Author Topic: DKaz's bike adventure  (Read 45193 times)

Offline dkaz

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +289/-389
  • Flip flop
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 12 Mazda 5 GT 6MT
Re: DKaz's bike adventure
« Reply #60 on: February 16, 2016, 04:15:01 pm »
Sooooo I was rear ended on Saturday. It was super minor, I was waiting to turn right onto the highway and the guy behind me also wanting to turn right was looking for a break in traffic and not what was in front of him, so he rolled into me. I was more afraid he wouldn't have noticed he hit me and continued rolling forward, pushing me into traffic.

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1254/-7210
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: February 16, 2016, 05:20:59 pm »
How fast is my 911?  Supras sh*t on on me all the time...in reverse..with blown turbos  :( ...

Offline safristi

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +471/-416
    • View Profile
  • Cars: since the beginning of Saf timeLOTUS ELAN,STANDARD... 10, MG midget, MGB (2),Mazda Millennia,Hyundai Veloster and 1997 Ford Ranger 2014 Subaru Forester XT
« Reply #62 on: February 16, 2016, 05:32:19 pm »
I bet. Yea I went for a 30 minute ride a week and a half ago to get fresh fuel and stabilizer into the carb, also my battery tender is finally coming in the next couple of days. I didn't think I would need one but alas I need one.

I really like my Battery Tender!

i KNOW  MAN who eats them RAW ::) :P
Time is to stop everything happening at once

Offline aquadorhj

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +271/-265
    • View Profile
  • Cars: MB SLK 55, Lexus NX, E46 M3, Honda Fit, VW Jetta, VW Rabbit, Saturn SC, Nissan NX,
« Reply #63 on: February 16, 2016, 05:35:42 pm »
wouldn't flashing and alternating light be illegal?

Driving thrills makes my wallet lighter.. and therefore makes me faster because i'm shedding weight... :D

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: February 16, 2016, 05:39:38 pm »
wouldn't flashing and alternating light be illegal?

Depends where.  Though in most places, modulators (headlights and taillights) on motorcycles are legal.  In Canada, they became fully legal for motorcycle in 2002.

Offline dkaz

• Car Crazy
  • Flip flop
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: February 17, 2016, 10:24:54 pm »
Cool product. Tempting...

Offline dkaz

• Car Crazy
  • Flip flop
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: February 27, 2016, 11:25:21 am »
All fixed! So happy to be back on the road. Motorcyclists have been out in full force in Kelowna all week and I had to watch them from my Odyssey.

Installed a windscreen too. Initial thoughts, I've gained 5% in speed in a normal upright seating position and up to another 5% if I tuck myself so 3/4 of my helmet is below the top of the windscreen. It's also very quiet in the in the latter position too as if I were in a car, but upright it's quite a bit noisier in than pre windscreen. I think it's because of the increased wind pressure up around my helmet. I do like the lower wind pressure around my body.

I wonder if an attachment to get that wind over my helmet upright might be a good idea.

Offline dkaz

• Car Crazy
  • Flip flop
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: April 14, 2016, 03:26:05 pm »
The broken exhaust bolt issue that is common with Vino 125s has struck its latest victim. The muffler has broken off the exhaust pipe as a result.

Options:
-Ask shops if they can weld it back together
-NCY exhaust. No expected performance increase except maybe a bit of better acceleration and hill climbing especially if I upjet the carb

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: April 14, 2016, 04:43:34 pm »

I wonder if an attachment to get that wind over my helmet upright might be a good idea.

I know I'm buying one of these for my PCX...apparently they work incredibly well.  So much so that guys say when it's raining just their shoulders get wet.

X-Creen Sport  http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/mra-x-creen-sport-variable-windscreen-spoiler-blade

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: April 14, 2016, 04:45:26 pm »

-NCY exhaust. No expected performance increase except maybe a bit of better acceleration and hill climbing especially if I upjet the carb

Go this way.  You'll likely save 5lbs too.

Offline dkaz

• Car Crazy
  • Flip flop
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: April 15, 2016, 01:30:31 pm »
I know I'm buying one of these for my PCX...apparently they work incredibly well.  So much so that guys say when it's raining just their shoulders get wet.

X-Creen Sport  http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/mra-x-creen-sport-variable-windscreen-spoiler-blade

Thanks! I'll look into it.

