Author Topic: Buick Envision Compact Crossover most likely coming to Canada  (Read 4020 times)

Offline Autos_Editor

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +91/-560
    • View Profile

Buick Envision may be the next compact SUV to join North America's rapidly growing ranks
Read More...

Offline dkaz

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +290/-389
  • Flip flop
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 12 Mazda 5 GT 6MT
Re: Buick Envision Compact Crossover most likely coming to Canada
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2015, 04:47:08 pm »
Between tiny tot (Encore) and gigantor (Enclave), why not?

Offline Cord

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +104/-115
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2015, 04:56:04 pm »
What a terrible, awkward name! Plus, don't they know that Ford already has all the E-word SUVs.
"If we can just believe something then we don't have to really think for ourselves, do we?" Paul Haggis

Offline dirtyjeffer

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +296/-1312
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2021 Toyota Venza Limited, 2016 Kia Sorento EX AWD
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2015, 04:57:52 pm »
i think it actually looks nice...decent proportions, upscale looks (in a mature way) and not overly swoopy just for the sake of swoopiness.
When you've lost the argument, admit defeat and hit the smite button.

Offline EV-Light

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +125/-1490
    • View Profile
Buick Envision Compact Crossover most likely coming to Canada
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2015, 08:45:15 pm »
Plain Jane

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Solstice2006

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +245/-468
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2008 Hyundai Entourage, 2007 Buick Lucerne
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2015, 09:37:32 pm »
i think it actually looks nice...decent proportions, upscale looks (in a mature way) and not overly swoopy just for the sake of swoopiness.

I agree.  I wonder if the next gen Equinox/Terrain will lose the V6 for the turbo 4.  Just like the Ford Escape.  I prefer the V6 and 6 speed auto. 

Offline Noto

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +774/-2132
  • This forum is making me almost as bitter as SirO
    • View Profile
  • Cars: '23 Mazda CX-50 Turbo; '24 Crosstrek Wilderness
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2015, 10:49:01 am »
well-suited to take on some of the nicer mainstream five-seat crossovers like the Ford Edge, Hyundai Santa Fe Sport, Toyota Venza and Nissan Murano.
Are we sure it's sized for that class and not that of the Escape/Rav4/Rogue?

WHEELBASE:   108.26
LENGTH:   183.7
WIDTH:   72.4
HEIGHT:   66.77
Source

Murano:
Wheelbase   111.2
length 192.4
width 75.4
height 66.6

Rogue:
Wheelbase   106.5
length 182.3
width 72.4
height 66.3

I'd say it's more in the compact class than mid-size.

Offline dirtyjeffer

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +296/-1312
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2021 Toyota Venza Limited, 2016 Kia Sorento EX AWD
« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2015, 09:39:13 pm »
I agree.  I wonder if the next gen Equinox/Terrain will lose the V6 for the turbo 4.  Just like the Ford Escape.  I prefer the V6 and 6 speed auto.
i think i like the V6 option as well...i was looking at the new Sorento and if i were to purchase that, would get the 7 passenger version so i can get the V6...then of course, the problem is, i'm buying a 7 passenger vehicle just to have the V6, which makes no sense...bah, back to the Forester XT i guess, since if i'm going to get a turbo 4, it might as well come in the more affordable and right sized package (a Crosstrek XT would be nice too).

Offline Solstice2006

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +245/-468
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2008 Hyundai Entourage, 2007 Buick Lucerne
« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2015, 09:42:55 am »
i think i like the V6 option as well...i was looking at the new Sorento and if i were to purchase that, would get the 7 passenger version so i can get the V6...then of course, the problem is, i'm buying a 7 passenger vehicle just to have the V6, which makes no sense...bah, back to the Forester XT i guess, since if i'm going to get a turbo 4, it might as well come in the more affordable and right sized package (a Crosstrek XT would be nice too).

Same problem with the Santa Fe, if you want the V6, you have to get the XL.  SUV's that seat 5, with V6, are quite limited. 

Offline EV Dan

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +480/-384
    • View Profile
  • Cars: '21 Venzaurus
« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2015, 10:59:59 am »

A friend of mine thought the same about the Fe XL. Until one day we threw in 2 doors and a few pieces of 12' siding... and closed the hatch  :o :rofl2:
Give a man a fish, he eats for a day. Teach the man to fish and he wakes you up at 5 in the morning.