Author Topic: Found On The Internet - II  (Read 1435137 times)

Offline Fobroader

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1424/-2121
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2020 Toyota Tundra, 2021 Lexus GX460, 2018 Kawasaki Versys X300
Re: Found On The Internet - II
« Reply #6660 on: March 09, 2021, 04:58:52 pm »
Yeah, those truck tents are pretty sweet. We introduced them at CT maybe 2 years ago and they've been very popular. Like Fob, if I HAD to camp, being up off the ground is a bonus, and i agree that you could move the truck around the campsite without having to take the tent down....but on the road, no way. Great for festivals/events too....seeing lots of these pop up in the campgrounds at CTMP, etc.
Course, if you're sleeping 'in' the truck, why not just save the hassle and sleep in the cab  ;D The only time I've gone camping, back in university, I ended up sleeping in the cab of my Sonoma....Way more comfy than some sketchy tent.

I think if you have a truck, in the bed under some sort of canopy is the only way to fly. After camping out the in the back of the jeep, a weather tight vehicle is way better than ANY tent. Wind, rain, sleet, no problem.
Lighten up Francis.....

Offline Arthur Dent

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +186/-80
  • 42?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6661 on: March 09, 2021, 05:27:08 pm »
We bought it for a road trip. New place every night. Might not happen this year. Thanks a lot COVID.  :-\

Offline quadzilla

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +391/-634
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2022 Rock'n Rolla Nightstalker
« Reply #6662 on: March 09, 2021, 05:49:50 pm »
The problem with truck tents is they don't get you to the best spots.  :P

Offline Arthur Dent

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +186/-80
  • 42?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6663 on: March 09, 2021, 05:56:56 pm »
This was with wife. She is only so adventurous ...

Offline quadzilla

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +391/-634
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2022 Rock'n Rolla Nightstalker
« Reply #6664 on: March 09, 2021, 06:25:14 pm »
I've been lucky that the Mrs lets me drag her to some cool spots.

Offline Triple Bob

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +308/-574
  • Profesional Dash Stroker
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Tundra, GTI, Triumph Tiger, KTM, C63 AMG, FZ-09, Triumph Speed Triple, VW Golf Wagon TDI, BMW 535i, Honda CRF250L, Hyundai Genesis Coupe, Mitsubishi Outlander, Lotus Exige, Subaru Impreza, Peugeot 106, BMW Z4, Toyota MR2 MKIII, Ford Sierra Sapphire
« Reply #6665 on: March 09, 2021, 07:00:38 pm »
Yeah, those truck tents are pretty sweet. We introduced them at CT maybe 2 years ago and they've been very popular. Like Fob, if I HAD to camp, being up off the ground is a bonus, and i agree that you could move the truck around the campsite without having to take the tent down....but on the road, no way. Great for festivals/events too....seeing lots of these pop up in the campgrounds at CTMP, etc.
Course, if you're sleeping 'in' the truck, why not just save the hassle and sleep in the cab  ;D The only time I've gone camping, back in university, I ended up sleeping in the cab of my Sonoma....Way more comfy than some sketchy tent.

Something tells me you're just not cut out for road trip adventuring, period..?  :rofl2:

Choosing a car based on reliability is like choosing a wife based solely because she is punctual. There is more to it than that...

Offline Firm

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +232/-1072
  • Urban Hick
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2010 XKR, 2007 DTS, 2006 Escalade, 2000 Sonoma ZQ8,1996 Firebird, 1996 Firebird Formula, 1985 Trans Am, 1984 Camaro, 1978 MGB x2
« Reply #6666 on: March 09, 2021, 08:31:33 pm »

Something tells me you're just not cut out for road trip adventuring, period..?  :rofl2:

You're half right. I am not one for 'roughing it' for the sake of it....Just not my thing. If it's a situational thing, sure, but to just go out in sleep in nature for shits and gigs, not for me. Plenty of people like it, cool everyone has their thing, and I am not knocking it, it's just not my thing......Twice in my career I've neglected to vet my travel literary from my admin; once I wound up in a Comfort Inn in Belleville ON and the other time a TravelLodge in downtown Prince Geoge BC - that's enough roughing it for me  :rofl2:

As for road trips, I love them. My favorite vacations have been road trips and I choose driving over flying, even for work stuff, every time I can. Given the time, roads trips are something I do for the sake of doing it, especially if I can do it in an interesting car. The Hagerty Maple Mille is an event I really want to do, but it falls on a really busy time of year for me...This year, Covid restrictions aside, I'd really like to make an effort to participate. That sort of stuff is my bag.

