Author Topic: BMW Debuts 435i ZHP Coupe Edition - HP, handling and visual upgrades  (Read 2828 times)

Offline Autos_Editor

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +91/-560
    • View Profile

BMW reveals 435i ZHP Coupe - limited to 100 units

Read More...

Offline ronniefung

• Learner's Permit
  • Carma: +6/-13
  • Resident Tire Slayer
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Toyota Supra TT, RX-7 'Vert V8, and various Pressers
Yes, the price is a bit ridiculous... and I've updated it to the proper time. I thought the sub-5 second mark was a little too quick. Shame on me for asking a BMW enthusiast friend without double checking. Cheers!
If it shifts, it drifts.

Offline Noto

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +774/-2132
  • This forum is making me almost as bitter as SirO
    • View Profile
  • Cars: '23 Mazda CX-50 Turbo; '24 Crosstrek Wilderness
Yeah I'm more interested in just how much more the package is over the standard...but at $75k to start, how far off is it from the full-blown M4?

Online OliverD

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +255/-775
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2011 BMW 328i Touring, 1998 Jaguar XJR, 2024 Mini Cooper S
Yeah I'm more interested in just how much more the package is over the standard...but at $75k to start, how far off is it from the full-blown M4?

$0. The M4 base price is $75k (though most seem to be optioned up to $90k+ especially with the dual clutch transmission).

A 435i with both M performance packages is $62k with fees. I can't see this being over $70k.

Offline redman

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +100/-298
  • Make mine a flat white, triple shot.
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee, 2010 Subaru Legacy Limited, 2009 Pontiac Vibe GT son's
Nice power, also agree hi price but the biggest clincher for me is the look. A little to much fromage as if it was teenafied.

At this price point one can get a 2016 Jaguar F-Type. A more distinguishable look without the overtly blinged out processed look of the ZHP.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2015, 09:51:27 am by redman »
Past New (8yrs) Car Dealer for : BMW, Lexus, Nissan and Toyota<br />Past Used Vehicle Dealer: All Makes and Models. Seen a lot of it. Drove a lot of it. <br />Four-stroke Otto Engine 1876. Modern timer, pop-up toaster 1919 keep convincing yourself that you have the "latest appliance".

Offline JohnnyMac

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +112/-461
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2022 Honda CR-V Sport, 2022 Honda Civic Si, 2020 Toyota Rav4 Hybrid XLE (traded in), 2020 VW Jetta GLI (Traded in), 2010 Hyundai Santa Fe Limited (sold), 2016 VW Golf R (Sold)
If you want a fast BMW Coupe on the cheap what's wrong with the M235i?  I think it would out perform this new 435 ZHP edition.  Plus shouldn't there be a proper 2 series M car coming shortly that will slot under the M4 and offer almost the same amount of performance.  I don't get why someone would pay $70K for such a vehicle.  That being said, like any special edition German car, people will line up out the door no matter what the price of options are.

Offline Fobroader

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1424/-2122
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2020 Toyota Tundra, 2021 Lexus GX460, 2018 Kawasaki Versys X300
The M235 or an actual M3 or M4 sound like a much better choice then this pinstripes, spoiler and floormats "special edition".  ::)
Lighten up Francis.....

Offline Snowman

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +702/-1347
  • “It’s never crowded along the extra mile.”
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Cars: 2012 Audi TT-RS. 2011 Toyota Venza AWD.2004 Honda S2000 Bikes: Giant Defy Avdvanced 0. Giant Talon 29 "hardtail"
If you want a fast BMW Coupe on the cheap what's wrong with the M235i?  I think it would out perform this new 435 ZHP edition.  Plus shouldn't there be a proper 2 series M car coming shortly that will slot under the M4 and offer almost the same amount of performance.  I don't get why someone would pay $70K for such a vehicle.  That being said, like any special edition German car, people will line up out the door no matter what the price of options are.

Agree 100% on the M235i.

Offline 2JDM

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +119/-141
    • View Profile

Same like any Apple product...  :P

Offline johngenx

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +758/-938
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2009 Toyota Corolla, 2004 Toyota Highlander V-6 4WD, 2001 Subaru Forester, 1994 Mazda Miata
Yup - put me in the M235i camp, or if I were to go seriously up-budget, the M4 would be it.

Offline ronniefung

• Learner's Permit
  • Carma: +6/-13
  • Resident Tire Slayer
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Toyota Supra TT, RX-7 'Vert V8, and various Pressers
Re: BMW Debuts 435i ZHP Coupe Edition - HP, handling and visual upgrades
« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2015, 03:40:53 pm »
Yes, the price is a bit ridiculous... and I've updated it to the proper time. I thought the sub-5 second mark was a little too quick. Shame on me for asking a BMW enthusiast friend without double checking. Cheers!

Ha!  It certainly wasn't a criticism of your writing style or any sort of fact checking.  I am just kind of a specification nerd.

Cheers,

Always appreciate the heads up. We do make mistakes from time to time and it's always appreciated when we're called out on it. :)

Offline KD

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +359/-263
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2017 Frontier Pro-4X, 2013 Lexus GS-350
Re: BMW Debuts 435i ZHP Coupe Edition - HP, handling and visual upgrades
« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2015, 05:14:55 pm »

Ha!  It certainly wasn't a criticism of your writing style or any sort of fact checking.  I am just kind of a specification nerd.

Cheers,

Always appreciate the heads up. We do make mistakes from time to time and it's always appreciated when we're called out on it. :)

Hey, aren't we supposed to pm JB when we see an editorial mistake? :rofl: