Author Topic: Test Drive: 2015 Honda Accord V6  (Read 14119 times)

Offline Autos_Editor

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +91/-560
    • View Profile
Test Drive: 2015 Honda Accord V6
« on: August 06, 2015, 06:31:17 am »

Everything in accordance.
Read More...

Offline Allen

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +123/-441
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2021 Q5 Sline, 2022 Honda HRV Touring
Re: Test Drive: 2015 Honda Accord V6
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2015, 09:11:07 am »
I am very happy with my Touring V6, almost as good as my TL was and I will be very sad when there are no longer V6's in the market...  small 4 bangers, smashed up with turbos are just not as smooth as a V6 (in my opinion)

Offline Jaeger

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +707/-12420
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2015 Hyundai Genesis 3.8 AWD, 2016 Honda Fit EX-L Navi, 2019 Genesis G80 3.3t Sport, 2021 Honda CB650R, 2023 Honda Monkey
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2015, 09:27:58 am »
Really looking forward to the 2016 Accord.  I'm not sure when exactly it was that Honda decided to turn the Accord into a Camry: a vehicle of spectacular competence and general goodness but utterly devoid of style or personality.  It seems that the new one will remedy that - at least on the stylistic front.
Wokeism is nothing more than the recognition and opposition of bigotry in all its forms.  Bigots are predictably triggered.

Offline Danno001

• Auto Obsessed
  • Carma: +13/-45
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2015, 09:33:42 am »
After researching potentially buying a 2015 CRV, not sure if I would spend dollars on the Honda brand.
Seems the recently departed CEO drained the company of R&D $, leading to other issues such as quality concerns.

Just do a search on "2015 CRV vibration problem".
Quite an eye opener.

Offline carcrazed

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +39/-88
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2019 Forester Touring; 2009 Civic EX-L
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2015, 09:38:40 am »
I am very happy with my Touring V6, almost as good as my TL was and I will be very sad when there are no longer V6's in the market...  small 4 bangers, smashed up with turbos are just not as smooth as a V6 (in my opinion)

You don't miss the SH-AWD?

Offline Great_Big_Abyss

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +270/-457
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2019 Mazda CX-5
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2015, 09:55:10 am »
No, what I mean by end times, is an end for the family sedan, or at least certainly the V6 version of said people-mover. Families buy crossovers these days, plus maybe a hatchback.

In Canada, maybe, but in the US large-ish V6 sedans are still popular. 

Offline Jaeger

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2015 Hyundai Genesis 3.8 AWD, 2016 Honda Fit EX-L Navi, 2019 Genesis G80 3.3t Sport, 2021 Honda CB650R, 2023 Honda Monkey
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2015, 09:59:36 am »
If the family sedan is dead, that is news to me.  And to a whole lot of people on my street.  Sure, there are a whack of SUV /CUV things out there and no doubt many of those have supplanted a traditional sedan purchase.  But that doesn't mean they have taken over completely.

Offline Noto

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +774/-2132
  • This forum is making me almost as bitter as SirO
    • View Profile
  • Cars: '23 Mazda CX-50 Turbo; '24 Crosstrek Wilderness
« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2015, 10:00:45 am »
Really looking forward to the 2016 Accord.  I'm not sure when exactly it was that Honda decided to turn the Accord into a Camry: a vehicle of spectacular competence and general goodness but utterly devoid of style or personality.  It seems that the new one will remedy that - at least on the stylistic front.
I disagree wholeheartedly.  I very much dislike the 2016's styling and much prefer the elegance of the 2015.  At night with those LEDs, I couldn't tell it apart from an Audi/MB from a distance.  Very nice, indeed.  The back end needs some work, but I could care less about character lines on the side.  Bland is fine, but offensive is not.

I mean, I love the colour, but that face...so childish and Civic-like.

vs 2015

I'll give the 2016 one thing - those wheels are incredible...but then leave the fascia the same and just swap out the wheels.  2015 is much nicer.