Offline Fobroader

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1424/-2121
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2020 Toyota Tundra, 2021 Lexus GX460, 2018 Kawasaki Versys X300
« Reply #6667 on: March 10, 2021, 05:21:36 pm »

You're half right. I am not one for 'roughing it' for the sake of it....Just not my thing. If it's a situational thing, sure, but to just go out in sleep in nature for shits and gigs, not for me. Plenty of people like it, cool everyone has their thing, and I am not knocking it, it's just not my thing......Twice in my career I've neglected to vet my travel literary from my admin; once I wound up in a Comfort Inn in Belleville ON and the other time a TravelLodge in downtown Prince Geoge BC - that's enough roughing it for me  :rofl2:

As for road trips, I love them. My favorite vacations have been road trips and I choose driving over flying, even for work stuff, every time I can. Given the time, roads trips are something I do for the sake of doing it, especially if I can do it in an interesting car. The Hagerty Maple Mille is an event I really want to do, but it falls on a really busy time of year for me...This year, Covid restrictions aside, I'd really like to make an effort to participate. That sort of stuff is my bag.

100% with you, I do not get this extended stays in tents thing, why be miserable out of my own doing?? A night or two camping somewhere interesting, sure, but I would rather be somewhere with indoor plumbing thanks!!

Offline Bubba

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +382/-442
  • Vice President, Autos.ca Arizona Operations
    • View Profile
    • My photo site
  • Cars: 2013 Toyota Corolla LE
« Reply #6668 on: March 13, 2021, 11:58:34 am »
Nice car.  I should get one. 

https://phoenix.craigslist.org/cph/cto/d/scottsdale-chrysler-sebring-four-door/7289569746.html

I'M KIDDING!    :o :run:

The prices on Crossfires have hit rock bottom because no one wants them.
 2004 Chrysler Crossfire - $5,750 (North Phoenix)
https://phoenix.craigslist.org/wvl/cto/d/phoenix-2004-chrysler-crossfire/7278512944.html

2005 Chrysler Crossfire 3,200 Miles Excellent - $14,500 (Marana)
https://tucson.craigslist.org/cto/d/marana-2005-chrysler-crossfire-3200/7282604909.html
« Last Edit: March 13, 2021, 12:04:32 pm by Bubba »
My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government. - Thomas Jefferson

Offline ChaosphereIX

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +187/-377
  • Wont run with the pack
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2015 Jaguar XJR-L
« Reply #6669 on: March 13, 2021, 12:25:18 pm »
SRT6 or GTFO. Had a neighbour that has one with lambo doors, loves that car. I dont know why but good on him for not having yet another Porsche or Miata...
If driving an Alfa does not restore vitality to your soul, then just pass the hospital and park at the morgue to save everyone time.

Now drives a Jaaaaaaag...and thus will not pay for anything during an outing...but it is OK, because....I drive a Jaaaaaag.

Offline Triple Bob

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +308/-574
  • Profesional Dash Stroker
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Tundra, GTI, Triumph Tiger, KTM, C63 AMG, FZ-09, Triumph Speed Triple, VW Golf Wagon TDI, BMW 535i, Honda CRF250L, Hyundai Genesis Coupe, Mitsubishi Outlander, Lotus Exige, Subaru Impreza, Peugeot 106, BMW Z4, Toyota MR2 MKIII, Ford Sierra Sapphire
« Reply #6670 on: March 13, 2021, 01:07:01 pm »
SRT6 or GTFO. Had a neighbour that has one with lambo doors, loves that car. I dont know why but good on him for not having yet another Porsche or Miata...

