Author Topic: TESLA Model Y  (Read 62771 times)

Offline dirtyjeffer

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +296/-1312
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2021 Toyota Venza Limited, 2016 Kia Sorento EX AWD
Re: TESLA Model Y
« Reply #60 on: January 02, 2020, 07:18:16 am »
Guess which one reminds me of the Gibson fridge  :rofl2:

jeebus...pick a different colour then...the Audi is still better in every way.
When you've lost the argument, admit defeat and hit the smite button.

Offline EV Dan

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +480/-383
    • View Profile
  • Cars: '21 Venzaurus
« Reply #61 on: January 02, 2020, 10:03:05 am »
Colour doesn't matter. The audis exterior looks old and bloated, I saw it on the road and it looks even larger in person. YMMV. I hope more ppl buy either one instead of another ICEer.
Give a man a fish, he eats for a day. Teach the man to fish and he wakes you up at 5 in the morning.

Offline dirtyjeffer

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: January 02, 2020, 12:51:46 pm »
Colour doesn't matter. The audis exterior looks old and bloated, I saw it on the road and it looks even larger in person. YMMV. I hope more ppl buy either one instead of another ICEer.
it looks like a tall hatchback/wagon kind of CUV shape...i think it looks better than the Tesla ones.

perhaps you prefer this one instead?

https://www.caranddriver.com/audi/e-tron

Offline EV Dan

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: January 02, 2020, 01:06:34 pm »
Still like the Y better. A google search shows Y starting at 65,000 CAD and E-tron at 90,000. I will wait for Hyundai to get on board with something comparable for 50k in a year or few.

Offline dirtyjeffer

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: January 02, 2020, 02:44:14 pm »
Still like the Y better.
well, looks are subjective...i think the X and the Y are ugly.

Offline dirtyjeffer

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: January 02, 2020, 03:48:14 pm »
I like the model S, the model X is fine, the 3 is meh, and the Y is pretty bad. Especially for 75 grand.
i don't mind the S and 3...the X and Y are ugly, and the Cybertruck is an abomination...the conspiracy theorist in me thinks the Cybertruck was a prank...and by that, i mean, they likely do have a truck in the works, but it won't look anything like the one shown...Elon is pretty picky about the details, and letting the glass be broken, and having a vehicle look so childish (departure from every other vehicle launched) doesn't make sense to me...there's no way that would ever get past his final say and be given the green light to either present or proceed with...my guess is the platform and much of the "guts" is already in the works or done, and it's just the body or final design details they still need to work out...i'm thinking in the near future, we'll see the REAL cybertruck revealed.

Offline Gurgie

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +308/-517
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2019 Honda Passport Touring, 2006 SLK 55 AMG
« Reply #66 on: January 02, 2020, 03:54:32 pm »
I like the model S, the model X is fine, the 3 is meh, and the Y is pretty bad. Especially for 75 grand.
I think the Model S is beautiful, proportions are right & it looks like a true luxury car. My cousin has one & I was admiring it when I was at a family dinner over the holidays. The rest of the lineup does nothing for me...

Sent from my SM-G970W using Tapatalk

You live everyday. You only die once....

Offline EV Dan

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: January 02, 2020, 03:57:41 pm »
i don't mind the S and 3...the X and Y are ugly, and the Cybertruck is an abomination...the conspiracy theorist in me thinks the Cybertruck was a prank...and by that, i mean, they likely do have a truck in the works, but it won't look anything like the one shown...Elon is pretty picky about the details, and letting the glass be broken, and having a vehicle look so childish (departure from every other vehicle launched) doesn't make sense to me...there's no way that would ever get past his final say and be given the green light to either present or proceed with...my guess is the platform and much of the "guts" is already in the works or done, and it's just the body or final design details they still need to work out...i'm thinking in the near future, we'll see the REAL cybertruck revealed.

I will subscribe to your conspiracy theory  ;)
What if the cybertruck as shown is nothing more than a shell, a mule used to test out the underpinnings without having to deal with the media and the public opinions. As a bonus a lot of ppl threw tons of deposit cash at Tesla, and you don't even need to pay any interest on that, basically "free" money.

Offline Guy

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +480/-1197
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2021 Mustang Mach-E Premium, 2019 Volvo XC40 Momentum
« Reply #68 on: January 02, 2020, 04:54:50 pm »
The S is a great looking car and aging very well. The 3 does not excite me and who cares about the X with the stupid doors.

