Author Topic: Test Drive: 2015 Buick Regal  (Read 9308 times)

Offline tazcubed

• Enthusiast
  • Carma: +18/-26
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2012 Subaru Forester, 2013 Ford Explorer Sport (sold), 2016 Tesla Model S 90D
Re: Test Drive: 2015 Buick Regal
« Reply #20 on: May 05, 2015, 09:27:34 am »
Boo-hicks leave me cold with their jellybean retro/modern styling. If it came down to having to choose between this or a Nissan Juke, I'd go back to walking. Thankfully, alternative (and better) choices aren't that hard to find.

Offline mlin32

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +65/-419
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2017 Peugeot 308 GT; 2015 Yamaha YZF-R3
« Reply #21 on: May 05, 2015, 09:35:20 am »
I agree that the exterior is aging well.  But then I maintain that this is nothing more than saying "I liked it then and duh, I still like it now".  It was and is a handsome sedan.  And now that they have finally (I believe) rid themselves of the various weaksauce motors previously whimpering under the hood, it's a pretty compelling entry.  Still cramped in the back seat for a car its size, though.  IMO.
I think that's what the Buick Allure is for, no?
ø cons: Peugeot 308: Yamaha R3 [/URL]

Offline Jaeger

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +707/-12389
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2015 Hyundai Genesis 3.8 AWD, 2016 Honda Fit EX-L Navi, 2019 Genesis G80 3.3t Sport, 2021 Honda CB650R, 2023 Honda Monkey
« Reply #22 on: May 05, 2015, 11:43:48 am »
I agree that the exterior is aging well.  But then I maintain that this is nothing more than saying "I liked it then and duh, I still like it now".  It was and is a handsome sedan.  And now that they have finally (I believe) rid themselves of the various weaksauce motors previously whimpering under the hood, it's a pretty compelling entry.  Still cramped in the back seat for a car its size, though.  IMO.
I think that's what the Buick Allure is for, no?

No way on earth I would ever consider that barge - at least not while I'm comfortably on this side of 70.  But as someone who regularly shuttles around 4 teens in a car pool I do need decent rear seat space in my midsize sedan.  The Regal is pretty cramped back there for what is otherwise a large-ish car.  It wouldn't be a deal breaker.  In fact, there was a Regal in our pool up until the end of last year.  Which is why I have more than just my own opinion to go by as to the lack of rear seat space.
Wokeism is nothing more than the recognition and opposition of bigotry in all its forms.  Bigots are predictably triggered.

Offline Noto

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +774/-2132
  • This forum is making me almost as bitter as SirO
    • View Profile
  • Cars: '23 Mazda CX-50 Turbo; '24 Crosstrek Wilderness
« Reply #23 on: May 05, 2015, 03:56:13 pm »
I love the Regal...it's overpriced, but depreciation is huge, so the used market (rare find) is where one should shop.
I'll post this separately, but my buddy just took a job in Edmonton (moving from Israel, where he did a Post-Doc) and asked me what he should get.  He grew up with an Olds LSS and loved it.  I recommended the Regal to him on the used market.

The brown is broken up by fake aluminum trim – which is gross – and then accentuated by fake wood with a thick lacquer effect which is not only gross, but also brown. So gross. I guess what I’m trying to say is: “Ew”. And don’t get me started on the chrome alloys either.
:rofl:
I missed you, Jacob! 

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1254/-7210
    • View Profile
Buick Regal #1 traded-in vehicle after 1 year ownership...
« Reply #24 on: May 06, 2015, 05:08:27 pm »
Uh oh...looks like people who buy Regals don't like them much. #1 traded in vehicle after 1 year ownership with nearly 11% of owners dumping it.

Can't wait to hear SirOs spin on this!   :rofl2:

http://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/2015/05/buick-regal-tops-among-traded-one-year-ownership/

How fast is my 911?  Supras sh*t on on me all the time...in reverse..with blown turbos  :( ...

Offline Noto

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +774/-2132
  • This forum is making me almost as bitter as SirO
    • View Profile
  • Cars: '23 Mazda CX-50 Turbo; '24 Crosstrek Wilderness
« Reply #25 on: May 06, 2015, 05:43:11 pm »
Apparently the Regal leads the pack as the most frequently traded in vehicle at only one-year old.
http://www.consumeraffairs.com/news/7-new-cars-that-consumers-tend-to-sell-after-a-year-050115.html
Complaints concern the seats and interior. Just as the author here mentions. Funny about that.
Uh oh...looks like people who buy Regals don't like them much. #1 traded in vehicle after 1 year ownership with nearly 11% of owners dumping it.
Can't wait to hear SirOs spin on this!   :rofl2:
http://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/2015/05/buick-regal-tops-among-traded-one-year-ownership/
chignectohead beat you to it, rrocket.