Author Topic: Cadillac XT6 flagship priced to start at $61,245  (Read 19862 times)

Offline safristi

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +471/-416
    • View Profile
  • Cars: since the beginning of Saf timeLOTUS ELAN,STANDARD... 10, MG midget, MGB (2),Mazda Millennia,Hyundai Veloster and 1997 Ford Ranger 2014 Subaru Forester XT
Re: Cadillac XT6 flagship priced to start at $61,245
« Reply #20 on: December 24, 2015, 10:57:16 am »
 ::)  DEAD ON.............. ;D
Time is to stop everything happening at once

Offline revalations

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +101/-329
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Chrysler Lebaron
« Reply #21 on: December 24, 2015, 11:46:48 am »
I no longer think the V8 is mandatory.... Plenty of people like the fuel efficiency and power delivery of a turbo 6 and just don't care how many cylinders there are.

True, but are those people buying the big dog (of sorts) Cadillac land yacht?   

I'm with rrocket.   V8 or bust.
Will the limo drivers at the airport care if it has v8 ?
Will the  funeral home drivers care if it has a v8?
Will anyone Else buy this car ?

Oddly enough they've all switched over to Lincoln MKT suv. I was at the airport last week and there were oddles of these. They even say "town car" on the door. The funeral parlor has them as limos as well.

Cadillac CT6 would make a sweet looking limo though. It's far to nice to be stuck with livery duty though.  ;D

Offline TheHire

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +103/-403
  • Manual Preservation Officer
    • View Profile
    • DoubleClutch.ca Magazine
  • Cars: '07 V8 Vantage 6MT, '91 Diablo, '97 550 Maranello, '91 911 Carrera, '04 S2000, '00 M5, '90 Camry AllTrac, '09 LS 460 AWD, '24 LC 500 Performance, '97 Integra Type R, '24 Santa Fe Calligraphy
« Reply #22 on: December 24, 2015, 11:59:25 am »
I no longer think the V8 is mandatory.... Plenty of people like the fuel efficiency and power delivery of a turbo 6 and just don't care how many cylinders there are.

Oddly enough they've all switched over to Lincoln MKT suv. I was at the airport last week and there were oddles of these. They even say "town car" on the door. The funeral parlor has them as limos as well.

Cadillac CT6 would make a sweet looking limo though. It's far to nice to be stuck with livery duty though.  ;D

This is true - all the airport limos are now MKTs and Lexus ES300h.
Resident Connoisseur of Jalopies & Reality Checks

Offline EV-Light

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +125/-1490
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 24, 2015, 02:46:58 pm »

where?? In TO it seems most are full size SUVs, XTS and the odd Lexus ES.

Offline HeliDriver

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +176/-235
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2023 Crosstrek Sport 6MT; 2011 Yukon XL 2500
« Reply #24 on: December 24, 2015, 03:36:41 pm »
^^ Calgary. Black MKTs swarming around the airport like horseflies there.

Never seen the inside of one, but from the outside I actually thought they look pretty convincing as a limo.

Offline revalations

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +101/-329
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Chrysler Lebaron
« Reply #25 on: December 24, 2015, 03:44:55 pm »

Never seen the inside of one, but from the outside I actually thought they look pretty convincing as a limo.

Yep, everywhere here in Calgary. Still the odd Town car still in service too. Never seen any XTS here except for a hearse, Seen plenty of MXT limos too.

Offline TheHire

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +103/-403
  • Manual Preservation Officer
    • View Profile
    • DoubleClutch.ca Magazine
  • Cars: '07 V8 Vantage 6MT, '91 Diablo, '97 550 Maranello, '91 911 Carrera, '04 S2000, '00 M5, '90 Camry AllTrac, '09 LS 460 AWD, '24 LC 500 Performance, '97 Integra Type R, '24 Santa Fe Calligraphy
« Reply #26 on: December 24, 2015, 04:25:34 pm »

Pearson? You nuts? I'd say it's now 50% Lexus ES, 20% Lincoln MKT, 20% remaining Town Cars, 5% XTS, and 5% mix between Navigator and Expedition (which are only owned by Zahavy Limo)

Offline mixmanmash

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +103/-326
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2014 Honda Odyssey Touring; 1993 Nissan 300ZX Twin Turbo; 1990 Nissan 300ZX Twin Turbo; 2009 Nissan Rogue S AWD (wife's); 2002 Mazda Protege ES-GT (retired)
« Reply #27 on: December 24, 2015, 06:17:00 pm »

Yep, everywhere here in Calgary. Still the odd Town car still in service too. Never seen any XTS here except for a hearse, Seen plenty of MXT limos too.

