Author Topic: DKaz's bike adventure  (Read 45186 times)

Online Great_Big_Abyss

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +268/-457
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2019 Mazda CX-5
Re: DKaz's bike adventure
« Reply #140 on: June 07, 2021, 08:49:57 am »
Awesome shots. I'll ride across Canada one day.

Yeah, Calgary seems like an epic place to own a motorcycle.  You've got the Rocky Mountains an hour and a half in one direction, and the badlands an hour and a half in the other direction. 

Offline PJungnitsch

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +170/-337
    • View Profile
    • Travel in Africa
  • Cars: Subaru Crosstrek, Lexus RX350, Evolve Carbon, Biktrix Juggernaut, Yamaha TW200
« Reply #141 on: June 07, 2021, 09:10:43 am »
Getting your use out out of that machine. And with the sweet satisfaction of paying almost nothing for it!

What kind of mileage does it get?

Offline ktm525

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +117/-442
  • Just walk away!
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Land Rover LR4, Honda Ridgeline, Husqvarna FE501
« Reply #142 on: June 07, 2021, 10:05:03 am »

Yeah, Calgary seems like an epic place to own a motorcycle.  You've got the Rocky Mountains an hour and a half in one direction, and the badlands an hour and a half in the other direction.

Sorry to burst your bubble but most of the roads here are straight. DKaz I believe spits time between Edmonton and BC. Again the roads around Edmonton suck but that BC portion makes up for it.

Offline draghon

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +20/-27
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Mine [07 Civic SI coupe] Wife [23 Sienna XSE AWD]
« Reply #143 on: June 07, 2021, 10:09:18 am »

Sorry to burst your bubble but most of the roads here are straight. DKaz I believe spits time between Edmonton and BC. Again the roads around Edmonton suck but that BC portion makes up for it.

But at least you have some elevation changes, ever driven in Manitoba?
ex rides: 93 Aerostar XLT AWD
wife ex rides: 07 Wave base, 11 Tiguan Comfortline with sport package, 14 Acadia SLE II AWD

Offline ktm525

• Car Crazy
  • Just walk away!
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: June 07, 2021, 06:47:01 pm »

But at least you have some elevation changes, ever driven in Manitoba?

Through it. Quickly. ;D

Actually the Hansen Lake road which starts outside of Prince Albert all the way to Flin Flon is damn entertaining. Was driving a university Suburban through there and it was hours of drifting the big old girl. The last 5 mins of the drive is in MB. ;)

Offline dkaz

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +289/-389
  • Flip flop
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 12 Mazda 5 GT 6MT
« Reply #145 on: June 08, 2021, 12:44:08 am »

Thanks. Try to take more than 4 days to do each way.  :rofl2: I'd love to take 3 weeks and go coast to coast.

Getting your use out out of that machine. And with the sweet satisfaction of paying almost nothing for it!

It's amazing. Probably the best value motorcycle I've bought ever. My average is 3.7 L/100km. My best tank is 2.9 L/100km exploring all the 80 km/h roads east of Edmonton, and worst tank 5.0 L/100km pinning the throttle on the highway. Top speed is 150 km/h indicated which is 135 km/h GPS verified. On my trip to Drumheller doing 100 km/h on average, I did 3.5 L/100km both tanks.

It's worse in Edmonton where I'm over 4 hours away from any mountain.

Actually the Hansen Lake road which starts outside of Prince Albert all the way to Flin Flon is damn entertaining. Was driving a university Suburban through there and it was hours of drifting the big old girl. The last 5 mins of the drive is in MB. ;)

Flin Flon is oddly on my list.  :rofl2:

Offline ktm525

• Car Crazy
  • Just walk away!
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: June 08, 2021, 01:17:18 am »

Thanks. Try to take more than 4 days to do each way.  :rofl2: I'd love to take 3 weeks and go coast to coast.

It's amazing. Probably the best value motorcycle I've bought ever. My average is 3.7 L/100km. My best tank is 2.9 L/100km exploring all the 80 km/h roads east of Edmonton, and worst tank 5.0 L/100km pinning the throttle on the highway. Top speed is 150 km/h indicated which is 135 km/h GPS verified. On my trip to Drumheller doing 100 km/h on average, I did 3.5 L/100km both tanks.

It's worse in Edmonton where I'm over 4 hours away from any mountain.

Flin Flon is oddly on my list.  :rofl2:

Do it but I would wait until the first frost to knock the bugs down. A big ass loop through north Sask, Manitoba and then down the lake and back..