Author Topic: Heres Comes the Range Rover Evoque Convertible  (Read 11521 times)

Offline Sir Osis of Liver

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1376/-1726
  • Ramblin' man
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2017 KTM DUKE 390, 2019 VW Jetta GLI 35th Anniversary
Re: Heres Comes the Range Rover Evoque Convertible
« Reply #40 on: November 10, 2015, 10:55:46 am »
I didn't ask for this thing - did you ask for this thing??

No sir. I most certainly did not!

Don't lie, you're secretly ordering one of these once the lease on your X6 is up!!  ;D

:rofl2: :rofl2:
On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last, and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.

H. L. Mencken

Offline quadzilla

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +391/-634
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2022 Rock'n Rolla Nightstalker
« Reply #41 on: November 10, 2015, 10:59:10 am »
With money you can make (almost) anything a convertible.

STI anybody?

Offline Fobroader

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1424/-2121
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2020 Toyota Tundra, 2021 Lexus GX460, 2018 Kawasaki Versys X300
« Reply #42 on: November 10, 2015, 11:02:34 am »

Oh and:

"In a world where only 15% of SUV owners ever go off road, Jeep says 60% of Wrangler owners do; for Rubicon models, its 80%. Those percentages are the industry's highest, says Kevin Metz, Wrangler brand manager. (Next highest, he says, is the Hummer H3, at 30%.)" ConsumerGuide Automotive

^ Edit: Dead link

This is from 2013:

"The last time we did research, 85 percent of Wrangler owners reported going off-road," said Jim Repp, vehicle development manager for the Wrangler.

C'mon SirO, you're way too bright to be accepting a product management team's BS at face value!  As Evil_twin noted, those numbers only serve to benefit Jeep.  A "statistic" that the underlying methodology cannot readily be validated, coming from a non-objective source...how could it possibly be incorrect?  ::)

The only time I ever truly believed the product development BS was when BMW planners said that 80% of 1-series owners thought their vehicle was FWD.  I believed them, because why else would they intentionally want to destroy the credibility of the "ultimate driving machine" driver?  Oh wait, it was just a way to justify the 1-series switch to a FWD platform....  OK, so I don't believe any statistics from product planners, ever!
http://www.autoblog.com/2010/03/23/the-craziest-damn-thing-youll-hear-today-80-of-bmw-1-series-o/

That's fair enough. But I think it still remains fair to say that a relatively high number of Wranglers will be taken off-road, much higher than typical CUVs in its price range certainly.

A CRV isn't going to be on the cover of fourwheeler.

As a long time subscriber to JP magazine, I have to agree, lots of interest in modifying and offroading Wranglers.
Lighten up Francis.....

Online Great_Big_Abyss

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +268/-457
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2019 Mazda CX-5
« Reply #43 on: November 10, 2015, 11:05:59 am »
After how horrid the Murano cabrio did, who thought this was a good idea?

Just for you Fob!!  I had to take a picture when I saw one (streets of Boston) - I figured it would be the only time I actually ever see a Murano Convertible in the wild.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dr4Y838Lg1w

Doug Demuro didn't hate it...

Offline X-Traction

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +58/-96
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 12, 2015, 05:27:56 pm »
On top of "high performance" suv's being kind of a mashup to begin with, a convertible version of the suv shape just looks like a decorated bathtub.
And some cretins think I hate cars.

Offline johngenx

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +758/-938
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2009 Toyota Corolla, 2004 Toyota Highlander V-6 4WD, 2001 Subaru Forester, 1994 Mazda Miata
« Reply #45 on: November 12, 2015, 09:46:52 pm »