I saw a MKT hearse here in Edmonton the other day.  I had to do a double take as it's the first that I've seen.

Offline blur911

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +244/-779
  • Nasty Weasel
    • View Profile
  • Cars: and bikes by age:BMW, Porsche, Subaru, Suzuki, Suzuki, Mazda, Jaguar, Kawasaki, Porsche, GMC, Suzuki
« Reply #28 on: December 24, 2015, 06:49:45 pm »
Has nobody here noticed that the article title and thread title say "XT6"? The car in question is the CT6...

Yup, I came here expecting this   ;D
Mr Pickypants

Offline EV Dan

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +480/-383
    • View Profile
  • Cars: '21 Venzaurus
« Reply #29 on: December 24, 2015, 07:25:25 pm »
Because a 400hp/400ft-lb twin turbo V6 is sooo inadequate.

You'd think you guys were born in 1940.  :P

Normally aspirated V8s are dead. Get used to it.

A halo, flagship luxury car needs a V8.  Period.

And odd you should say that...since the best engine GM makes (by far) is a NA V8.

Lots of good V8s out there, but they're going away. Smaller turbocharged engines are taking over.

I agree.  But not for luxury flagships.

Yep. It doesn't need a blown high tech V6. It's not a sports car and it's not made to carve corners or set 1/4 mile records. What does matter for an average CT6 buyer IMO is a luxurious ride whose softness a quietness are only interrupted by a pleasant rumble of a refined V8 powerplant should the need for brisk acceleration arise. Besides a hybrid all this car needs is a NA V6 for an affordable entry price and obviously the above mentioned V8. GM has failed to understand its target audience with this [not quite yet] flagship.
I predict the NA V6 will be the sales leader. I'd consider buying one used.
Give a man a fish, he eats for a day. Teach the man to fish and he wakes you up at 5 in the morning.

Offline EV-Light

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
Cadillac XT6 flagship priced to start at $61,245
« Reply #30 on: December 24, 2015, 07:27:37 pm »

Pearson? You nuts? I'd say it's now 50% Lexus ES, 20% Lincoln MKT, 20% remaining Town Cars, 5% XTS, and 5% mix between Navigator and Expedition (which are only owned by Zahavy Limo)

Not at all....I fly to TO twice a month, got clients there so I am always using the limo service.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline mixmanmash

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +103/-326
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2014 Honda Odyssey Touring; 1993 Nissan 300ZX Twin Turbo; 1990 Nissan 300ZX Twin Turbo; 2009 Nissan Rogue S AWD (wife's); 2002 Mazda Protege ES-GT (retired)
« Reply #31 on: December 24, 2015, 07:31:46 pm »
Because a 400hp/400ft-lb twin turbo V6 is sooo inadequate.

You'd think you guys were born in 1940.  :P

Normally aspirated V8s are dead. Get used to it.

And odd you should say that...since the best engine GM makes (by far) is a NA V8.

Lots of good V8s out there, but they're going away. Smaller turbocharged engines are taking over.

Yep. It doesn't need a blown high tech V6. It's not a sports car and it's not made to carve corners or set 1/4 mile records. What does matter for an average CT6 buyer IMO is a luxurious ride whose softness a quietness are only interrupted by a pleasant rumble of a refined V8 powerplant should the need for brisk acceleration arise. Besides a hybrid all this car needs is a NA V6 for an affordable entry price and obviously the above mentioned V8. GM has failed to understand its target audience with this [not quite yet] flagship.
Ever think that maybe GM is trying to find a new target audience?

Offline EV Dan

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +480/-383
    • View Profile
  • Cars: '21 Venzaurus
« Reply #32 on: December 25, 2015, 10:28:42 am »
They have with the ATS and some of their Buick, but I don't think they are targeting young professionals with this full size luxury sedan; that would be amusing.

Offline OliverD

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +255/-770
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2011 BMW 328i Touring, 1998 Jaguar XJR, 2024 Mini Cooper S
« Reply #33 on: December 25, 2015, 04:03:32 pm »
Pricing is up on gm.ca. No options available aside from colour and a block heater on the Platinum models. Price with freight of a Platinum twin turbo is $101,270.

