Author Topic: TESLA Model Y  (Read 62801 times)

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1254/-7209
    • View Profile
Re: TESLA Model Y
« Reply #20 on: May 07, 2018, 10:07:30 am »
Elon is a lying sack of steaming dog vomit.
I think that is a bit strong.    I have no interest in his cars.   I wish he would just stick to SpaceX but I guess that is not enough to keep him interested.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Is it?

How many lies until it's not too strong?
How fast is my 911?  Supras sh*t on on me all the time...in reverse..with blown turbos  :( ...

Offline tpl

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +298/-675
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2022 Taos
« Reply #21 on: May 07, 2018, 12:56:52 pm »
Elon is a lying sack of steaming dog vomit.
I think that is a bit strong.    I have no interest in his cars.   I wish he would just stick to SpaceX but I guess that is not enough to keep him interested.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Is it?

How many lies until it's not too strong?

I was referring to the steaming sack...
The most radical revolutionary will become a conservative the day after the revolution.

Offline EV Dan

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +480/-383
    • View Profile
  • Cars: '21 Venzaurus
« Reply #22 on: March 09, 2019, 01:46:03 pm »
Model Y will be revealed very soon:
https://insideevs.com/tesla-model-y-reveal-what-to-expect-video/
No falcon wing doors  :)
Give a man a fish, he eats for a day. Teach the man to fish and he wakes you up at 5 in the morning.

Offline EV Dan

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 14, 2019, 10:01:18 pm »
1 hour is left  :popcorn:

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 14, 2019, 10:07:00 pm »

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 14, 2019, 11:11:10 pm »
10 after...and still nothing going on.

Elon Musk....not known for being on time with ANYTHING!   :rofl: :rofl2:

Offline Agiledood

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +32/-11
    • View Profile
    • Visit my site
« Reply #26 on: March 14, 2019, 11:19:12 pm »

it's all the weed...  :rofl2:
2019 Mazda 3 GS-L, 2013 Ram 1500 and an EV that cost 5 times what my Mazda3 costs but is louder with a crappier interior.

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 14, 2019, 11:20:04 pm »

it's all the weed...  :rofl2:

If it was only that simple.....

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 14, 2019, 11:20:32 pm »
Ok..it just started....

11:23:  Giving a history of Tesla..."How did we get here".....(boring)

11:29 Has been bringing out the various Teslas....in order of build...Roadster, S, X, Model 3...

11:32.....new Roadster (in a rather beautiful looking orange/red paint job).....Tesla Semi.....

11:33 Admitting how difficult it is to manufacture a car....(duh)..Talking about when they acquired the NUMMI factory...

11:35  2nd or 3rd largest building in the world by footprint he says..."a giant cybernetic collective".

11:36  Designer the car is easy....building it is hard (duh again)...(he stumbles on his words a lot...a bit painful to listen to)

11:37  Talking about new factory in China..showing pictures of construction...says it will be done by year end.  Says it will be size of Freemont and Gigafactory combined.

11:38  Talking about how 2019 will be the year of the Solar Roof and Power Wall (LOL). Talked about how he felt he aged 5 years in 2018 alone it was so tough.

11:41 Had to decide whether to build cars or Solar Roof/Power Wall in 2018..so 2019 will be the year this is expanded.

11:43  Talking about SuperCharging network now.

11:44 People heckling him about places that need SuperCharger.  Says there's going to be a SuperCharger in Saskatchewan SOON...He promises!  (LOL)

11:46  Version 3 SuperCharger will provide a "radical" improvement in charging by some time next year.

11:47  Tesla has made about 550K cars...and 12 months from now will be over a million. 4 million tonnes of C02 saved as of an hour ago.

11:48 Mocking his detractors....

11:49 "Where will Tesla be in 10 years".  Says he hopes to be driving a Tesla on Mars in 10 years....

11:50  Back to the Y.....comes out in a shade of blue....looks like a mini version of the X...(pretty ugly IMO)  Almost no rear overhang..at least from what I can see.

11:52  Utility of an SUV..will handle like a sports car.  Says it will be safest SUV in world.  3.5 seconds 0-60 for performance model.  Regular versions 5.5-5.9 seconds.  .23 CoD  300 mile range.

11:53  Will have a panoramic glass roof.  Seats 7. 

11:54  Long range RWD $47,000 US. Long Range AWD $51K. A 7 seater option is $3k extra.  5 colors.  Black is free.  Every other color is $1,500-$2,000.  Some time in 2021 the "base" model will be $39K

11:55  Think he'll sell more Y than S and 3 combined....

11:56 End presentation.

« Last Edit: March 15, 2019, 01:22:22 am by rrocket »

Offline Agiledood

• Drunk on Fuel
    • View Profile
    • Visit my site
« Reply #29 on: March 14, 2019, 11:26:12 pm »
Ok..it just started....

it is SO awesome that you hate Tesla THIS much to do live updates! Elon has done his job well.  :rofl:

Next comment: S3XY-R (Pickup will be called Model R)

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: March 14, 2019, 11:29:13 pm »
Ok..it just started....

it is SO awesome that you hate Tesla THIS much to do live updates! Elon has done his job well.  :rofl:

I'm a car nut.  I pay attention to all cars...even the crappy ones. 

Also...this is the only car reveal tonight...so it gets my attention because of no other reason....

Offline Agiledood

• Drunk on Fuel
    • View Profile
    • Visit my site
« Reply #31 on: March 14, 2019, 11:36:04 pm »
Ok..it just started....

