Author Topic: Honda Civic Coupe Hints at Sporty Intent  (Read 2563 times)

Offline Autos_Editor

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +91/-560
    • View Profile
Honda Civic Coupe Hints at Sporty Intent
« on: November 18, 2015, 03:16:23 pm »
New Civic Coupe looks the business.
Read More...

Online Great_Big_Abyss

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +268/-457
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2019 Mazda CX-5
Re: Honda Civic Coupe Hints at Sporty Intent
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2015, 05:23:47 pm »
I'm not sure about the rear end.  The rear panel on the trunklid has a lot of weird angles on it.  Maybe it will look better in person.  I reserve judgement until I see one in person.

Front looks great, though, and the side profile isn't terrible.  Comparing it to the Tiburon isn't faint praise, as I thought the Tiburon was a good looking car.

Offline mixmanmash

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +103/-326
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2014 Honda Odyssey Touring; 1993 Nissan 300ZX Twin Turbo; 1990 Nissan 300ZX Twin Turbo; 2009 Nissan Rogue S AWD (wife's); 2002 Mazda Protege ES-GT (retired)
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2015, 06:41:52 pm »
I'm not sure about the rear end.  The rear panel on the trunklid has a lot of weird angles on it.  Maybe it will look better in person.  I reserve judgement until I see one in person.

Front looks great, though, and the side profile isn't terrible.  Comparing it to the Tiburon isn't faint praise, as I thought the Tiburon was a good looking car.

Dat A$$....  just doesn't look right in the pictures.  I will reserve judgement till I see one in person, but I'm not giving my hopes up.  The sedan seems better executed.

Personally, the best looking Civic Coupe ever was this:

Offline HeliDriver

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +176/-235
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2023 Crosstrek Sport 6MT; 2011 Yukon XL 2500
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2015, 07:43:44 pm »

Dat A$$....  just doesn't look right in the pictures.  I will reserve judgement till I see one in person, but I'm not giving my hopes up.  The sedan seems better executed.

Personally, the best looking Civic Coupe ever was this:

Not only best looking, possibly best driving as well. (Although it's a shame that one in the pic has a wing  :P )

I still miss mine.  :'(

Offline OliverD

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +255/-770
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2011 BMW 328i Touring, 1998 Jaguar XJR, 2024 Mini Cooper S
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2015, 10:06:19 pm »
^ I was 18 when that Civic SiR came out and I loved it so much. Between it and the then-new fifth gen Prelude all I wanted was a Honda. How times change.

This new coupe looks a bit weird in the back, which is how I feel about the new C-class coupe as well. The sedan is ok in person and I need to see this in person before passing final judgement.

Offline paul246

• Learner's Permit
  • Carma: +6/-21
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2015, 09:35:49 am »
The rear view sort of looks like this coupe is giving birth to another coupe.