Offline Great_Big_Abyss

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +270/-457
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2019 Mazda CX-5
« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2015, 10:07:15 am »

NoTo - obviously I'm the guy with the TL but I think the new Accord looks great.

Carcrazed - I think he had a FWD TL - which when you take that into consideration his comment makes sense (the SH-AWD TLs are like a totally different car)

Jaeger - They are saying the midsize family car is dying. Read an article somewhere but sales have really started declining (but still good). People are buying those damned CUVs instead (fools).

You'll never get me into a CUV (he says as he buys a used tent-trailer that he'll be pulling with his Altima - if he wants a bigger tent trailer in the future he'll have to buy a CUV).

Offline Jaeger

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2015, 10:10:34 am »

NoTo - obviously I'm the guy with the TL but I think the new Accord looks great.

Carcrazed - I think he had a FWD TL - which when you take that into consideration his comment makes sense (the SH-AWD TLs are like a totally different car)

Jaeger - They are saying the midsize family car is dying. Read an article somewhere but sales have really started declining (but still good). People are buying those damned CUVs instead (fools).

Well I better make my next midsize sedan something really sweet - get 'em before they're gone!  :o  You'll never find me in a freaking CUV!  If the '16 is available with a stick it will get serious consideration.  The current (and previous) generation Accords have looked like the boring shipping crate that the sexy Mazda 6 came in.  ;D

Offline Sir Osis of Liver

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1376/-1726
  • Ramblin' man
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2017 KTM DUKE 390, 2019 VW Jetta GLI 35th Anniversary
« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2015, 10:11:27 am »
The Canadian mid-size segment as a whole dropped something like 25% year over year in 2014.
On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last, and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.

H. L. Mencken

Offline Allen

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +123/-441
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2021 Q5 Sline, 2022 Honda HRV Touring
« Reply #11 on: August 06, 2015, 10:34:35 am »

Yes, that's the almost and the interior is just a little less higher end

Offline Sir Osis of Liver

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1376/-1726
  • Ramblin' man
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2017 KTM DUKE 390, 2019 VW Jetta GLI 35th Anniversary
« Reply #12 on: August 06, 2015, 10:37:56 am »
The Canadian mid-size segment as a whole dropped something like 25% year over year in 2014.

I was waiting for you to back up my hunches with numbers. lol

I'm here to help!  ;D

Northernridge

« Reply #13 on: August 06, 2015, 10:47:56 am »
I know it's FGC blasphemy (and the badge police will probably ticket me) but the Accord and Camry have gotten so good and feature laden that it's getting harder and harder for me to justify paying 2x the price for the likes of the Berlin taxi as a daily driver. On lease (for example) I could get an Accord Sport for just over a third of the E350 monthly lease payment and I wouldn't feel sorry for myself driving one.

My mind goes like this:

I could get an Accord and 4Runner Trail for less than the price of the Berlin taxi (wife daily driver plus cottage hauler/off road explorer). Then sell the the RL and Sierra and buy the Corvette...or Cayman...or new TT...or, well you get the idea.

Anyway, the Accord is fantastic and more my cup of tea than the outstanding Camry.

Offline Jaeger

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 06, 2015, 10:51:34 am »
I know it's FGC blasphemy (and the badge police will probably ticket me) but the Accord and Camry have gotten so good and feature laden that it's getting harder and harder for me to justify paying 2x the price for the likes of the Berlin taxi as a daily driver. On lease (for example) I could get an Accord Sport for just over a third of the E350 monthly lease payment and I wouldn't feel sorry for myself driving one.

My mind goes like this:

I could get an Accord and 4Runner Trail for less than the price of the Berlin taxi (wife daily driver plus cottage hauler/off road explorer). Then sell the the RL and Sierra and buy the Corvette...or Cayman...or new TT...or, well you get the idea.

Anyway, the Accord is fantastic and more my cup of tea than the outstanding Camry.

I hear you my man.

Offline mmret

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +240/-570
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 06, 2015, 11:04:23 am »

My mind goes like this:

You have to put up with the additional driveway space, insurance, "overall headache" etc. So that does offset some of the additional cost of the fancy FGC DD. But in general I agree with you.