Offline EV-Light

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +125/-1490
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: January 02, 2020, 05:31:35 pm »
it looks like a tall hatchback/wagon kind of CUV shape...i think it looks better than the Tesla ones.

Looks good but Audi can’t sell e-trons....it’s priced wrong and the range is ridiculous.

Tesla will sell boatloads of Ys, I predict Tesla will take the luxury market in the US.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1254/-7209
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: January 02, 2020, 05:46:11 pm »

Looks good but Audi can’t sell e-trons....it’s priced wrong and the range is ridiculous.

Tesla will sell boatloads of Ys, I predict Tesla will take the luxury market in the US.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Except the only thing that makes them "luxury" is the price.

I've certainly never thought the Model 3 was a luxury car.
How fast is my 911?  Supras sh*t on on me all the time...in reverse..with blown turbos  :( ...

Offline dirtyjeffer

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: January 02, 2020, 06:12:43 pm »

I will subscribe to your conspiracy theory  ;)
What if the cybertruck as shown is nothing more than a shell, a mule used to test out the underpinnings without having to deal with the media and the public opinions. As a bonus a lot of ppl threw tons of deposit cash at Tesla, and you don't even need to pay any interest on that, basically "free" money.
exactly...allows them time to try things out as well as gauge opinions on what people want it to look like.

Offline Scaerio

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +193/-127
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2013 Volvo C30 T5; all my exes: 2005 Suzuki Aerio SE, '02 Renault Clio, '93 Volvo 850 GLT, '78 MB W-123 230
« Reply #72 on: January 02, 2020, 07:46:12 pm »
Audi reminds me of the Venza, also a chonker.
I'd rather be car-poor than house-poor...

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1254/-7209
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: January 02, 2020, 07:51:11 pm »

exactly...allows them time to try things out as well as gauge opinions on what people want it to look like.

Since when has Musk cared what other people think? 

Offline Ex-airbalancer

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +729/-1584
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2011 Silverado 1500 LTZ ext ended cab , 2013 Lexus RX-350 F Sport
« Reply #74 on: January 02, 2020, 08:39:15 pm »
Audi reminds me of the Venza, also a chonker.
???

Offline Scaerio

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +193/-127
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2013 Volvo C30 T5; all my exes: 2005 Suzuki Aerio SE, '02 Renault Clio, '93 Volvo 850 GLT, '78 MB W-123 230
« Reply #75 on: January 02, 2020, 10:20:48 pm »
It looks fat, like a Venza...

Offline Ex-airbalancer

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +729/-1584
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2011 Silverado 1500 LTZ ext ended cab , 2013 Lexus RX-350 F Sport
« Reply #76 on: January 02, 2020, 10:39:37 pm »
???
Still don’t see it

Offline dirtyjeffer

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: January 02, 2020, 11:20:55 pm »
???
Still don’t see it
i can, but i think it looks better than the Venza...of course, the Sportback model doesn't look that way, so if you don't mind losing some cargo space, you can always get that one instead.

Offline bye

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +314/-518
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: January 13, 2020, 03:54:49 pm »
My wife wants a Model X.   Practical ride height, loves the auto opening/closing doors and massive front panoramic windshield, wants a larger vehicle for road trips so a Model Y is not a consideration.

Whereas I want to trade our 2013 S for another Tesla S (preferably P90DL but it's all up for negotiation), the reason I don't like the X is predominantly because of the look, I'm a car guy (you'd never know it from my Smart ED, but it's RWD and fun to drive, but I digress) and really didn't like the Mercedes SUV she owned before the Model S.

Meaning, Model Y will probably sell in ridiculous numbers, to all sorts of people that want 1" more ride height, 1" greater tire size, and a hatch back.   I don't personally get it, the Model 3 is apparently 70% shared content with the Y, but there you go, it's all subjective and depends, sedan format is going to sell well, but "SUV" (in quotes) format will sell better.

Offline tpl

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +298/-675
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2022 Taos
« Reply #79 on: January 13, 2020, 04:15:02 pm »
Some people care more about”hip height” than ride height...‘ is we are getting older and stiffer.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
The most radical revolutionary will become a conservative the day after the revolution.