Author Topic: Product Review: Cyntur JumperPack Mini  (Read 2783 times)

Offline Autos_Editor

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +91/-560
    • View Profile
Product Review: Cyntur JumperPack Mini
« on: April 14, 2015, 06:26:52 am »

JumperPack Mini delivers compact performance and handy features in a useful portable power pack.
Read More...

Offline Noto

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +774/-2132
  • This forum is making me almost as bitter as SirO
    • View Profile
  • Cars: '23 Mazda CX-50 Turbo; '24 Crosstrek Wilderness
Re: Product Review: Cyntur JumperPack Mini
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2015, 08:51:14 am »
What's a packsack?  I've heard of backpacks, napsacks, or daypacks, but packsack?  ;D  Just yankin'.

Thanks for the heads up.  Just bought one for FFIL's 911 (his birthday was last week) - he'll be very happy with this!

Offline HeliDriver

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +176/-235
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2023 Crosstrek Sport 6MT; 2011 Yukon XL 2500
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2015, 11:03:28 am »
^^ And don't forget the rucksack!

I might have to look into one of these. Can't remember the last time I had to jump start my car, but it would be handy to have an external power source on board. My wife bought one of those 12V coolers to use for bringing groceries home from the city, but it would also be nice to leave it plugged in for longer periods while the car is parked.

I'm sure a cigarette socket thing could be wired up, but I'd have to do the math to see how long this unit would power the cooler and whether it would be worth it.

Offline Noto

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +774/-2132
  • This forum is making me almost as bitter as SirO
    • View Profile
  • Cars: '23 Mazda CX-50 Turbo; '24 Crosstrek Wilderness
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2015, 12:31:46 pm »
^^ And don't forget the rucksack!

I might have to look into one of these. Can't remember the last time I had to jump start my car, but it would be handy to have an external power source on board. My wife bought one of those 12V coolers to use for bringing groceries home from the city, but it would also be nice to leave it plugged in for longer periods while the car is parked.

I'm sure a cigarette socket thing could be wired up, but I'd have to do the math to see how long this unit would power the cooler and whether it would be worth it.
For FFIL, his Jag had to be jumped every other week if he didn't drive it (which was often as he was away on business).  Memories of that would make him appreciate this all the more.

...but he's one to keep an emerg bag in his car any way.  He would want a bright LED flashlight.  That it could also charge his phone?  Great!  That it could also start his car?  All the better.  They have CAA, so it's 'limited' use, but it's not useless.

Would I ever use it in the Corolla?  Unlikely, and I'm not sure if it'd even work on the RX given that it's a hybrid (the engine does not crank on start-up...).

But for a 14 year old 911 Turbo?  I think it'll make a nice gift :)

Offline SaskSpecV

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +87/-149
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2015 Subaru Forester Touring 6MT, 2009 Hyundai Elantra Touring GLsport 5MT, 2009 GMC Sierra 2500 6.0L
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2015, 02:13:24 pm »
Looks pretty neat.  Although it can maintain a charge for up to a year, how well will it hold the charge in the cold?  That's the issue with all these booster packs - you want to leave them in the car for when they are needed, but any battery depletes rapidly in -30 weather.  Or is this one any different?

I was interested in buying the last booster pack advertised on autos.ca - I think it was the Noco booster pack - and it seemed to get great ratings from amazon.  Until I read through more of the reviews - most of the ratings were from customers that had been given (free) the booster pack by the company, and then who posted glowing reviews.  Customers who actually PAID for the product weren't nearly as impressed, noting that the booster had failed to hold a charge well, and often simply could not boost a V6 or V8 engine (thought it was claimed to boost up to 6.0L V8s).  I ended up getting a Clore ES5000 booster from NAPA instead - it's an absolute beast (18 lbs), but I wanted something heavy duty for the 3/4 tonne truck and that would last for years.  These mini boosters might do the trick, but I just didn't want to risk it this time.