The fact that you even compare that to a Porsche or Miata is hilarious. I'd take a Miata over that every day of the week.

Offline OliverD

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +255/-769
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2011 BMW 328i Touring, 1998 Jaguar XJR, 2024 Mini Cooper S
« Reply #6671 on: March 13, 2021, 01:08:35 pm »

I’d rather a base with the stick.

Offline Blueprint

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +170/-232
  • member since way back when
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2024 Mazda CX-90 GS-L PHEV, 2022 Subaru Crosstrek Limited, 1975 Triumph TR6
« Reply #6672 on: March 13, 2021, 02:15:03 pm »
Traffic engineer/project manager & part time auto journalist

Offline Bubba

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +382/-442
  • Vice President, Autos.ca Arizona Operations
    • View Profile
    • My photo site
  • Cars: 2013 Toyota Corolla LE
« Reply #6673 on: March 13, 2021, 02:20:17 pm »
You had me looking. REAL cheap locally!

That's always been my reason for posting.  First, post something I find interesting so that someone might as well.

Offline Blueprint

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +170/-232
  • member since way back when
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2024 Mazda CX-90 GS-L PHEV, 2022 Subaru Crosstrek Limited, 1975 Triumph TR6
« Reply #6674 on: March 13, 2021, 02:32:59 pm »

That's always been my reason for posting.  First, post something I find interesting so that someone might as well.

Mmm... Wonder if sporty enough for Jeff?

Offline revalations

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +101/-329
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Chrysler Lebaron
« Reply #6675 on: March 13, 2021, 02:50:23 pm »
Could have bought a Crossfire at the auction for $3500 a few months back No takers even at that price. Figure it wouldn't be a bad car for cheap, at least it's unique.

Offline DriverJeff

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +181/-628
    • View Profile
    • Echo Bay Media
  • Cars: Whatever I'm assigned for the week + '13 Lexus GX460, '86 Toyota MR2, '18 Kawasaki Z900RS SE, 2021 Jeep Wrangler (GF's)
« Reply #6676 on: March 13, 2021, 03:25:44 pm »

Mmm... Wonder if sporty enough for Jeff?

Nope...  Drove one when they were new and was not really impressed (mind you, I was also un-fazed by the SLK 350 stick shift I drove last year too). 
The past:00 BMW M Rdstr, 19 Jetta, 15 Ducati Scrambler, 09 Triumph Bonneville, 98 Boxster, 17 Kawi Z900, 05 LS 430, 99 LS 400, 17 Subaru STI, 14 Triumph STR, 15 WRX, 09 Ducati Monster 1100,  08 335i, 06 Suzuki SV650S, 06 330i, 06 MX-5, 04 Audi A4, 03 Suzuki SV650S, 98 328i, 93 Civic Si, 85 Corolla

Offline ChaosphereIX

• Car Crazy
  • Wont run with the pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #6677 on: March 13, 2021, 03:35:29 pm »

The fact that you even compare that to a Porsche or Miata is hilarious. I'd take a Miata over that every day of the week.
I am just saying I applaud someone who dares to be different and not yet another Miata or Porsche owner for their toy car. Variety is good.

Offline blur911

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +243/-779
  • Nasty Weasel
    • View Profile
  • Cars: and bikes by age:BMW, Porsche, Subaru, Suzuki, Suzuki, Mazda, Jaguar, Kawasaki, Porsche, GMC, Suzuki
« Reply #6678 on: March 13, 2021, 04:31:37 pm »

I am just saying I applaud someone who dares to be different and not yet another Miata or Porsche owner for their toy car. Variety is good.

:hello:
Yeah, so boring :rofl2:
Mr Pickypants

Offline ChaosphereIX

• Car Crazy
  • Wont run with the pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #6679 on: March 13, 2021, 04:51:10 pm »

:hello:
Yeah, so boring :rofl2:
Not saying boring, it is obvious that the Miata and any Porsche are fantastic, and have been forever top choices for enthusiast cars. That is the point.