Author Topic: 2016 Ford Focus RS pricing leaked  (Read 16207 times)

Offline Fobroader

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1424/-2123
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2020 Toyota Tundra, 2021 Lexus GX460, 2018 Kawasaki Versys X300
Re: 2016 Ford Focus RS pricing leaked
« Reply #20 on: July 30, 2015, 10:37:39 am »
They should keep it manual only, just to filter out the posers. :stick: ;D

Price is better than expected in the US.

Absolutely!!!!  ;D
Lighten up Francis.....

Offline Cord

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +104/-115
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 30, 2015, 10:39:26 am »
Make that spoiler a little more subtle and this is a winner. I am sure my local Ford dealer would easily do something about it to persuade me into buying one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Judging by the number of inquiries we are getting about this thing, it may be a while before dealers need to do any persuading to buy.
"If we can just believe something then we don't have to really think for ourselves, do we?" Paul Haggis

Offline SaskSpecV

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +87/-149
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2015 Subaru Forester Touring 6MT, 2009 Hyundai Elantra Touring GLsport 5MT, 2009 GMC Sierra 2500 6.0L
« Reply #22 on: July 30, 2015, 10:41:01 am »
Any word on the Canadian price or packaging for the RS?  I suspect it will only come loaded here - full Recaros, 19" rims, etc.

Offline Cord

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +104/-115
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 30, 2015, 10:44:34 am »
Any word on the Canadian price or packaging for the RS?  I suspect it will only come loaded here - full Recaros, 19" rims, etc.

No info yet.

Offline aquadorhj

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +271/-265
    • View Profile
  • Cars: MB SLK 55, Lexus NX, E46 M3, Honda Fit, VW Jetta, VW Rabbit, Saturn SC, Nissan NX,
« Reply #24 on: July 30, 2015, 10:50:13 am »

Absolutely!!!!  ;D

i think they should sell it in auto as well. 

just so they sell more, and help it stay, not go away after this year.  it kind of is slippery slope, however, as auto, they will surely expand the market, but then manual will sell in smaller quantity and stupid management may say 'oh auto has 90% market, we can drop manual'

Driving thrills makes my wallet lighter.. and therefore makes me faster because i'm shedding weight... :D

Offline ronniefung

• Learner's Permit
  • Carma: +6/-13
  • Resident Tire Slayer
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Toyota Supra TT, RX-7 'Vert V8, and various Pressers
« Reply #25 on: July 30, 2015, 10:55:40 am »
From what Ford has said to me, it will only be available in manual.
If it shifts, it drifts.

Offline Fobroader

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 30, 2015, 10:57:47 am »

Absolutely!!!!  ;D

just so they sell more, and help it stay, not go away after this year.  it kind of is slippery slope, however, as auto, they will surely expand the market, but then manual will sell in smaller quantity and stupid management may say 'oh auto has 90% market, we can drop manual'

Thats the problem, if you offer the ignorant, unwashed masses an auto, the spineless men who have no say against their wives and lazy people will take the auto and the manual will be unavailable due to demand. Keeps it an enthusiast model that way, keeps prices up due to it being a more rare vehicle.

Offline ronniefung

• Learner's Permit
  • Resident Tire Slayer
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 30, 2015, 10:58:13 am »
Whatever it sells for, it won't have a hard time being sold.

This is an RS. The RS heritage runs deep. Generally speaking, people interested in this car already know they want it. They won't be looking at a Golf R and humming and hawing. This is not a refined gentleman's or lady's sporty hatch (that can be the ST), this is supposed to be a gnarly fire-breathing hatch that pays homage to the Group B days. That's the way I look at it at least.

Offline ronniefung

• Learner's Permit
  • Resident Tire Slayer
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 30, 2015, 10:58:45 am »

Absolutely!!!!  ;D

Thats the problem, if you offer the ignorant, unwashed masses an auto, the spineless men who have no say against their wives and lazy people will take the auto and the manual will be unavailable due to demand. Keeps it an enthusiast model that way, keeps prices up due to it being a more rare vehicle.

I know of several women who are very interested in this car...

Offline Fobroader

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 30, 2015, 11:01:17 am »

Absolutely!!!!  ;D

Thats awesome.....I know 0 women that would look at a hot hatch.

Offline ronniefung

• Learner's Permit
  • Resident Tire Slayer
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: July 30, 2015, 11:16:54 am »

Absolutely!!!!  ;D

That's too bad! I have a bunch of friends that are really into hot hatches and RWD coupes. Where do you live?

Offline Fobroader

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 30, 2015, 11:20:46 am »

Absolutely!!!!  ;D

That's too bad! I have a bunch of friends that are really into hot hatches and RWD coupes. Where do you live?

Alberta.....any of the women I know, or my wifes friends, would take a luxo SUV before pretty well anything else on the planet....except for one of her friends that wants a CTS-V coupe  ;D

Offline greengs

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +26/-57
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2022 BRZ
« Reply #32 on: July 30, 2015, 11:35:38 am »

Absolutely!!!!  ;D

Ignorant unwashed masses/men with no spines with strong wives will NOT pay $50k otd for a Focus.  Only guys who are into cars will fork over that kind of cash for hot hatch.  I suspect Ford is not offering it in auto because they can't.  They don't have anything that's nearly good enough to put in it at this time.  Only reason I want this with a DCT is because it would make it more enjoyable to drive hard and take full advantage of its capabilities.  (on a track setting of course). 

