Author Topic: Long-Term Test Update 3: 2015 Toyota Corolla S  (Read 7927 times)

Offline dkaz

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +290/-389
  • Flip flop
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 12 Mazda 5 GT 6MT
Re: Long-Term Test Update 3: 2015 Toyota Corolla S
« Reply #20 on: August 25, 2015, 04:13:21 pm »
Beige is awesome. Hides dirt better than any other colour out there. I like it so much, I want a 2016 Toyota Tacoma double cab manual in beige.

Offline pi314

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +59/-95
    • View Profile
  • Cars: VW Golf Sportwagen 4Motion 6MT ;Dearly Departed 2015 Honda Fit EX 6MT
Re: Long-Term Test Update 3: 2015 Toyota Corolla S
« Reply #21 on: August 25, 2015, 06:12:27 pm »
We use the console mounted 12V ALL the time - it's awesome.
As do I - the dash-mounted one requires that I keep open the ashtray, which is unsightly.  The console-hidden unit is far better for keeping things out of the way, especially cellphones.

My dad's 2011 had it moved to the front, in front of the shifter. It makes it impossible to shift to fifth with certain inverters.  >:(

My old 91 Corolla used to have two seat releases per side, one accessible in the cabin and one accessible from the trunk. The cabin ones could be disabled by locking the trunk key a certain way which also disabled the remote trunk release at the front, good for keeping all but the most determined thieves out of the trunk.

My dad's 90 didn't seem to have any seat releases. The disabling trunk access is a feature found on his today, seat releases inside the trunk, turn the key horizontally in the trunk keyhole, and the inside release gets disabled and no way to get into the trunk with the valet key (in fact it's the only difference)

That's too bad. I also have an Acc On 12V plug at the front useful for dash cams and a Bluetooth device as well but the always on plug has been invaluable from the very beginning.

I think they made some changes with the 3rd gen Mazda 3 but I haven't looked into it.

The focus' plugs stay on for 10-20 mins after locking the car, which is fantastic for dash cam purposes. There's also one in front of the cup holders, and one well placed in the back of the center console.