Go this way.  You'll likely save 5lbs too.

Ordered, should arrive at my house Tuesday. I'm itching to ride, I swear it's been one thing after another stopping me from riding.

Offline dkaz

• Car Crazy
  • Flip flop
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: December 16, 2016, 07:43:27 pm »
After having my scooter sit in the garage for 3 months with a blown engine, I finally decided to get a local mechanic to look at it.

I'm opting to rebuild the engine. Kinda wanted to look at a big bore kit but the mechanic advised against it. With parts and labour, it's going to run me a cool grand. Meh, small price to pay for happiness. Can't wait to start riding again, two-three months tops and I'll be out there riding again.  8)

Offline Triple Bob

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +308/-574
  • Profesional Dash Stroker
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Tundra, GTI, Triumph Tiger, KTM, C63 AMG, FZ-09, Triumph Speed Triple, VW Golf Wagon TDI, BMW 535i, Honda CRF250L, Hyundai Genesis Coupe, Mitsubishi Outlander, Lotus Exige, Subaru Impreza, Peugeot 106, BMW Z4, Toyota MR2 MKIII, Ford Sierra Sapphire
« Reply #72 on: December 19, 2016, 12:43:39 pm »
What happened, any warning signs?

Choosing a car based on reliability is like choosing a wife based solely because she is punctual. There is more to it than that...

Offline dkaz

• Car Crazy
  • Flip flop
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: December 19, 2016, 06:47:35 pm »

My engine sounded off leading up to the total failure, I figure as early as 2 weeks or 1,000km prior. I just pushed that poor engine too damn hard. 50-80 km a day, lot of time on the highway, it was only a matter of time. And you absolutely bet I'm going to do it again.

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: December 19, 2016, 07:00:05 pm »

My engine sounded off leading up to the total failure, I figure as early as 2 weeks or 1,000km prior. I just pushed that poor engine too damn hard. 50-80 km a day, lot of time on the highway, it was only a matter of time. And you absolutely bet I'm going to do it again.

It's the heat/detonation.

You need to run the best..absolute best synthetic oil you can.  And in the summer, run premium.

If I was you, I'd WPC treat the piston, rings and cylinder wall while I had it apart.

Offline dkaz

• Car Crazy
  • Flip flop
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: December 19, 2016, 07:11:16 pm »

You need to run the best..absolute best synthetic oil you can.  And in the summer, run premium.

If I was you, I'd WPC treat the piston, rings and cylinder wall while I had it apart.

Mechanic said either:
1. Insufficient oil or oil circulation (I stayed on top of it)
2. Ran the engine at high RPMs too long (possible)

I plan on grabbing a case of Amsoil scooter oil soon. I always ran premium ethanol free gas as the carb didn't seem to like ethanol.

What's WPC? I'll run that by my mechanic.

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: December 19, 2016, 08:19:04 pm »

Mechanic said either:
1. Insufficient oil or oil circulation (I stayed on top of it)
2. Ran the engine at high RPMs too long (possible)

I plan on grabbing a case of Amsoil scooter oil soon. I always ran premium ethanol free gas as the carb didn't seem to like ethanol.

What's WPC? I'll run that by my mechanic.

Are you still Amsoil PC?  If not, I'll help you out on price.

I 100% guarantee your mechanic will have no idea what WPC is.  This is one of the advanced surface treatments to reduce friction.  Used in F1, MotoGP, etc  Finally talked a buddy into putting it on his trigger of one of his competition guns.  The rules do not allow for "trigger jobs" in his class.  So I told him WPC.  He finally agreed.  With just the treatment, reduced his pull by almost 1 lb! (this is a lot BTW)  Anyways, if you want to read up on it, here's a couple of links.  The video will do a better job of explaining it.

http://www.wpctreatment.com/
MotoIQ.  They did it and accicdentally ran their race car several laps..with no oil.  It works so well they didn't really know.  And afterwards the tear down showed no real damage.  http://www.motoiq.com/MagazineArticles/ID/17/Special-Treatment-Part-1-All-you-wanted-to-know-about-WPC.aspx

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YMo7rkyBMsg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BF60s6LeQkI

Offline dkaz

• Car Crazy
  • Flip flop
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: April 20, 2020, 07:50:01 pm »
My first 600...

Offline rrocket