Author Topic: Long-Term Test Update: 2016 Mazda CX-3  (Read 23654 times)

Offline Solstice2006

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +245/-468
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2008 Hyundai Entourage, 2007 Buick Lucerne
Re: Long-Term Test Update: 2016 Mazda CX-3
« Reply #60 on: October 22, 2015, 06:53:06 pm »
The Soul is an incredible car - and if Kia were smart, it'd throw AWD in it ASAP to make it a true contender for the major CUV dollars.  Keeping it FWD is seriously moronic.

Incredible?  One of the worst rentals I have every had.  I was supposed to get the Rondo, but they were out.  On the 3rd day, I told them to get me a Rondo or upgrade me.  Was not smooth at all.  I remember struggling with in the winter.  Even if did have all seasons, I have had other cars with all seasons and never had that many problems.  Now the Rondo was great.  I consider the Soul a good value.  But thats it. 

Offline Noto

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +774/-2132
  • This forum is making me almost as bitter as SirO
    • View Profile
  • Cars: '23 Mazda CX-50 Turbo; '24 Crosstrek Wilderness
« Reply #61 on: October 23, 2015, 11:17:03 am »

Oh, I got it...but chose to answer my way better ;D

but they are hoping that once the Mexican plants gets up and running that this might alleviate some of their capacity problems.
http://thekoreancarblog.com/2015/10/21/kia-soul-turbo-and-soul-awd-in-the-works/
Still seems odd to me, but acceptable.  I would wager a burger that sales of the Soul would double if it were offered with AWD.

The Soul is an incredible car - and if Kia were smart, it'd throw AWD in it ASAP to make it a true contender for the major CUV dollars.  Keeping it FWD is seriously moronic.

Incredible?  One of the worst rentals I have every had.  I was supposed to get the Rondo, but they were out.  On the 3rd day, I told them to get me a Rondo or upgrade me.  Was not smooth at all.  I remember struggling with in the winter.  Even if did have all seasons, I have had other cars with all seasons and never had that many problems.  Now the Rondo was great.  I consider the Soul a good value.  But thats it. 
I found the exact opposite - hated the Rondo, quite liked the Soul.

Offline conwelpic

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +85/-815
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2020 Mazda CX-30 GS FWD - Snowflake white
« Reply #62 on: October 23, 2015, 11:51:10 am »

what was the year and model of the Soul that you rented?

Offline conwelpic

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: October 23, 2015, 12:05:11 pm »

but they are hoping that once the Mexican plants gets up and running that this might alleviate some of their capacity problems.
http://thekoreancarblog.com/2015/10/21/kia-soul-turbo-and-soul-awd-in-the-works/
Still seems odd to me, but acceptable.  I would wager a burger that sales of the Soul would double if it were offered with AWD.

I think you would loose  ;D, it could possibly increase somewhat but not double, they are already running at capacity (basically only one plant in South Korea supplies the whole world market for this vehicle and that same plants also builds the Rondo, Sportage and trucks, buses and military vehicles, it has a capacity of 620,000 units and was upgrades from 500,000 prior to 2013) and not meeting the demand.  The vast majority of their buyers in their largest market, the US, do not need or want AWD and where required just slap on a good set of snow tires and your good to go.  FWD with snow tires is far superior to AWD with all seasons, but I suppose it will provide competition to other models in its segment that do offer AWD, I'm sure it will come eventually along with a turbo engine too.

Well over one million of the Soul have been sold worldwide since it introduction.

Offline Noto

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: October 23, 2015, 01:16:09 pm »

Not that you're asking me - but my rental was a 2013.

And conwelpic, I'm supporting the Soul - don't fight with me!   :-*  I want to see sales double!

Offline Solstice2006

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +245/-468
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2008 Hyundai Entourage, 2007 Buick Lucerne
« Reply #65 on: October 23, 2015, 06:27:06 pm »

Pretty sure a 2013 (as it was in the winter of 2013), its in the rental thread where I complained in there too....

Offline conwelpic

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: October 25, 2015, 06:44:47 pm »

Pretty sure a 2013 (as it was in the winter of 2013), its in the rental thread where I complained in there too....
That's G1, there is vast different in the Soul from the G1 to G2, just drove a G2 recently and what a difference in the ride vs my G1 version  ;D

Offline conwelpic

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: October 25, 2015, 06:47:26 pm »

Not that you're asking me - but my rental was a 2013.

And conwelpic, I'm supporting the Soul - don't fight with me!   :-*  I want to see sales double!
not fighting with you just stating facts, would like sales to double but have to be realistic about it   ;D

Offline Noto

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: October 26, 2015, 11:54:15 am »
but have to be realistic about it   ;D
In this forum, nothing has to be realistic ;D