I'm a car nut.  I pay attention to all cars...even the crappy ones. 

Also...this is the only car reveal tonight...so it gets my attention because of no other reason....

have you driven them all?

Offline EV Dan

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 15, 2019, 12:04:22 am »
It doesn't look like anything special. But who cares, it will likely become Tesla's #1 seller. The German 3 are about to have a big headache in the sales department.

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 15, 2019, 12:07:51 am »
It doesn't look like anything special. But who cares, it will likely become Tesla's #1 seller. The German 3 are about to have a big headache in the sales department.

If he can build it at all.... Not sure how/when/where he's going to build it.  I don't think he knows either (he didn't say).

I looked at all the Tesla fillings, and the CAPEX numbers are down....not sure where the money will be coming from? I know it shares Model 3 parts...but still.  A new model is a new model.  And everything that goes along with that costs money.

And people who buy German generally appreciate the high quality.  The Model 3 is miles away from the interior and exterior quality German buyers expect.  I suspect this will be the same.  I'm guessing if someone is set on buying a German EV, they won't be swayed by a Tesla Model 3.  The Tesla Model 3 is a "cheap" feeling car.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2019, 12:31:37 am by rrocket »

Offline dirtyjeffer

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +296/-1312
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2021 Toyota Venza Limited, 2016 Kia Sorento EX AWD
« Reply #34 on: March 15, 2019, 12:20:39 am »
i like the looks of the new Audi E-tron...seems be like an EV-Q5ish looking thing.
When you've lost the argument, admit defeat and hit the smite button.

Offline Guy

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +480/-1197
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2021 Mustang Mach-E Premium, 2019 Volvo XC40 Momentum
« Reply #35 on: March 15, 2019, 08:02:49 am »
My preferred EV is still the I-Pace by a wide margin. If only it would not have been designed and sold by JLR..  :P

Offline Agiledood

• Drunk on Fuel
    • View Profile
    • Visit my site
« Reply #36 on: March 15, 2019, 02:46:19 pm »
Jalopnik fixed the design of the Y:

https://jalopnik.com/there-i-fixed-the-tesla-model-y-for-you-1833324958

Current expectation is to build it at Giga3.

I wasn't blown away by any stretch, but I've always liked the design language of Teslas. Same for Audi, Mazda, the new crop of Jags, and most of Mercedes, although I'd say Audi and Mazda can do nothing wrong design-wise in my view.

Offline bye

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +314/-518
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 31, 2019, 11:57:41 am »
  I'm guessing if someone is set on buying a German EV, they won't be swayed by a Tesla Model 3. 

And yet facts get in the way of your guess.

https://insideevs.com/tesla-model-3-tops-european-sales-charts/
Demand also increased by 81% in Germany, which was the largest market for BEVs in February.This increase can be explained by the introduction of new models – most notably the Tesla Model 3. The hotly anticipated car excelled during its first full month on the European market and became the best-selling BEV. The Model 3 quickly outsold other big players like the Nissan Leaf and Renault Zoe, despite being more expensive and only available for a short amount of time. Felipe Munoz, JATO’s global analyst, commented, “The performance of the Model 3 is remarkable, given we normally don’t see this kind of result until four or five months after a new car has hit the roads.”

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 31, 2019, 03:56:02 pm »
  I'm guessing if someone is set on buying a German EV, they won't be swayed by a Tesla Model 3. 

And yet facts get in the way of your guess.

https://insideevs.com/tesla-model-3-tops-european-sales-charts/
Demand also increased by 81% in Germany, which was the largest market for BEVs in February.This increase can be explained by the introduction of new models – most notably the Tesla Model 3. The hotly anticipated car excelled during its first full month on the European market and became the best-selling BEV. The Model 3 quickly outsold other big players like the Nissan Leaf and Renault Zoe, despite being more expensive and only available for a short amount of time. Felipe Munoz, JATO’s global analyst, commented, “The performance of the Model 3 is remarkable, given we normally don’t see this kind of result until four or five months after a new car has hit the roads.”

You haven't presented any facts that dispute what I said.

There are people who will buy nothing but German cars...and will do the same with German EVs once they hit the market. This would be especially true in Germany.

Despite Germany being one of the largest EV market in Europe, Teslas best year has been about 3k cars or so. So I think there's truth to what I say. But really not shocking, either. German people prefer German cars. Shrug.

Also..and we've been through this before...it's a joke to think the Tesla Model 3 is a premium car in anything but price. Only Tesla and their slappies believe this.

I know in several euro countries the model s and x have been outsold by the i-pace and e-tron in recent months.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2019, 04:53:57 pm by rrocket »

Offline bye

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +314/-518
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 01, 2019, 10:30:59 am »
Despite Germany being one of the largest EV market in Europe, Teslas best year has been about 3k cars or so. So I think there's truth to what I say. But really not shocking, either. German people prefer German cars.

And yet they sold 3k in one month ... shocking

https://europe.autonews.com/automakers/tesla-model-3-outsells-german-sedan-rivals-europe

The Tesla Model 3 full-electric car was Europe's best-selling premium midsize sedan in its first full month of sales, outselling sedans such as the Mercedes-Benz C class from German premium automakers.

Tesla sold 3,630 Model 3 cars in the region in February, according to data from JATO Dynamics market researchers.

Among the Model 3's internal combustion engine rivals, the Mercedes C-class sedan was closest with 3,420 sales. Audi sold 1,710 units of its A4 sedan and BMW sold 1,700 units of the 3 series.