Author Topic: 2016 Mustang gets hood vent turn signals, racing stripes, and new trim packages  (Read 8511 times)

Offline Autos_Editor

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +91/-560
    • View Profile

2016 Mustang available with hood-vent signals, racing stripes and more...

Read More...

Offline Triple Bob

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +308/-574
  • Profesional Dash Stroker
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Tundra, GTI, Triumph Tiger, KTM, C63 AMG, FZ-09, Triumph Speed Triple, VW Golf Wagon TDI, BMW 535i, Honda CRF250L, Hyundai Genesis Coupe, Mitsubishi Outlander, Lotus Exige, Subaru Impreza, Peugeot 106, BMW Z4, Toyota MR2 MKIII, Ford Sierra Sapphire
So where are the pics..?

Choosing a car based on reliability is like choosing a wife based solely because she is punctual. There is more to it than that...

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1254/-7214
    • View Profile
So where are the pics..?

I'm guessing you mean this?

How fast is my 911?  Supras sh*t on on me all the time...in reverse..with blown turbos  :( ...

Offline ronniefung

• Learner's Permit
  • Carma: +6/-13
  • Resident Tire Slayer
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Toyota Supra TT, RX-7 'Vert V8, and various Pressers
If it shifts, it drifts.

Offline Triple Bob

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +308/-574
  • Profesional Dash Stroker
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Tundra, GTI, Triumph Tiger, KTM, C63 AMG, FZ-09, Triumph Speed Triple, VW Golf Wagon TDI, BMW 535i, Honda CRF250L, Hyundai Genesis Coupe, Mitsubishi Outlander, Lotus Exige, Subaru Impreza, Peugeot 106, BMW Z4, Toyota MR2 MKIII, Ford Sierra Sapphire
They point at the driver?

They look feckin' stupid!

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1254/-7214
    • View Profile

It's because the 67-68s had 'em.  Not terribly functional back then...or today.

Offline quadzilla

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +391/-634
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2022 Rock'n Rolla Nightstalker

:rofl2:

So true.

Offline Solstice2006

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +245/-468
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2008 Hyundai Entourage, 2007 Buick Lucerne
best generation of Mustang yet

I thought the news is supposed to be just the news. 

[/If Ford is taking requests, I’d like them to come out with the Vanilla Ice edition. As a throwback to 1989′s breakout hit, “Ice Ice Baby” (one of the deepest and most important songs since the dawn of timequote]

They are trying to improve the vehicle, and draw more sells.  ^ Pretty sure that won't help...

And I agree with the others, those vent signals look dumb.  Almost as bad as the port holes on Buicks!

Offline ronniefung

• Learner's Permit
  • Resident Tire Slayer
    • View Profile

[/If Ford is taking requests, I’d like them to come out with the Vanilla Ice edition. As a throwback to 1989′s breakout hit, “Ice Ice Baby” (one of the deepest and most important songs since the dawn of timequote]

They are trying to improve the vehicle, and draw more sells.  ^ Pretty sure that won't help...

And I agree with the others, those vent signals look dumb.  Almost as bad as the port holes on Buicks!

It cannot be disputed that this is the best generation of Mustang yet. That's not news, you're absolutely right on with that.

Thanks for your comments!

Yeah, not a huge fan of the vent signals either. Some people will love it. I also really disliked the lightup LED pony that was projected onto the ground from the sideview mirrors as well.

Offline ronniefung

• Learner's Permit
  • Resident Tire Slayer
    • View Profile
The best additions are definitely the Performance Package on the 'vert GTs. It really bothered me that you couldn't buy the vert with all the goodies. There were quite a few people on the Mustang forums that bought a 2015 'vert and ended up spending a lot of money to buy the OEM Brembos and other bits to improve the car.

I realize that if you're looking for an all-out performance car, a convertible is not optimal but there are people out there that want a convertible and are aware of the drawbacks, but are willing to buy one with as many performance goodies as possible to improve on the chassis and running gear. I'm one of them. hehehe.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2015, 11:03:43 pm by ronniefung »

Offline JohnnyMac

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +112/-461
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2022 Honda CR-V Sport, 2022 Honda Civic Si, 2020 Toyota Rav4 Hybrid XLE (traded in), 2020 VW Jetta GLI (Traded in), 2010 Hyundai Santa Fe Limited (sold), 2016 VW Golf R (Sold)
I thought those blinkers on the hood are a good idea, as a lot of people around here keep driving with their blinkers on long after the turn, or put on the wrong indicator (signal for a right turn but turn left).  Here's hoping these hood signals will help cut down on these.