Offline CanuckS2K

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +398/-316
    • View Profile
    • Prestige Auto Detail
  • Cars: 1991 Toyota MR2 Turbo, 2005 Honda S2000, 2014 Infiniti Q50S, 2017 Ford F-150 Lariat
« Reply #34 on: December 25, 2015, 08:12:07 pm »
Pricing is up on gm.ca. No options available aside from colour and a block heater on the Platinum models. Price with freight of a Platinum twin turbo is $101,270.

:o :o  Holy!  No way in heck I'd pay that for a Caddy.  That kind of money for me would easily go to something with proven reliability like a Lexus. 
Owner - Prestige Auto Detailing & Hammond River Brewing

Offline EV-Light

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 25, 2015, 09:02:49 pm »

:o :o  Holy!  No way in heck I'd pay that for a Caddy.  That kind of money for me would easily go to something with proven reliability like a Lexus.

I am going to say this again...but the price for this car is a mistake for Cadillac...give me a SWB S Class at ~$100K instead.

Offline lebowski

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +96/-70
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Car: '06 Legacy GT Wagon 5-speed. Rich corinthian leather upholstery. Roof rack. AM/FM/CD.
« Reply #36 on: December 26, 2015, 01:20:25 pm »

Except for the part where Jag, BMW and Audi are all offering their own blown 6-cyl full-size luxury cars, and at a higher price point than the Cadillac (Audi's is cheaper but much lower on power). I have to think the car company that poured so much R&D money into the CT6 did do their homework, and did choose the right powertrain for their target customer.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2015, 02:14:22 pm by lebowski »

Offline OliverD

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +255/-770
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2011 BMW 328i Touring, 1998 Jaguar XJR, 2024 Mini Cooper S
« Reply #37 on: December 26, 2015, 05:03:57 pm »

I am going to say this again...but the price for this car is a mistake for Cadillac...give me a SWB S Class at ~$100K instead.

Playing devil's advocate, for the price of this car all you are getting is a base-model, zero option S400 SWB. To get the Mercedes comparably equipped you need to add multiple expensive option packages and the Cadillac will still have 70 more horsepower. The reality is that if we're looking at equivalent models the true price difference is more along the lines of $25-30k in favour of the CT6.

Granted, the Cadillac lacks the cachet, prestige, etc. of the Mercedes. However, on paper, it hardly sounds like the Cadillac is a poor value.

Offline Noto

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +774/-2132
  • This forum is making me almost as bitter as SirO
    • View Profile
  • Cars: '23 Mazda CX-50 Turbo; '24 Crosstrek Wilderness
« Reply #38 on: December 29, 2015, 10:42:44 am »
If the CT6 comes in at the same weight, the 2.0L will move it along ok. 0-60 in the CTS 2.0L in ~6.2 seconds, the V6 is roughly 6.0L.
That's a big V6 ;D

And the naming convention truly is stupid, but whatever...that also won't deter sales.  Nor will the lack of a V8 - 400hp is nothing to sneeze at, and not many people will care about how many cylinders it has - the low-end torques (all 400 of them!) will make up for it.

The pricing is spot on.  Even at $100k, you know out-the-door OTR pricing for the top model won't exceed $90k taxes in :P

...and even if it does, you're getting industry firsts and decent tech without the "FGC" concerns (albeit, now you have the GM-related concerns).  Hell, it's actually a pretty compelling package.

...but, as pointed out:
And it's still using the control stalks from the Cruze?  :rofl2:
^^ this should not be, and CUE (specifically the sliders) is still too irritating to use.

Offline bluelines

• Enthusiast
  • Carma: +12/-23
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 31, 2015, 10:47:38 am »
Depreciation will remove quite a lot of that delta, though. Not sure there is much that will depreciate faster than a $100k Cadillac sedan. I imagine the S-Class isn't great in terms of retained value either, but the Cadillac is sure to be much worse.

Playing devil's advocate, for the price of this car all you are getting is a base-model, zero option S400 SWB. To get the Mercedes comparably equipped you need to add multiple expensive option packages and the Cadillac will still have 70 more horsepower. The reality is that if we're looking at equivalent models the true price difference is more along the lines of $25-30k in favour of the CT6.

Granted, the Cadillac lacks the cachet, prestige, etc. of the Mercedes. However, on paper, it hardly sounds like the Cadillac is a poor value.