Author Topic: Preview: 2016 Hyundai Tucson  (Read 18414 times)

Offline Patrick_D1

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +100/-104
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2024 GTI, 2024 Tiguan R-Line Black
Re: Preview: 2016 Hyundai Tucson
« Reply #40 on: April 03, 2015, 03:25:46 pm »
www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qf59dfxhNuA

Those wheels I would change immediately and use them in winter, having painted them with that black rubbery stuff. They are the only design let down IMHO.
It sounds like the AWD is lockable?

The AWD system in all the Hyundai SUVs can be locked 50/50 at low speeds. It automatically disengages above 40 km/h and re-engages when you slow down below the threshold.
Manual gearbox evangelist. Die-hard automotive and motorsport enthusiast. Often found covered in mud.

Offline Snowman

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +702/-1347
  • “It’s never crowded along the extra mile.”
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Cars: 2012 Audi TT-RS. 2011 Toyota Venza AWD.2004 Honda S2000 Bikes: Giant Defy Avdvanced 0. Giant Talon 29 "hardtail"
« Reply #41 on: April 03, 2015, 04:32:49 pm »
The new Tucson looks great, Hyundai has figured out the secret sauce for CUV design .

All CUV's are starting to look the same.

Offline Noto

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +774/-2132
  • This forum is making me almost as bitter as SirO
    • View Profile
  • Cars: '23 Mazda CX-50 Turbo; '24 Crosstrek Wilderness
« Reply #42 on: April 06, 2015, 03:46:01 pm »
  That was quite a discussion over torque figures! The SAE which is all things automotive uses the term lb"dot in the middle"ft. I couldn't figure out how to get the dot in the middle on this keyboard which is a bit embarrassing.
lb.ft is also incorrect.  ;D

Offline Sir Osis of Liver

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1376/-1726
  • Ramblin' man
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2017 KTM DUKE 390, 2019 VW Jetta GLI 35th Anniversary
« Reply #43 on: April 06, 2015, 04:17:36 pm »
^ :rofl2:
On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last, and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.

H. L. Mencken

Offline dirtyjeffer

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +296/-1312
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2021 Toyota Venza Limited, 2016 Kia Sorento EX AWD
« Reply #44 on: April 06, 2015, 04:28:02 pm »
i posted this in another thread, but figured it applies here too...i like the looks of the new Tuscon (huge improvement over the outgoing model), but i'd still take a Forester over it...personally, if i buy an AWD vehicle, i want it to be AWD, not AWD*.

*in certain conditions.
When you've lost the argument, admit defeat and hit the smite button.

Offline Noto

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: April 06, 2015, 04:51:18 pm »
i posted this in another thread, but figured it applies here too...i like the looks of the new Tuscon (huge improvement over the outgoing model), but i'd still take a Forester over it...personally, if i buy an AWD vehicle, i want it to be AWD, not AWD*.
*in certain conditions.

Yeah, still not the same class of vehicle.

Crossktrek:Tucson, yes.  Forester:Tucson, no.  Like, in every dimension.

Offline dirtyjeffer

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +296/-1312
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2021 Toyota Venza Limited, 2016 Kia Sorento EX AWD
« Reply #46 on: April 06, 2015, 05:11:42 pm »
*in certain conditions.

Yeah, still not the same class of vehicle.

Crossktrek:Tucson, yes.  Forester:Tucson, no.  Like, in every dimension.
i'd still bet they get cross shopped somewhat though...they will still be relatively similar in price and many may not look at a CrossTrek thinking it is a wagon and not an SUV.

Offline Noto

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 13, 2015, 09:15:02 am »
I again ask, what's with all the re-posting of older articles with today's date?!

and again,

Just before we delve into the details on the Tucson, a brief overview of Hyundai’s light truck strategy. During the presentation, Hyundai touched on their core strategy for controlling a slice of the growing crossover market (three sizes of crossover), and trotted out their Santa MonicaCruz concept trucklet once again.
^^ this still hasn't been fixed.

Offline JacobBlack

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +440/-499
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2008 Ford F-150
« Reply #48 on: April 13, 2015, 09:23:29 am »
I again ask, what's with all the re-posting of older articles with today's date?!

and again,

Just before we delve into the details on the Tucson, a brief overview of Hyundai’s light truck strategy. During the presentation, Hyundai touched on their core strategy for controlling a slice of the growing crossover market (three sizes of crossover), and trotted out their Santa MonicaCruz concept trucklet once again.

That's fixed now, thanks. And we explained a few times already now, after auto shows we regularly bring articles back up to the homepage and let them filter back down with a new published-on date because we have a lot of coverage in a rush, which gets overlooked because of sheer volume. This is our way of making sure everything gets its due.

Offline sacrat

• Auto Obsessed
  • Carma: +21/-64
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2018 Ford Escape Titanium; 2014 Ford Fusion Titanium AWD;2014 Hyundai Elantra GL ; 2012 Infiniti G37X
« Reply #49 on: April 13, 2015, 10:50:34 am »

and again,

That's fixed now, thanks. And we explained a few times already now, after auto shows we regularly bring articles back up to the homepage and let them filter back down with a new published-on date because we have a lot of coverage in a rush, which gets overlooked because of sheer volume. This is our way of making sure everything gets its due.

These reprints used to be prefaced with "first published (original date)". Much less confusing. I was initially excited to see a new update since we'll be shopping this vehicle for my wife. Kind of a letdown, much like my wife feels about me  :-\
Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. Martin Luther King, Jr.

Offline Noto

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 13, 2015, 11:29:33 am »
These reprints used to be prefaced with "first published (original date)". Much less confusing. I was initially excited to see a new update since we'll be shopping this vehicle for my wife. Kind of a letdown, much like my wife feels about me  :-\
^^ This.

Offline JacobBlack

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +440/-499
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2008 Ford F-150
« Reply #51 on: April 13, 2015, 11:33:39 am »
We do that if it's been a long time since publication. These are a week old. Seemed like overkill. No matter though, I'll add that when I get to the office later..  Would hate to confuse you!