I like the black package the best personally.  I'll take mine in White manual GT black package with black roof please, and of course the performance package for the added go fast bits.

Offline .l..

• Enthusiast
  • Carma: +23/-654
    • View Profile
Yeah, not a huge fan of the vent signals either. Some people will love it. I also really disliked the lightup LED pony that was projected onto the ground from the sideview mirrors as well.

Ford had to work hard to get that little pony light to work like magic like it does.  Never seen it in action, can't judge it for what it is.  I like the nod to the 60's with the hood blinkers...but
I thought those blinkers on the hood are a good idea, as a lot of people around here keep driving with their blinkers on long after the turn
- you'll first have to convince the entire population to buy Mustangs since it's the only car with them. Not much of a car meant for seniors though. Maybe they'll put them on Fusions and Focii and F150's too...(please no).

Offline Thinking Out Loud

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +19/-16
    • View Profile
  • Cars: '16 Suzuki M50 Boulevard + '19 Frontier Pro4X + 2015 Mustang EcoBoost 'vert + '09 Altima SL Coupe

Maybe true, but the sequential tail lamp turn signals that were actually Cougar-specific in the same era are nice but unnecessary homage to earlier design cues are on the 'stang nowadays.   Pure 'cool' but little else.

At least they are neatly integrated into the hood, not like some applications back in the 1970's.   ;D

Fortune favours the bold!

Offline Noto

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +774/-2132
  • This forum is making me almost as bitter as SirO
    • View Profile
  • Cars: '23 Mazda CX-50 Turbo; '24 Crosstrek Wilderness
Ford is demonstrating just how dedicated they are to capturing the lion’s share of the performance market, and if they continue to do what they’ve been doing for the past few years, they’re on track to be on top for a long time
:stfu: :stfu: :stfu: :stfu:

Look, I know you have this complex that a singular legal entity made up of a group of employees should be described in the plural (I disagree wholeheartedly), but at least be consistent.

As for the packages, they suit the purpose of the Mustang lineup.  I applaud Ford for making more features available as standalone options.

Offline Noto

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
I can't wait for these to be an option.  Oh happy day.
What's with people and that option?  I don't understand it at all, but see them all the time.

Offline tpl

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +298/-675
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2022 Taos
Ford is demonstrating just how dedicated they are to capturing the lion’s share of the performance market, and if they continue to do what they’ve been doing for the past few years, they’re on track to be on top for a long time

Look, I know you have this complex that a singular legal entity made up of a group of employees should be described in the plural (I disagree wholeheartedly), but at least be consistent.

So what are you suggesting.      It is instead of they are ?   Or Ford  are        I think I would prefer to keep the singular but I admit to being as guilty as anyone else with a mixture like that...language does change.   English has been missing a pronoun or two since inflection went away after the Romans left.
The most radical revolutionary will become a conservative the day after the revolution.

Offline tpl

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +298/-675
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2022 Taos
I guess those indicators will just get full on packed snow by late November and won't be a problem until May. 

Offline Noto

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile

So what are you suggesting.      It is instead of they are ?   Or Ford  are        I think I would prefer to keep the singular but I admit to being as guilty as anyone else with a mixture like that...language does change.   English has been missing a pronoun or two since inflection went away after the Romans left.
I'm suggesting it should have been "Ford are demonstrating just how dedicated they are" to be consistent, but the legitimate proper grammar would be:
"Ford is demonstrating just how dedicated it is"

I'm mostly posting this to rip on Ronnie for funzies, but I do love me some proper grammar :)

Northernridge

Maybe Mustang owners need remedial help with left and right...?

'cept AS of course.  :)

Offline Solstice2006

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +245/-468
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2008 Hyundai Entourage, 2007 Buick Lucerne

It cannot be disputed that this is the best generation of Mustang yet. That's not news, you're absolutely right on with that.

Thanks for your comments!

Very funny, very unbiased reporting indeed.  Ford can't even come up with an evolved design, they have to go back to the 60's (like the previous gen) to get their ideas.  Which is fine and all, but it's not huge difference from the previous gen.  Would be really interested to see what the sales are like, across the board with the 4 cylinder, V6, and V8.  But I doubt we will ever get that info.