next in line is their Caliber.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk