Author Topic: Taiwan's answer to Tesla by way of the Thunder Power Sedan has a 650-km range  (Read 5997 times)

Offline Ex-airbalancer

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +729/-1584
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2011 Silverado 1500 LTZ ext ended cab , 2013 Lexus RX-350 F Sport
Re: Taiwan's answer to Tesla by way of the Thunder Power Sedan has a 650-km range
« Reply #20 on: September 17, 2015, 03:45:14 pm »
I still think hydrogen is the future. This is a nish market car. No Jo blow can afford this. But it's interesting.

It sure does not look like it now with daily announcement of new players in the EV market. Meanwhile, Hyundai and Toyota can't lease out their Hydrogen cars.
If you live and never left the LA area this would be great
https://www.hyundaiusa.com/tucsonfuelcell/

I couldn't imagine a worse fate.
Is that because you are in Regina  ???

Offline Guy

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +481/-1216
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2021 Mustang Mach-E Premium, 2019 Volvo XC40 Momentum
Re: Taiwan's answer to Tesla by way of the Thunder Power Sedan has a 650-km range
« Reply #21 on: September 18, 2015, 07:53:45 am »
put a price on it then let's talk.  i can't see this being produced.  i too, am very curious how fuel cell tech will progress.  they need to attack the issue of lack of hydrogen stations yesterday.

Yesterday??  ???

You're not writing this during your commute to work, are you?  :popo:

Build a hydrogen distribution network then let's talk... :rofl2: Meanwhile the charging station network is growing everyday..
« Last Edit: September 18, 2015, 08:08:14 am by Guy »

Offline Ex-airbalancer

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +729/-1584
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2011 Silverado 1500 LTZ ext ended cab , 2013 Lexus RX-350 F Sport
« Reply #22 on: September 18, 2015, 08:23:21 am »
put a price on it then let's talk.  i can't see this being produced.  i too, am very curious how fuel cell tech will progress.  they need to attack the issue of lack of hydrogen stations yesterday.

Yesterday??  ???

Build a hydrogen distribution network then let's talk... :rofl2: Meanwhile the charging station network is growing everyday..
What will happen once there 100,000 ev out on the road, people are lining for gas and they can be 10 deep ( Costco and on hiway gas station ) when it takes 5 mins to gas up , ev takes hours
A lot of those charging station are motels where you need to spend the night

The world will be a better place once the develop a small battery with 1000 km range that can charge in 10 mins
I wonder if OPG would have spend the same amount on battery technology as they did on a nuke plant , would we have that battery now

Offline Guy

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +481/-1216
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2021 Mustang Mach-E Premium, 2019 Volvo XC40 Momentum
« Reply #23 on: September 18, 2015, 08:48:34 am »

Yesterday??  ???

What will happen once there 100,000 ev out on the road, people are lining for gas and they can be 10 deep ( Costco and on hiway gas station ) when it takes 5 mins to gas up , ev takes hours
A lot of those charging station are motels where you need to spend the night

The world will be a better place once the develop a small battery with 1000 km range that can charge in 10 mins
I wonder if OPG would have spend the same amount on battery technology as they did on a nuke plant , would we have that battery now

When we will have 100,000 EV's on the road, they will have 400 km range. Most will be charged at night, either home or at hotels, and DC fast chargers can fully charge them in 20 minutes or so when on longer trips.

Most will not need charging during a typical commuting day, and only people on longer trips will need access to the Fast chargers.

With all the research being done on batteries, who knows maybe the 1000 km battery is not that far down the road..  :D