Like I said my 330 zhp is a manual and in that car auto is awful, but that car is 11 years old and tech has come a long way since then.

Offline Fobroader

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 30, 2015, 11:38:52 am »

Absolutely!!!!  ;D

Ignorant unwashed masses/men with no spines with strong wives will NOT pay $50k otd for a Focus.  Only guys who are into cars will fork over that kind of cash for hot hatch.  I suspect Ford is not offering it in auto because they can't.  They don't have anything that's nearly good enough to put in it at this time.  Only reason I want this with a DCT is because it would make it more enjoyable to drive hard and take full advantage of its capabilities.  (on a track setting of course). 

Like I said my 330 zhp is a manual and in that car auto is awful, but that car is 11 years old and tech has come a long way since then.

Its a complication it doesn't need. Makes the car more expensive and if it ever goes boom, the prices will be ridiculous. I want a hot hatch as a fun, cheap-er thrills and a very organic driving feel. Before you go all, "rally cars don't have manuals", if they offered the sequential tranny, hydraulic handbrake and anti lag out of the rally car, thats the package I would go for.

Offline Sir Osis of Liver

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1376/-1726
  • Ramblin' man
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2017 KTM DUKE 390, 2019 VW Jetta GLI 35th Anniversary
« Reply #34 on: July 30, 2015, 11:45:53 am »

Absolutely!!!!  ;D

There's a list of suppliers Ford could get an autobox from if they so chose. It's not like anyone does their own transmissions anymore.
On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last, and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.

H. L. Mencken

Offline johngenx

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +758/-938
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2009 Toyota Corolla, 2004 Toyota Highlander V-6 4WD, 2001 Subaru Forester, 1994 Mazda Miata
« Reply #35 on: July 30, 2015, 11:59:56 am »
Why bother offering an AT?  This is a low volume car that will sell out easily.  Keep production as simple as possible.

Offline Noto

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +774/-2132
  • This forum is making me almost as bitter as SirO
    • View Profile
  • Cars: '23 Mazda CX-50 Turbo; '24 Crosstrek Wilderness
« Reply #36 on: July 30, 2015, 12:17:10 pm »
I expect that from TripleBob, pi, or GBA, but not from you!  :P

It has been settled that this will be 6MT only, which is stupid, IMO.  The availability of an automatic does not dilute the manual option at all, but opens up for more sales.  It's simply good business.  If the WRX sold 90% manual, 10% automatic, there'd be a case for not offering the automatic, but it's said to be about 60/40 at this point, last I heard.

Pricing seems to be as expected, but higher than I think it should be.  This player will be a great driver, but it surely won't be any more 'luxurious' than the STi.  The Golf R's interior will be a nicer place to be, and with the 2.3T, the RS will likely be the thirstiest of the bunch.

Offline Kris78

• Enthusiast
  • Carma: +28/-25
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2015 Chevy Traverse, 2013 Suzuki SV650SF
« Reply #37 on: July 30, 2015, 01:40:56 pm »

It has been settled that this will be 6MT only, which is stupid, IMO.  The availability of an automatic does not dilute the manual option at all, but opens up for more sales.  It's simply good business.  If the WRX sold 90% manual, 10% automatic, there'd be a case for not offering the automatic, but it's said to be about 60/40 at this point, last I heard.

To play devil's advocate, the RS isn't like WRX. It is like the STi, which is also manual only.

What is stupid is the lack of an auto on the ST. With the likes of the STi, Golf R, and now RS popping up in showrooms, the comparatively sedate WRX, GTI, and ST become the rational choice, right? It is at that level that I think manufacturers should be sure to offer something for everyone.

As for the wife/manual argument... My wife will not learn to drive standard, and there have been times that it would have been VERY useful if she could drive my car. As such, my next car will likely be an automatic, and I just hope that the new ones are as awesome as people say they are.... I know that the spineless/lazy comment was just a joke, but sometimes real life gets in the way  :(

Offline Fobroader

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 30, 2015, 01:42:48 pm »

To play devil's advocate, the RS isn't like WRX. It is like the STi, which is also manual only.

What is stupid is the lack of an auto on the ST. With the likes of the STi, Golf R, and now RS popping up in showrooms, the comparatively sedate WRX, GTI, and ST become the rational choice, right? It is at that level that I think manufacturers should be sure to offer something for everyone.

As for the wife/manual argument... My wife will not learn to drive standard, and there have been times that it would have been VERY useful if she could drive my car. As such, my next car will likely be an automatic, and I just hope that the new ones are as awesome as people say they are.... I know that the spineless/lazy comment was just a joke, but sometimes real life gets in the way  :(

I was just busting chops......mainly  ;D

Offline Sir Osis of Liver

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1376/-1726
  • Ramblin' man
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2017 KTM DUKE 390, 2019 VW Jetta GLI 35th Anniversary
« Reply #39 on: July 30, 2015, 01:48:13 pm »

Pricing seems to be as expected, but higher than I think it should be.  This player will be a great driver, but it surely won't be any more 'luxurious' than the STi.  The Golf R's interior will be a nicer place to be, and with the 2.3T, the RS will likely be the thirstiest of the bunch.

But I used the pointy stick! ;D