Author Topic: Black Flag: Formula 1 Kicks off in Aus  (Read 2521 times)

Offline Autos_Editor

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +91/-560
    • View Profile
Black Flag: Formula 1 Kicks off in Aus
« on: March 15, 2015, 10:00:57 pm »
What on earth is going on here?
Read More...

Offline mmret

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +240/-570
    • View Profile
Re: Black Flag: Formula 1 Kicks off in Aus
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2015, 10:04:25 pm »
Snoozer of a race. Have to hope that Rosberg finds some inspiration otherwise it will be an insufferable season (made 10x worse by Sky commentary)
You can't just have your characters announce how they feel.
That makes me feel angry!

Present: 15.5 V60 T6 + Polestar, 17 MDX
Sometimes Borrow: 11 GLK350
Dark and Twisted Past: 13 TL AWD, 07 Z4 3.0si, 07 CLK550, 06 TSX, 07 Civic, 01 Grandma!

Offline OliverD

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +255/-770
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2011 BMW 328i Touring, 1998 Jaguar XJR, 2024 Mini Cooper S
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2015, 08:59:39 am »
Snoozer of a race. Have to hope that Rosberg finds some inspiration otherwise it will be an insufferable season (made 10x worse by Sky commentary)

Where do you watch it with Sky commentary? Or do you download.

Offline Danno001

• Auto Obsessed
  • Carma: +13/-45
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2015, 10:06:18 am »
Is it time for spec cars and engines?

The grid quantity and overall quality was laughable for the Australian race.

Offline dougjp

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +165/-170
  • Cars: 2019 VW Jetta GLI, 2014 Elantra GT
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2015, 10:08:42 am »
Agree about the snooze fest. Race summary, a pass for third place, but because of pit strategy, and some cars running close together mid pack. Oh, and will Jenson's Honda engine reach the finish line.

I couldn't be more in disagreement about the "Black Flag". Yes, van der Garde should get one, but for being a wimp. In my considered opinion, The Black Flag goes to Sauber, and this from someone who used to be a supporter of the team.

If someone stole millions from you as well as taking away your job, you might be tempted to do something more specific than going through the court systems, but that's what van der Garde did. Perhaps he timed it for best effect, or simply it took until the latest European court decision before he could take action. No matter.

Sauber, with decisions made by "The Kettle Born" who now runs the show, was by their actions in contempt of not one, not two but Three courts. Don't be fooled by Peter Sauber and the calming grandfatherly smile, this is not the same team as it used to be. Remember this is a team that hired 4 drivers for two available positions. Sutil is just in the wings with his lawsuit if he could only figure "where all the money went".

While not good for the racing show, I was hoping the courts would seize Sauber's assets and arrest The Kettle Born". Alas they managed to escape the country. What's next? It will be interesting to see. Regardless, the bottom line is eventually this gross arrogance, lying to ignoring and flouting the law has to be stopped.

Offline 5 Wheel Drive

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +88/-20
    • View Profile
  • Cars: My Mazda fleet: 2014 CX9 GS, 2013 Mazda 3 GX, 1997 Miata
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2015, 10:35:17 pm »
Read an article today on Sky Sports about Red Bull threatening the leave F1 at the end of the year if the FIA didn't do something about the Mercedes dominance.  How quickly they forget! Did the 2010 to 2013 seasons suddenly disappear from their memory or something? How many times did Vettel win a race by 50 some odd seconds over the next placed driver? Talk about being sore losers!

Mercedes did a better job with the power unit. Deal with it, or ditch Renault and buy the Merc instead. It's always been a well balanced car, I'lI bet the RBR would be frikkin' fast with Merc power.
"This is no Playstation, this.  There is no reset button if you get it wrong.  You just go through the pearly gates...on fire!"   -Jeremy Clarkson

Offline OliverD

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +255/-770
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2011 BMW 328i Touring, 1998 Jaguar XJR, 2024 Mini Cooper S
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2015, 08:29:06 am »
Read an article today on Sky Sports about Red Bull threatening the leave F1 at the end of the year if the FIA didn't do something about the Mercedes dominance.  How quickly they forget! Did the 2010 to 2013 seasons suddenly disappear from their memory or something? How many times did Vettel win a race by 50 some odd seconds over the next placed driver? Talk about being sore losers!

Mercedes did a better job with the power unit. Deal with it, or ditch Renault and buy the Merc instead. It's always been a well balanced car, I'lI bet the RBR would be frikkin' fast with Merc power.

Yeah, it's pretty funny. Four years of dominance is a pretty good run. And at least they're still better than McLaren-Honda.