Author Topic: First Drive: 2016 Chevrolet Camaro  (Read 18300 times)

Offline ChaosphereIX

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +187/-377
  • Wont run with the pack
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2015 Jaguar XJR-L
Re: First Drive: 2016 Chevrolet Camaro
« Reply #40 on: December 09, 2015, 02:14:26 am »
Everybody knows what all the secretary's prefer to buy,  big numbers for the Mustang. If you want the sports car buy the Camaro. Gen 6 Camaro is killing the Mustang in all the reviews and I suspect It'll hurt its sales too.

Odd...the bulk of Camaros I see are secretary cars too.  But that has always been the case.  The V8s aren't ever the bulk of the sales IMO.  But never mind..the interior of the Camaro is still a train wreck.  I'd being compelled to drive a Mustang for that fact alone.

me too, I like windows and to see out of my car. Camaro doesnt allow you to do that. Example: I cant see any lights when stopped at a red. All I see is headliner.
If driving an Alfa does not restore vitality to your soul, then just pass the hospital and park at the morgue to save everyone time.

Now drives a Jaaaaaaag...and thus will not pay for anything during an outing...but it is OK, because....I drive a Jaaaaaag.

Online rrocket

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1254/-7214
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 09, 2015, 02:16:35 am »
Everybody knows what all the secretary's prefer to buy,  big numbers for the Mustang. If you want the sports car buy the Camaro. Gen 6 Camaro is killing the Mustang in all the reviews and I suspect It'll hurt its sales too.

Odd...the bulk of Camaros I see are secretary cars too.  But that has always been the case.  The V8s aren't ever the bulk of the sales IMO.  But never mind..the interior of the Camaro is still a train wreck.  I'd being compelled to drive a Mustang for that fact alone.

me too, I like windows and to see out of my car. Camaro doesnt allow you to do that. Example: I cant see any lights when stopped at a red. All I see is headliner.

Yea..the slit windows while stylish aren't really a great idea for being able to see out the car.
How fast is my 911?  Supras sh*t on on me all the time...in reverse..with blown turbos  :( ...

Online rrocket

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1254/-7214
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 10, 2015, 10:23:58 pm »
Looks like they're getting more out of the LT1 a couple years in......That's why it's putting up such good numbers.....

http://jalopnik.com/holy-:censor:-dyno-test-shows-2016-camaro-ss-makes-more-po-1747436409

Should it be putting out more than a Vette though??

Offline mixmanmash

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +103/-326
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2014 Honda Odyssey Touring; 1993 Nissan 300ZX Twin Turbo; 1990 Nissan 300ZX Twin Turbo; 2009 Nissan Rogue S AWD (wife's); 2002 Mazda Protege ES-GT (retired)
« Reply #43 on: December 10, 2015, 10:31:47 pm »
Looks like they're getting more out of the LT1 a couple years in......That's why it's putting up such good numbers.....

http://jalopnik.com/holy-:censor:-dyno-test-shows-2016-camaro-ss-makes-more-po-1747436409
Bah.  I wouldn't read too much into it.  Unless the dyno is done back to back, under the same conditions, with the exact same fuel, it's tough to compare.

The Corvette is also a hell of a lot lighter than the Camaro SS. 3684 lb vs. 3300lbs.  Heck the Camaro SS isn't far off the GT-R's weight (3825 lbs).

Offline mixmanmash

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +103/-326
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2014 Honda Odyssey Touring; 1993 Nissan 300ZX Twin Turbo; 1990 Nissan 300ZX Twin Turbo; 2009 Nissan Rogue S AWD (wife's); 2002 Mazda Protege ES-GT (retired)
« Reply #44 on: December 11, 2015, 02:46:37 pm »
Yeah, my point (although it wasn't that of the article) is that it's putting out a lot more power than advertised. Since the Vette uses the same engine I don't think it makes more in a Camaro I just think they've worked out the kinks on this engine at the factory. There were a lot of issues with it in the first model year of the Stingray.

Things are fine now and it's a monster  :thumbup:

PS, I would never buy a first year GM product. No way.

Same.  I'd wait until at least 2 model years pass by.