With a lot of things...if you want one item to do it all you'll pay more for that one item than the two "equivalent" items separately.
You can't just have your characters announce how they feel.
That makes me feel angry!

Present: 15.5 V60 T6 + Polestar, 17 MDX
Sometimes Borrow: 11 GLK350
Dark and Twisted Past: 13 TL AWD, 07 Z4 3.0si, 07 CLK550, 06 TSX, 07 Civic, 01 Grandma!

Offline johngenx

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +758/-938
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2009 Toyota Corolla, 2004 Toyota Highlander V-6 4WD, 2001 Subaru Forester, 1994 Mazda Miata
« Reply #16 on: August 06, 2015, 11:27:44 am »
The newest "family sedans" are amazing cars - completely agree - and fantastic buys.  The segment also has a good range of choices from the avant-garde Camry (huh, what?) and the conservative Accord to the sexy 6 and the odd-ball Legacy offering AWD and cavernous space.

And with a price range of $25-35K, they're all solidly affordable.

Want economy?  Lots of good fours available.  Want power?  Some offer shockingly powerful sixes.  It's a great segment that has been hammered by the CUV/SUV gang big time.

Offline SailFastSimon

• Learner's Permit
  • Carma: +7/-56
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Only the good cars. Plus a couple of motorcycles. And a boat.
« Reply #17 on: August 06, 2015, 11:37:39 am »
After researching potentially buying a 2015 CRV, not sure if I would spend dollars on the Honda brand.
Seems the recently departed CEO drained the company of R&D $, leading to other issues such as quality concerns.

Just do a search on "2015 CRV vibration problem".
Quite an eye opener.

Is it just me, or does this "vibration problem" fall squarely into the "First-world Problems" camp? I mean, the car vibrates enough at idle to gently shake a piece of loose string? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SR-YQAJRRB8

These people do know that there are something like 26 small explosions per second happening under the hood at idle, right? If this were a Rolls-Royce I could see commenting on such vibration at idle, but in a mass-market four-cylinder CUV?

Clearly they've never tried turning on the air-conditioning while sitting at a traffic light in a 1993 BMW 3-Series with the baby-six 2.0L engine.

I suppose I'll have to update my test procedures to include a "hangover idle test" where I sit in the test car with a spiltting headache and see if I notice any vibration at idle. LOL.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2015, 11:47:09 am by SailFastSimon »

Offline redman

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +100/-298
  • Make mine a flat white, triple shot.
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee, 2010 Subaru Legacy Limited, 2009 Pontiac Vibe GT son's
« Reply #18 on: August 06, 2015, 11:49:14 am »

I believe the answer lies in the U.S. sales figures. (May 2015) http://www.goodcarbadcar.net/2015/06/may-2015-ytd-usa-new-vehicle-sales-figures-by-model.html

#4   Toyota Camry   178,408 YTD Year to date

#9   Honda Accord   128,269 YTD
Past New (8yrs) Car Dealer for : BMW, Lexus, Nissan and Toyota<br />Past Used Vehicle Dealer: All Makes and Models. Seen a lot of it. Drove a lot of it. <br />Four-stroke Otto Engine 1876. Modern timer, pop-up toaster 1919 keep convincing yourself that you have the "latest appliance".

Offline evil_twin

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +253/-253
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2023 Cadillac CT5-V Blackwing, 2018 Audi Q7 3.0T
« Reply #19 on: August 06, 2015, 12:02:55 pm »

My mind goes like this:

I totally agree. I love the FGC luxury DD but to go with a "pedestrian" midsize car and then rock the pure sports car SO seems like the ticket.

Obviously FWD and not as luxurious, but a loaded up Passat is an interesting option for DD FGC sedan. 

You can load up with VR6 engine (280hp, 258 lb-ft), DSG, loaded with leather and every feature for $35,500 MSRP.   That is a lot of car for the money!  (Though Honda/Toyota reliability would be appreciated in this segment no doubt)